McCain Suspends His Campaign

Republican presidential candidate John McCain announced Wednesday that he is suspending his campaign to return to Washington and focus on the "historic" crisis facing the U.S. economy.

The Arizona senator called on his Democratic rival, Barack Obama, to do the same.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/cam...wrap/index.html

Go, John, go! Way to capitalize on a horrible situation. Real class. If he were so concerned, he would have voted on any number of related issues over the past two weeks but he has been more concerned with not showing a stance. This charade is disgusting. :down:

Republican presidential candidate John McCain announced Wednesday that he is suspending his campaign to return to Washington and focus on the "historic" crisis facing the U.S. economy.

The Arizona senator called on his Democratic rival, Barack Obama, to do the same.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/cam...wrap/index.html

Nice. Ironically, suspending his campaign is campaigning in of itself. Very clever. He is hoping, rightfully, that by suspending his campaign, it will actually help him in the polls. I think it might. Kudos to McCain... hopefully he gets some stuff done while he is guerrilla campaigning suspending his campaign.

I want to give all Praise to the Lord that SOMEONE realizes how stupid it is to be campaigning in an election you've already won when there are so many more pressing issues.

How much you want to bet Obama does the same thing?

Ahhhh Nope. He said he would not suspend his campaign nor does he favor delaying the debates. He said something about being able to do more than one thing at a time or some such nonsense.

Speaking of McCain, why would McCain bother going to DC? He has already admitted that he his limited knowledge of the economy. Maybe he thinks he can learn something by going back. Good for John. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

I want to give all Praise to the Lord that SOMEONE realizes how stupid it is to be campaigning in an election you've already won when there are so many more pressing issues.

I will bet your next lexus tank full that Obama does no such thing.

I thought God/Jesus/Lord/(insert deity here), already had it all worked out for you?

It should make no difference that your chosen woman and non-black candidate do anything, since God has chosen them for you.

Please let me know when your God (she/he) plans to come visit me and change my vote. I will bake a cake...

Go, John, go! Way to capitalize on a horrible situation. Real class. If he were so concerned, he would have voted on any number of related issues over the past two weeks but he has been more concerned with not showing a stance. This charade is disgusting. :down:
Oddly enough, when Obama spoke on the events in Boulder, McCain called him a "political opportunist".

A deal will be worked on, but it will NOT include all 535 senators and congressmen. Their participation will come when it's time to vote. What can 2 more senators do during all these talks?

If nothing else, they can go to give their input and ideas all day Thursday and into Friday, go to the debate Friday afternoon, then back to DC on Saturday if needed.

With God, all things are possible, including overcoming evil.
Yes BUT---until Armageddon plan on evil having the upper hand with you and I and everyone
breathing going along on that scary ride..."In this world you will have troubles"...COUNT ON IT.

I drive a Mercedes-Benz GL550.

Isn't vanity one of the 7 sins or some such nonsense? Who cares that you drive a overpriced POS MB. All it prooves is you know how to flush money down the drain.

Good. The man is truly a hero to throw the election!

You would think the VP would pick up in his absence wouldn't you?

Yes, he's grandstanding for sure. Picks a VP purely for "shock value" ( and to change the subject ) then this opportunistic BS to cash in on a ( non ) crisis? Schmuck.

Not a red cent to this scam. How about a little ( no, how about a LOT ) of "creative destruction" and "retraining" for these same plutocratic scum that heretofore prescribed to the merely mortal masses during their own loss of careers. ( Rubs hands with glee )

Yes...how idiotic to be trying to fill the position of President of the United States that becomes vacant in January. It is like playing a little league game in the middle of a hurricane...completely pointless.

Let's disect a little further, shall we? The date that McCain just so happens to want to reschedule the debate for is the exact date of the VP debate. If your "I love Palin" candidate can't even debate and they need to protect her, and she obviously can't fill in for McCain while he returns to Washington, how does that speak for her abilities to 'lead'? Since she can't do anything about the global economy as Gov of AK, she could most certainly better serve her country by filling in for McCain on the trail.