March 8th, All quiet on the TWU front

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
It's March 8th, wasn't this supposed to be the deadline the Great and Powerful TWU threatened to ask for release?

It appears to be another episode of TWU bluster. Some called it the great TWU smoke snake-it hisses and makes a lot of noise and when it's time for action it releases a smoke screen to blur the facts.

The TWU has every reason in the world to push back its deadline. Our last round of negotiations were abruptly terminated by the mediator himself. How come the membership has not been informed why it was and notified that the deadline would be pushed back?

It's March 8th, wasn't this supposed to be the deadline the Great and Powerful TWU threatened to ask for release?

It appears to be another episode of TWU bluster. Some called it the great TWU smoke snake-it hisses and makes a lot of noise and when it's time for action it releases a smoke screen to blur the facts.

The TWU has every reason in the world to push back its deadline. Our last round of negotiations were abruptly terminated by the mediator himself. How come the membership has not been informed why it was and notified that the deadline would be pushed back?

Rumor has it that the TWU has a tentative agreement and is bringing it back to fleet.
We shall see how true this is shortly.

Request delayed:
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archive...ican-airli.html

Because "They" are going to save "US" from ourselves and in "THEIR" world there is no need to inform.

You surely know this now after 20+ years of "THEY" collecting dues from "US".

Because "They" are going to save "US" from ourselves and in "THEIR" world there is no need to inform.

You surely know this now after 20+ years of "THEY" collecting dues from "US".
They kept up better informed in 2001 when AMFA was breathing down their necks. Shop stewards with "i"'s on their hats and beepers on their hips. As much as they hate 11 of us on agency fee in Tulsa, I wonder what 1,000 more would accomplish?

You're here: HomeNMB TWU Mediation Update
By: AlanOn: 03/08/2010 15:30:23In: Industry News

The Transport Workers Union said it won't be asking for a release into a 30-day cooling-off period until Thursday at least.

The TWU's statement:

NMB Board Member Linda Puchala has asked the TWU and its representatives gathered in Washington today to hold off filing for release from mediation until at least March 11. An announcement had been planned for today.

The union is honoring her request.

The TWU will have further information this Thursday.

I am still waiting to hear why maint's last negotiating session was cancelled by the mediator. Does anybody have any non-speculative information on why the negotiations never happened?

I don't know what the mechanics are hearing. I am in Fleet Service and the news we are hearing from the field is that Miami is trying to outsource cabin cleaning right now and that Chicago wants to outsource cabin cleaning in September. The company wants to contract out pretty much all fueling including TULE. Most cabin cleaning and almost all the fueling would mean thousands of Fleet Service jobs. I wonder how much of this actually will happen and how much of it is scare tactics. This gives me an eerie feeling that I am in a sinking ship. It makes me doubt that American Airlines is a career worthy job. I am sure American Airlines as a company will survive but It feels to me like they are starting to bust the unions. What they want is to pay us minimum wage with no benefits while there execs pull millions in bonuses. I guess blowing out your knees, back, and shoulders over a career is worth 8 bucks an hour with no insurance and no retirement in their eyes.

Looks like the company wants to get a tentative worthless agreement before the annual PUPS are announced.

Shared sacrifice doesn't apply to those in the ivory tower Hopeful, you know that.

It's a catchy phrase coined by the wunderkind currently ruining the airline.We've gone from valuing knowledge and skill in the business to more HR centric values.Diversity, tolerance,touchy feelie,feel good crap.

Looks like the company wants to get a tentative worthless agreement before the annual PUPS are announced.
There was an article somewhere about that - it stated they aren't going to get a windfall as they have in the past.

Good - I hope all the SOBs go somewhere else.

I am still waiting to hear why maint's last negotiating session was cancelled by the mediator. Does anybody have any non-speculative information on why the negotiations never happened?

TUL union meeting : We were told the mediator canceled the Tulsa meeting, because the company did not sent people that could make decisions,even though he had asked them to do just that.

Latest posts