March DOT Report

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
The DOT report for March is out. Probably no surprise to anyone that US came in last in several categories, and only above some express carriers in the rest.

Complaints were especially high, with the DOT receiving more complaints about US than any other carrier by a pretty wide margin.

March DOT Report

Jim

The DOT report for March is out. Probably no surprise to anyone that US came in last in several categories, and only above some express carriers in the rest.

Complaints were especially high, with the DOT receiving more complaints about US than any other carrier by a pretty wide margin.

March DOT Report

Jim

Wait till the last one. That's going to be UGLY!

When you look at the total number of complaints US was actually "Beaten" by AA at 407 to 367,
For the 1st quarter - Jan thru Mar - you're right, Bob. US had the 2nd most complaints with AA the most. But for Mar only, US had the most by a pretty wide margin.

Jim

if all will notice..HP was never included in any DOT stats since day one. they were considered. well i dont know 2nd tier what ever that is with airtran frontier allegient hooters. i cant believe the amount i get and sure others on the east side get the transportation vouchers that are issued for 200.00.. 350.00 per person by the customer relations dept in PHX> and i mean tons. as US before the merger we never saw such a thing atleast not as much as we see now. US BEFORE the merger we were at the top.. and of course you are going to hear from some HP employee making 8.50 per hour who says hi im so and so..my CEO told me.. THIS IS NOT A CAREER . and im supposed to leave soon so what do i give a crap to make your exprience a nice onw. he likes to party its in the media.. why cant i.

if all will notice..HP was never included in any DOT stats since day one.
You might want to check your "facts" before you say something that'll just embarrass yourself.

HP was included in the DOT stats until 1-1-2006. Due to the merger, DOT has combined the HP and US stats since then.

"* Effective January 2006, data of the merged operations of US Airways and America West Airlines are combined, and appear only as US or US Airways data in the flight delay tables."

You're more than welcome to check the older DOT stats if you doubt my facts.....

Jim

Hmm....I wonder how much longer the BOD is going to have faith in the Skipper & Gilligan?
More evidence that although Parker and Kirby might be good deal makers and revenue seekers....they are inept in operating an airline larger than the former America West.

From this morning's USA Today

A snip....

In a bad March for the industry generally, US Airways registered the worst performance for the month among large airlines, U.S. Department of Transportation numbers out Monday show.

Tempe, Ariz.-based US Airways ran just 56% of flights on time in March, vs. 73% for the industry as a whole. Among the major carriers, US Airways also had the worst baggage mishandling rate and the highest rate of complaints from passengers.

Looking at the numbers in the sidebar of the article, it appears that US was the King of PAWOB. (Hope our Prince enjoys the pun here. :D )

Well look at the the 17Mar snowstorm, the stupidity with te cutover not to mention our 3rd rate Express operators using both as ab excuse NOT to operate flights. Come to think of it, PSA does not need an excuse, their name stands for PATHETHIX, SAD, AIRLINE.

The US Airways shuttle from Reagan Washington National Airport to New York LaGuardia Airport was late 100% of the time in March.

sky high states: That's surprising. Thought the shuttle operation ran like, clock-work. What happened?

only stating opinions

Latest posts