Management X-mas Eve pep talk

usramperTPA

Advanced
Jun 10, 2003
Was given a pep talk by a manager on X-mas Eve. I won't mention any names. But the manager in question went on a rant about the problems we have as a company. One of his/her "finer" points was that the reason for some of our troubles is that our employees don't have any pride in our jobs, and $6/hr contractors do a better job because they take pride in their work. I STRONGLY disagree with this manager. What do my peers think?

Was given a pep talk by a manager on X-mas Eve. I won't mention any names. But the manager in question went on a rant about the problems we have as a company. One of his/her "finer" points was that the reason for some of our troubles is that our employees don't have any pride in our jobs, and $6/hr contractors do a better job because they take pride in their work. I STRONGLY disagree with this manager. What do my peers think?
what is this X-mas you describe??
i am not familiar with this terminology.
you with ACLU?

The manager is an idiot.

Well, after a couple incidents the past few days, I would have to say they might be better and more motivated than "some" employees.
237 last week Xmas eve night 1 hr to get the last bags to the belt?
HP 579 on Sunday over 45 mins (I dont know how much longer it took since I had to go work the flight) to get the bags to the belt?
Interline transfer bags just dropped off at the belt for the baggage agents to handle?
Maybe he should have been more precise in his selection of employees to give the lecture to, but I know there are some in town that dont give a $(#* about how they do their job or how it affects their coworkers. Bet you could name a few too.
Know anyone who has had a bucket of good wing bones lately? ;)

One of his/her "finer" points was that the reason for some of our troubles is that our employees don't have any pride in our jobs.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Tell everyone the managers name. Strip it naked and parade it through the streets until it runs for cover denying it ever said any thing on Christmas Eve.

This manager was out of line. I, too, agree w/ Dog. There is no place for people like that in this company. :down:

Report this manager to Doug Parker <[email protected]> and Larry Lesueur <[email protected]>. He will either be on the street or he will be promoted to special assistant for Al Crellin.

I knew imediately this manager must have been on the US side and probably has the same problem us has had for years. However, I can bet I know what Doug Parker would say. He would tell the workers how much he appreciated you being there to help our pax. He would tell you he realized you were giving up a lot to be without your famlies on this day and how much he appreciated it. He would ask you to put yourselves in your customers shoes and please treat them as you would want one of your family to be treated--that is the ones you really care about. This manager needs to be around Doug Parker a little more. His use of positive psychology with his employees make us want to roll over when he says to. He inspires all of us and makes us WANT to work more and harder. You can take this to the bank!!

Well, after a couple incidents the past few days, I would have to say they might be better and more motivated than "some" employees.
HP 579 on Sunday over 45 mins (I dont know how much longer it took since I had to go work the flight) to get the bags to the belt?
Interline transfer bags just dropped off at the belt for the baggage agents to handle?
Maybe he should have been more precise in his selection of employees to give the lecture to, but I know there are some in town that dont give a $(#* about how they do their job or how it affects their coworkers. Bet you could name a few too.
Hey Tad, I think you can guess who I'm talking about! You see this person's "people skills" on a daily basis also.

Tad, you know darn well we have manpower issues on the ramp here in TPA. That HP flt usually doesn't have enough help on a daily basis. As a matter of fact, when we first took over the HP flights, the same manager, I'm still not mentioning names, told me "I don't want you to get used to having extra help on the HP flights".
As for the conx baggage on the claim belt, I agree with you. there are some bad apples, but us good apples far outnumber them.

Hey Tad let me tell you about the 237 and 723 inbound flts on Christmas,
3 man ramp closing team, 2 very heavy 757 aircraft arriving within 20 mins of each other, and to top it all off the jetway on gate 82,flt 723 inbound, oversteered again and shut down, I had to go get an airstairs truck and assist the single(1) closing CSA in getting the pax off the airplane and into the terminal. 2 UM's and an elderly man with a cane that needed to ride the elevator back upstairs, there was a manager on duty, he was made aware of the jetway problem. Did not even come out to see the problem, let alone own it. A very nice gal from AA, a manager, came over from gate 80 and assisted us in herding the pax into the terminal. All the while flt 237 was at gate 86 waiting to be parked and unloaded. So is it any surprise that the pax from 237 had to wait an hour?
I think we kicked @ss and did things as good as we could.

you know, with this new managment team that we have. i would say write his ass up to anthony mule. se what he sais . his e-mail address is [email protected]. go to the top. anthony is the vp of customer service.

Latest posts