Mci Begins To Learn The Term Attrition

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Memo Reveals American Will Likely Cut KC Jobs
City Councilor Concerned Airline Not Keeping Agreement

POSTED: 6:32 PM CST January 14, 2004
UPDATED: 7:51 AM CST January 15, 2004

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- An internal American Airlines memo leaked to KMBC reveals the airline plans to not only accelerate changes at its Kansas City overhaul base, but also to get rid of one part of the operation -- meaning more workers at the base will probably lose their jobs, the station reported.

Memo Reveals American Airlines Will Likely Cut KC Jobs

City Council member John Fairfield had not heard about the changes when KMBC's Maria Antonia showed him the memo.

Fairfield, who helped iron-out a deal between the airline and the city, said he would be "very disappointed" if the move caused job losses.

"We did work very hard, and the intent was to try to maintain these jobs, at least for the near term," he said.

But the internal memo revealed a consolidation plan that would get rid of the local warehouse by August of this year. The memo read, "Unfortunately, adversely affects employees needed to maintain the MCI parts warehouse."

The exact number of workers affected by the move has yet to be determined, Antonia reported.

Local employees said about 205 stock clerks work at the warehouse.

City Councilor Bill Skaggs said he was surprised by the news, and that he was under the impression that the workforce would remain intact for at least two years. Skaggs said he is concerned the company is not keeping its verbal agreement.

"We realized some jobs would be lost through attrition, but we thought if anything, that's what would occur," he said.

The memo also said that work on 737 jets will soon move to the carriers' Tulsa plant -- which American confirmed in an announcement Tuesday. Local crews will instead work on MD-80 planes, and no job losses are expected except for those through normal attrition.

Fairfield said that the unexpected changes have him concerned about a lease agreement that is still in the works.

"If there's some indication that there are some things of concern, we might have to think about what else might need to go into that lease. I don't know," he said.

At the same time, the airline is still trying to land more maintenance work for the 2,000 people who work at the Kansas City overhaul base, Antonia reported.

FROM THE AMERICAN AIRLINES DICTIONARY,

ATTRITION:Wipe out,Flush down toilet,Layoff,Get rid of,Eliminate, with TWU's stamp of approval

MCI was warned. I bet they are listening now. Just goes to show: concessions for jobs does not work!!! You would figure the former TWA people would know this.

Will the mighty twu put a stop to this??? They would exspect AMFA to stop it!!!! Here would be the twu spin on it: "AMFA lets MCI jobs go away!!!!" I guess its a different standard for AMFA. When the parts leave, the work is not far behind. Have we seen this before? Enjoy the ride MCI, I wish you the best. :unsure:

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:

ATTRITION:Wipe out,Flush down toilet,Layoff,Get rid of,Eliminate, with TWU's stamp of approval
So what would AMFA have proposed? Come up with ideas and suggestions.

j7915 said:

To some of us common folk j7915, attrition would mean when someone gets laid off they will not be replaced!!!!

Rusty said:
j7915 said:

To some of us common folk j7915, attrition would mean when someone gets laid off they will not be replaced!!!!
ooops, lol I meant when someone retires they will not be replaced. :D

How can they do that????
They promissed they wouldn't!!!!

"It is understood that nothing in this article requires the maintenance of the present volume of work."

THATS HOW!!!
:down: :down:

Anything to sat CIO, Steve et al.???

This is old news and was reported out a couple of weeks ago, The 737 work is moving to Tulsa, warehouse is shrinking and MCI will be getting md 80 conversion, to put back in service. AA is also looking at going after 3rd party Maintenance.

I hear NW, Uninted and Alaska are looking for vendors.

Checking it Out said:
This is old news and was reported out a couple of weeks ago, The 737 work is moving to Tulsa, warehouse is shrinking and MCI will be getting md 80 conversion, to put back in service. AA is also looking at going after 3rd party Maintenance.

AA has been looking at going after third party mainatance ever since I have been here CIO. I don't think that lame duck will fly but, it would be nice and I hope we can get some of that work for our AMFA brothers/sisters in 2004 as the TWU will be gone.

Checking it Out said:

I hear NW, Uninted and Alaska are looking for vendors

CIO.........Maybe we, at MCI, will be doing third party work, What will AMFA do?
Its almost poetic justice

MCI AFL-CIO said:
Checking it Out said:

I hear NW, Uninted and Alaska are looking for vendors

CIO.........Maybe we, at MCI, will be doing third party work, What will AMFA do?
Its almost poetic justice

Hey MCI afl-cio, that does sound about right that the TWU leaders would advocate doing other airlines work when there is laid off members at that airline.

Your point does give another very good reason why we need to align along Craft and Class lines. :up:

Does AMFA have no shame?

UAL Mechanics may see dues reduction and refund

From, the-mechanic.com

Received: 01/21/04 22:40:25 EST
Name: Jim W.
E-Mail:
Employer:
TM - I sent you an email to upload the 25 dollar dues cap that everyones upset about.

Hope it works for you.
Yes, I received the file, thank you. I will post it tonight.
BTW, the only persons 'upset' are industrial union cult members anxious to create adversity, and divert attention from their Flag desecration stunt, and the fact that they were again caught lying about Brian Connors. This particular rubbish surfaces about every 12 months, or whenever an AMFA filing is imminent. The flyer was written for UAL in 1994, (note that Bill Sturm was then Assistant National Director) and any claim that a $25 dues rate was promoted at NWA, SWA, UAL, Horizon, or ATA is deliberate deceit spewed by desperate scam artists. - TM

TM even admits it was promoted at UAL

You decide

http://www.the-mechanic.com/graphics/amfa/.../AMFAduesbs.jpg

http://www.the-mechanic.com/graphics/amfa/...AMFAduesbs2.jpg

Latest posts