loss of $87 million, the company’s executives are reaping
huge rewards.
Former US Airways CEO Bruce Lakefield left the faltering
company with a reward of $1.3 million.
CEO Doug Parker, who already earns $550,000 annually
plus a bonus of between $440,000 and $880,000, received:
• 500,000 shares of America West stock at a purchase
price of $8.65. That stock, now converted to US Airways,
is worth $33.49 – a potential $12 million in profit.
• Appreciation rights for 196,000 shares for common stock
and 61,000 shares of restricted stock.
Parker also has a $2 million term life insurance policy and a
guaranteed severance package including 200 percent of his
base salary and other perks.
We can’t afford to reward mismanagement. It’s time to invest
in our future and the success of the airline.
US Airways:
Invest In What Works
TEAMSTERS LOCAL 104
At US Airways Management Wins
While Company Loses
:)

Your facts are skewed to suit your own purpose. For those who know what going on it's obvious. It really quite sad the purpose is to divide when we need to unite. So long as those dues keep rolling in will the distortions continue? Why is the mentality to make people look bad to make one look good? This is simpleton thinking.

Even though US Airways reported a 2005 third quarter
loss of $87 million, the company’s executives are reaping
huge rewards.
Former US Airways CEO Bruce Lakefield left the faltering
company with a reward of $1.3 million.
CEO Doug Parker, who already earns $550,000 annually
plus a bonus of between $440,000 and $880,000, received:
• 500,000 shares of America West stock at a purchase
price of $8.65. That stock, now converted to US Airways,
is worth $33.49 – a potential $12 million in profit.
• Appreciation rights for 196,000 shares for common stock
and 61,000 shares of restricted stock.
Parker also has a $2 million term life insurance policy and a
guaranteed severance package including 200 percent of his
base salary and other perks.
We can’t afford to reward mismanagement. It’s time to invest
in our future and the success of the airline.
US Airways:
Invest In What Works
TEAMSTERS LOCAL 104
At US Airways Management Wins
While Company Loses
Very sad for US. :down:

How many airline CEO's are there? Damn few, and damn few good ones.

If Doug and company don't do the job, the board will throw them out.

How much do the union chiefs make? Hmmm?

If all you unhappy, where's mine, the company owes me, folks.... would find happiness, what's yours, and a company that owes you, it would improve your life. I'm sure there are plenty of employers just standing in line to hire folks with such an attitude. Do yourself a favor...go find them and leave us to do the work that needs to be done to make this merger successful. This company has a lot of great employees, but it doesn't take to many bad apples to spoil the whole bunch.

How many airline CEO's are there? Damn few, and damn few good ones.

If Doug and company don't do the job, the board will throw them out.

How much do the union chiefs make? Hmmm?
Very Excellant Post: Mean While We still attempt to NEGOTIATE with DP and The Labor Realtions People. Lets Just Hope %45 or More Card's will provide an Election so WE ALL CAN HAVE A VOICE and Not listen to the Threat's From UNION'S who claim to be UNITER'S,and have NO INTENTION to Unite RATHER save there JOB's in there Environment's,No Change is GOOD according to many people on the BD's. Well change is Coming and It will Last for a LONG LONG TIME. MWW

Its 2005, you don't like it, leave, get a new career, the days of unionized folks with cushy contracts is over. Either be part of the team committed to success, or leave, whiners are just excess drag.

The industry has changed, if you don't change with it, you are on the fringe, bitching and whining.

Here's my $5 worth..........again. I copied and posted this here also.

Each and every individual has the power to drive his or her destiny. So do it!! Expend some of the energy by trying to make things better. Have a part in making things the best that they can be. Who in their right mind, ever got into aviation thinking that they were going to become rich?? And if by some chance you did, I would think that by now, reality has set in. You're not going to be rich when you have a tool box, grease on your hands, work crappy shifts, have crappy days off, freeze your butt off, sweat your butt off, work holidays and/or weekends, cut yourself and bleed (red blood by the way, not blue blood), sit in a cubicle, have your "boss" tell you what to do when he has no clue because he's never been there or done that, work for or along side people that don't have a clue and never will, hand out tools, stock the shelves, load the bags, marshall an airplane, clean the barf off the sidewalls, watch the office/administrative staff leave early on a day before the holiday, watch certain departments leave early on a Friday for their "fun, moral building day".........and yeah, it may stink and it may tick you off and you may "wish" that you weren't there any more but in that "better" place you observe BUT............it's the career you have chosen. It's the career that you LOVE. It's the career that you take pride in. It's the career that is in your blood. It's the career that gives you satisfaction and adds some meaning to your life. It's your choice. No one is making you stay. It is a free country by GOD. And just like this country, LOVE AVIATION OR LEAVE IT. You're not a CEO, not a director, not a manager..........by choice, you're exactly where you chose to be. And if want to be a CEO, a director, manager, then be it. No one is stopping you!!

I have read many posts. It doesn't seem that either union has the best of anything. So again, I pose the question to everyone: If no one is truly happy and satisfied with their current contract, wouldn't this be the time to come together as aviation professionals, members of a new airline and work together and try to get the best from each contract? And even past the contract..........do all this to have a part in making this a success. B)

This thread has so much corporate BS I dont know where to start..

I am staying in this industry for know because I do love working on airplanes, but to bow down to corporate BS is not something I am willing to do..
For a CEO to tell me there is no money for personel in maintenance, while there are open IT, managment, ..etc. positions paying much more just sucks. They dont scoff at paying $30 an hour for a 2yr grad to work on a computer, but a 2 year grad plus 5 plus years experience to work on a 30 million dollar computer that fly's Oh they shouldnt make that much.. Theres no money..
You want to fly on a plane worked on by idiots? Where does it go from there. Flown by idiots. Built by idiots.... Thats the way it is headed. There are so many career paths an A&P could/can choose to earn more yet the aviation bug caught them. And your response to these motivated, educated, exsperienced individuals is love it or leave it???? Ok you take that flight!
I would love for this merger to work out great but wheres our insentive... A job? Theres pleanty of those out there.. Understanding that many of these posts are from people with excellent work ethics, and hell more power to you.. Hows that all workin out for you so far...
Till you have walked in a mechanics shoes dont post on these matters please.

Amen to sweating your butt off!
Gigity.... gigity....goo

its mech and related for all purposes here dude...a good trade unionist wouldn't catagorize another this way....
whether it comes to IBT or IAM all are welcome here....
happy thanksgiving to all from the dude..... ;)

its mech and related for all purposes here dude...a good trade unionist wouldn't catagorize another this way....
whether it comes to IBT or IAM all are welcome here....
happy thanksgiving to all from the dude..... ;)
read the replys dell .. not many trade unionist...
Happy thanksgiving day all... I mean all..

Your facts are skewed to suit your own purpose.

Fisherman,
Please, unskew this:

CRELLIN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT Page 12

(B) Protected Benefits. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, if the Executive's termination of employment for any reason follows the fifth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anniversary of the Executive's date of employment with the Company, the Executive shall be entitled to:

(1) Continuation of travel privileges on the same basis as such benefits were provided to the Executive on the date prior to the termination of employment, or if more favorable to the Executive and/or the Executive's family, as in effect at any time thereafter, with such travel privileges to continue for the life of the Executive;

(2) Continuation of health insurance benefits in the Company's [u]health insurance [/u]program (as the same may change from time to time) until the Executive reaches age 65 provided that the Executive continues to pay monthly premiums at the same time and at the same premium rate applicable to active employees; and provided further, however, that if the Executive should become eligible for health insurance through a subsequent employer, the Company's provision of such benefits shall be secondary to the benefit coverage of the subsequent employer;

(3) a lump sum cash payment in the amount of $70,180, representing the present value of post-age 65 lifetime medical benefits in lieu of those benefits, and
(4) a lump sum cash payment equal to the difference between the value of the accrued and unused vacation that was paid to the Executive at the end of the year 2000 and the value that such accrued and unused vacation would have been if calculated at his current rate of Base Salary as of the Date of Termination.

It's funny how providing information to indiviuals will cause such an up roar. Some say stop that.....as if a secret will be given away. Others feel that information is false and not to be seen by anyone because I want to "make my point". All information is relevent. Most of the complainers are not informed or don't want to be informed even after being given the information. It's not all hearts and flowers and most of us don't have a "goal" yet, other than wanting to keep our job. Most of the "Old" AWA non-union are that way because they don't want to be union.

The "let's all pull together" for the Mechanics and Related will begin when the representation is decided. Then you will see Unity.

Latest posts