Maintained by Scabs; No "significant liquidity" from operations until 2009-2010

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Northwest Airlines needs at least 2 bln usd more to exit bankruptcy - report

12.21.2005, 10:21 PM

HONG KONG (AFX) - Northwest Airlines said it will need at least two bln usd in fresh funding to exit bankruptcy protection and finance new aircraft, the Financial Times reported.

In its online edition, the newspaper said the funding needs were outlined in new court documents and they suggest Northwest may seek debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing to exit bankruptcy.

The report said Delta Air Lines filed for bankruptcy on the same day as Northwest in September, and has secured 2.2 bln usd in DIP financing from General Electric, Morgan Stanley and others to support a planned exit in late 2006 or early 2007.

In contrast, Northwest said it would work with 1.4 bln in cash it had at the time of filing.

The airline said it will not generate 'significant liquidity' from operations until 2009 or 2010, and needed five to seven bln usd to replace its fleet over the next seven to ten years.

http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/afx/2...afx2409259.html

Look for NW to end up in the arms of a sugar-dAAddy suitor before too long. It's gonna be a long, cold winter.

I think January and Feburary are going to be "intresting" to say the least.

I really do not think NWA would be foolish enough to request pay cuts from the scabs. Then again it could be a good move for them, They would run all the contractors off that went direct and open more slots for the AMFA Boys to come back. I bet they could get a mechanics wages down to twenty dollars an hour. I myself am willing to give them a year at the current pay rate, after that I will be looking for another job. That is pretty much the mentality of all the contractors here.

thats all you would do is replace jobs done by a unionized group because that is all you know how to do. you are a pathetic scab. it sure is a darn good thing that my fellow friends wont fly on NWA when scabs like yourself are fixing a plane. I agree that I think JAN and FEB are going to be very interesting. I doubt that NWA is going to let you keep your current wages.

thats all you would do is replace jobs done by a unionized group because that is all you know how to do. you are a pathetic scab. it sure is a darn good thing that my fellow friends wont fly on NWA when scabs like yourself are fixing a plane. I agree that I think JAN and FEB are going to be very interesting. I doubt that NWA is going to let you keep your current wages.
[/quote

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

robbedagain,

Your characterization of PTO, as a "PATHETIC SCAB", is "PRICELESS"

(IMHO) THAT was the BEST definition since these "sorry"
POS'(s) set foot on NW property !!

BRAVO !!

NH/BB's

typically the slowest period and with the rising jet fuel prices, more and more pay cuts along with the benes cuts coming! talked to a NWA ramp agent yesterday and sat and he said they are losing their jobs in 3 weeks in ABE and some of them believe that NWA will go out of business

What is the big deal with January and February?
Jeez 'Cods, you mean your SUPERscab ego doesn't know? Like Robbed said, its the slowest time for travel. As you should know by now (or not :rolleyes:) Scab Air needs cash....badly. Hopefully, Dougie Stealin', Neal "the butcher" Cohen and friends will go down in the books as the clowns that caused Scab Air to go "poof"...and disappear.

Enjoy the ride down 'Cods. :up: