Maint. Stations

With the merger is there any rumor of new Maint. stations opening up? Any hiring in Maint.?

SWA is hiring right now for a new line of maint. to start in Dallas by 2013. They will be hiring about a half dozen or more each month thru the rest of this year until they hit the number needed for the new line. You asked about new stations opening up. There is a possibility of new maint starting in Denver if our two nego cmte's will come to an agreement to vote on the SLI agreements, and if they are voted in and not arbitraded in. If all goes well and passes the masses then yes new Denver maint will open by mid to late 2013, but I have heard the month of July is the commitment date for the 4th line of maint in Dallas. Denver maint, I believe is tied to 90 days after we vote in the agreements. Also with the merger, I believe there will be maint build ups at MCO and ALT. AirTran currently does not do anything larger than over night checks, so we will have to start doing alot more maint to their birds once they become under AMFA's contract. Now's the time to get in. Good luck. There are thousands of AA mechanics just a few miles away that will be affected by the lay-offs at Alliance, that are more than likely applying...

Thanx for the info. I was wondering what are RON requirements? As for the no. of A/C at an RON sta. will they be required to staff for Maint . Ops.? Is there a no. of daily flts. which will require the company to put maint. in some AT stations?

SWA is hiring right now for a new line of maint. to start in Dallas by 2013. They will be hiring about a half dozen or more each month thru the rest of this year until they hit the number needed for the new line. You asked about new stations opening up. There is a possibility of new maint starting in Denver if our two nego cmte's will come to an agreement to vote on the SLI agreements, and if they are voted in and not arbitraded in. If all goes well and passes the masses then yes new Denver maint will open by mid to late 2013, but I have heard the month of July is the commitment date for the 4th line of maint in Dallas. Denver maint, I believe is tied to 90 days after we vote in the agreements. Also with the merger, I believe there will be maint build ups at MCO and ALT. AirTran currently does not do anything larger than over night checks, so we will have to start doing alot more maint to their birds once they become under AMFA's contract. Now's the time to get in. Good luck. There are thousands of AA mechanics just a few miles away that will be affected by the lay-offs at Alliance, that are more than likely applying...
I haven't seen anything on the SouthWest web site.

I haven't seen anything on the SouthWest web site.

Brother, you need to check the web site on a daily basis, and numerous times each day. It will get posted and in a matter of hours it will get pulled off. SWA gets literally thousands and thousands of resumes when an AMT position is posted. Sometimes the website gets overloaded and shuts down. Just ask the F/A's when their positions get posted.
You may not have seen it today, but it may have been posted the second you got off line and shut your computer down. YES! It's that quick, trust me, It has happened many, many times in the past.
I've seen it happen in 2 hours. be persistant and good luck. Right now they have about 30-40 mechanics going thru testing to be interviewed if they past the test, so currently they have a sellection of about, on average, 12-18 mechanics that will get thru. Not everyone can pass the test.

Back