Manila to be gone by Oct.

Article

Calls to be back on US soil by Oct. At least that should be one less issue we have to deal with at the ATO.

This is indeed great to see. The article makes it sound as if the company was doing this because they want to. However, it also points out that the CWA agreed to "temporary" outsourcing to prevent any further job losses. I am curious as to what the contract language is. I find it funny that an article from 2006 saying they can do it better with its own employees. Yet, five years later they are just now getting around to fixing it. Seems if they actually believed what they said in 2006 they would have fixed it immediately! Don't get me wrong. This is a very positive step. I do find it hard to believe they are doing it all on their own though. There must be some contract provisions there somewhere.

This still does not fix the issue of a big fat fee to speak to a human though.

Reactions: 1 person
This is indeed great to see. The article makes it sound as if the company was doing this because they want to. However, it also points out that the CWA agreed to "temporary" outsourcing to prevent any further job losses. I am curious as to what the contract language is. I find it funny that an article from 2006 saying they can do it better with its own employees. Yet, five years later they are just now getting around to fixing it. Seems if they actually believed what they said in 2006 they would have fixed it immediately! Don't get me wrong. This is a very positive step. I do find it hard to believe they are doing it all on their own though. There must be some contract provisions there somewhere.

This still does not fix the issue of a big fat fee to speak to a human though.

IIRC, there were contracts in place which had to expire before they could move all reservations back stateside.

Look at the upside: Come October, you'll get much more for your money when they charge you to speak to a human -- unless, of course, they increase the fee, or add a new "U.S. Reservation Agent 'Convenience' Surcharge." :lol:

IIRC, there were contracts in place which had to expire before they could move all reservations back stateside.

Look at the upside: Come October, you'll get much more for your money when they charge you to speak to a human -- unless, of course, they increase the fee, or add a new "U.S. Reservation Agent 'Convenience' Surcharge." :lol:

Just think of the possibilities. They could market it as "Made in the USA!"

Depending on where they send the calls you still may not be able to speak to anyone that you can understand.

The language in the contract is that only contract agents can service reservations via QIK. With this in mind the company will continue to use Manilla to service Web support.

Latest posts