Major Capacity Cut at Heartland Station

S

SkyguyB727

I just saw that NW/DL is eliminating all mainline service on the MSN-MSP route as of 01 September. All of the flights are being transferred to XJ and 9E with CRJ equipment.

MSN has historically been a very strong market for NW. It's one of the "heartland" markets. NW is the only mainline carrier operating at that city.

It appears from this that DL plans to turn MSN into a Delta Connection city. Maybe that explains why the Comair staff are staying on despite the promise by DL management that cities with mainline NW and Delta Connection would be handled only by the mainline NW staff.

Yes we did.

A memo issued in mid-October from (now departed) SVP Crystal Knotek mapped out exactly how stations would be integrated depending on what pre-merger group was where.

In MSN's case (and GRR, MDW, FNT, and a couple of others where DL or DCI are handled by Comair), the notice stated that NW above & below wing agents would work both carriers' flights going forward.

The lyrics from the Fleetwood Mac song are echoing in my head when I think about DL's actions on this. "Tell me lies. Tell me sweet, little lies."

It seemed odd to me that Comair was hiring a lot of agents in MSN a month or two ago. Why would they do that if none of those jobs would exist after 14 July? Who would hire on with a company knowing they would not have a job in one or two months? Now we know the real reason why there was a Comair hiring blitz.

I now have a better perspective on how the TWA people felt after they were acquired by AA. DL is employing the same tactics. Comair agents are already doing NW work in direct violation of the NW CBA. DL doesn't seem to care that there is a legally binding labor contract still in full effect.

The lyrics from the Fleetwood Mac song are echoing in my head when I think about DL's actions on this. "Tell me lies. Tell me sweet, little lies."

It seemed odd to me that Comair was hiring a lot of agents in MSN a month or two ago. Why would they do that if none of those jobs would exist after 14 July? Who would hire on with a company knowing they would not have a job in one or two months? Now we know the real reason why there was a Comair hiring blitz.

I now have a better perspective on how the TWA people felt after they were acquired by AA. DL is employing the same tactics. Comair agents are already doing NW work in direct violation of the NW CBA. DL doesn't seem to care that there is a legally binding labor contract still in full effect.
Are you feeling the synergy now? They have done this in the past and will do it again. Bend over and grab your ankles, cause Ma Delta is going to take care of everything.

Are you feeling the synergy now? They have done this in the past and will do it again. Bend over and grab your ankles, cause Ma Delta is going to take care of everything.
This is unbeilevable. Delta moving the bar again. Moving MAINLINE PEOPLE out of cities and allowing connection carriers to handle NWA sorry Delta flights with their people. They said they would not do this didn't they? I too would be very upset about this . Oh sorry I just re read the original post. They are moving MAINLINE out and just connection carrier will be there.
Sort of changes things when you look at it that way. Synergy is a business model not an employee model as far as I know.But I am sorry for the employees that will be effected.

This is unbeilevable. Delta moving the bar again. Moving MAINLINE PEOPLE out of cities and allowing connection carriers to handle NWA sorry Delta flights with their people. They said they would not do this didn't they? I too would be very upset about this .

In MSN, there is still a mainline check-in counter and a Delta Connection counter. However, mainline passengers can and are being checked in at the Delta Connection counter by the Delta Connection staff. That's the part that Delta said in writing would not happen. In short, what Delta management promised in writing and what is actually happening are two very different things.

Note that not all mainline service is being eliminated according to nwa.com. It is just being reduced. Many mainline flights will be replaced by CRJs.

In short, what Delta management promised in writing and what is actually happening are two very different things.

Absolutely nothing new here. Business as usual.

Oh...and I just love this one from Anderson's "Rules of the Road" Constitutional Principles:

A. Always tell the truth.

In MSN, there is still a mainline check-in counter and a Delta Connection counter. However, mainline passengers can and are being checked in at the Delta Connection counter by the Delta Connection staff. That's the part that Delta said in writing would not happen. In short, what Delta management promised in writing and what is actually happening are two very different things.

Note that not all mainline service is being eliminated according to nwa.com. It is just being reduced. Many mainline flights will be replaced by CRJs.
Glad to hear that mainline will still be in MSN. How many flts. per day and what aircraft type?

Glad to hear that mainline will still be in MSN. How many flts. per day and what aircraft type?
According to nwa.com, there will be only three mainline flights per day out of MSN. Those will be operated with DC-9 equipment. Everything else will be CRJs with possibly an Embraer 175 thrown in there. It's quite a change from the current schedule.