Marketing Question

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
I was cleaning out some airline memorabilia for a sale and ran across some old ticket jackets from when USAir was the "Official Airline of Universal Studios Florida and Hollywood" with "Jaws", "Woody Woodpecker", "King Kong" and "Fievel" on the cover.
I was wondering if America West is associated with anyone in this fashion? I know Alaska has "Disneyland" planes flying, but didnt think that any of the America West theme planes was anything other than state planes or sport teams.
Was wondering if some type of tie up and marketing deal for the new carrier might be something of a possibility. Since more people than ever are flying, and we are in the travel business, wouldnt it be worthwhile to get some kind of arrangement (I guess it depends on the $ requirement from both parties) going with some tourist places? I would think a Universal plane or Busch Gardens plane, Nascar plane, etc, would be something to get people talking. I know you dont want too many logo planes flying around, but out of 300 planes I wouldnt think a couple more (other than the required Star Alliance) planes would hurt and you'd have some great possibility on marketing tie ins.
The only "logo" planes I could find were
Az Diamondbacks, Arizona City of Tucson, Ohio, Az Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, and 2 Teamwork planes.

tadjr said:
The only "logo" planes I could find were
Az Diamondbacks, Arizona City of Tucson, Ohio, Az Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, and 2 Teamwork planes.
[post="282508"][/post]​

The Phoenix Suns 757 (aka Barney the Purple Dinosaur) was repainted to regular livery as we are no longer the official carrier. There was a 737-100 in Suns livery that went to the boneyard several years back. There is only one Teamwork plane. That is N902AW. It was originally a child's drawing of airline and airport people holding hands. The CEO preceding Doug Parker, Bill Franke, was rumored to have a dislike for the scheme. It was silly and when the fwd bin door was open, it appeared that a little girl was pulling up her skirt. Whatever. There is now a teamwork plane showing landmarks from across the US. There is a flag over the World Trade Center.

AWA was the official sponsor of the Columbus Bluejackets and Columbus Crew. Not sure if they are, anymore. A remote control Airbus flew around the stadium at the Bluejackets games. On its first night, it lost control and flew into the audience where drunken hockey fans punched it in the nose until it resumed its original course. One wag remarked that it worked pretty much like America West. :eek:

barbeetantrums said:
On its first night, it lost control and flew into the audience where drunken hockey fans punched it in the nose until it resumed its original course.
[post="282549"][/post]​

LMFAO!!!!!!I don;t know why but envisioning that had me in fits of laughter.