Major Unions Appeal For Changes To Obamacare

Knotbuyinit

Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Today’s WSJ reports (Subscription Required) that the heads of three large labor unions are pushing Democrats in Congress to make changes to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

"Since last year, union leaders have complained that many of the law’s requirements will drive up costs for union-sponsored health-care plans that are managed jointly by unions and mostly small employers, making unionized workers less competitive and potentially causing unionized employers to drop the plans that cover more than 20 million people.

To offset the expected rising costs of these “multiemployer” plans, several union groups want their lower-paid members to be able to remain on the plans while also getting access to federal insurance subsidies to be provided under the law. Their problem is that under the law, the subsidies were designed to be used by low-income workers who don’t have employer coverage, as a way to help them buy private insurance. The bottom line: they want lawmakers to apply the subsidies to people in the multiemployer plans.

In a letter dated July 11 to Sen. Harry Reid and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, union officials also said they are concerned the Affordable Care Act is leading employers to cut workers’ hours below 30 hours a week so that workers can avoid requirements to provide health coverage for those workers in the future.

Without changes, the health-care law “will shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40 hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class,” the union officials wrote"

Today’s WSJ reports (Subscription Required) that the heads of three large labor unions are pushing Democrats in Congress to make changes to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

"Since last year, union leaders have complained that many of the law’s requirements will drive up costs for union-sponsored health-care plans that are managed jointly by unions and mostly small employers, making unionized workers less competitive and potentially causing unionized employers to drop the plans that cover more than 20 million people.

To offset the expected rising costs of these “multiemployer” plans, several union groups want their lower-paid members to be able to remain on the plans while also getting access to federal insurance subsidies to be provided under the law. Their problem is that under the law, the subsidies were designed to be used by low-income workers who don’t have employer coverage, as a way to help them buy private insurance. The bottom line: they want lawmakers to apply the subsidies to people in the multiemployer plans.

In a letter dated July 11 to Sen. Harry Reid and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, union officials also said they are concerned the Affordable Care Act is leading employers to cut workers’ hours below 30 hours a week so that workers can avoid requirements to provide health coverage for those workers in the future.

Without changes, the health-care law “will shatter not only our hard-earned health benefits, but destroy the foundation of the 40 hour work week that is the backbone of the American middle class,” the union officials wrote"

If Hoffa, Trumpka and the boys ARE correct on this, then I also say...DUMP IT.
This would be a change of opinion on my part,..But I'm not one to not be able to say i was wrong !

Funny how hard and costly their lobbying for Obamascare in 2006 and 2008 and now they are starting to see what it will do to their existing healthcare and workplace.

Caveat emptor

If Hoffa, Trumpka and the boys ARE correct on this, then I also say...DUMP IT.
This would be a change of opinion on my part,..But I'm not one to not be able to say i was wrong !
You have to laugh at leftist stupidity.

Only an idiot would think THIS

e2fb530a-8a68-48e0-8cb0-70573fbdfac1.jpg

Is for THEIR benefit.......

You do realize Obamacare is still plaguing Americans.
And the funny thinhg about this plague....they really seem to like it in the red states. I kind of wish they Republicans would have repealed it in 2017 so that we could tell red staters that they got what they voted for...if you suddenly find that you can't get insurance or the premiums are outrageous...they can talk to the Republican they elected about that

No taxes were increased for the AHCA.
Just keep telling yourself that.

1675908584654.png

You are either a liar, ignorant, or both.

You can bet your ass over time you will see increased taxes and budget cuts to healthcare (pay more get less), just like every other socialized healthcare plan on planet Earth. Don't take my word for it, go look for yourself.

But that could not POSSIBLY happen here right?

Frankly I am sick of leftist scum bags pointing toward socialized healthcare as some utopian answer to healthcare. Especially since they don' t know what the **** they are talking about. Despite overwhelming FACTUAL and VERIFIABLE evidence to the contrary they think socialized healthcare is going to solve all of our healthcare problems. In reality all socialized healthcare offers is ever increasing taxes, ever rising cost, and ever falling budgets.

Congrats on being a tool and spreading misinformation.

Last edited:
Didn’t the same thing happen to you when you transferred over to TULE?
I literally don't know what you're on about. I never transferred to TULE, I was originally hired there.

You tried to call me out and ended up making a fool of yourself.