Mda Is On Track According To Labor Relations Mgmt.

Hawk

Sep 28, 2003
Feedback from our 10/8/03 monthly meeting with management: We received a more positive message at our 10/8/03 monthly meeting with management than the one we received at last month's meeting.

Now, management is assuring us that MDA is on track, it will roll out first quarter of 2004, that there are no unforeseen obstacles to launching MDA, and plans for the route structure are being worked out.

Importantly, management agreed to a November date to resume our discussions on implementation of the passenger service MDA agreement. CWA'ers gave management a discussion paper outlining ideas for filling MDA vacancies in start-up situations.

Source: CWA.NET

Gee-wiz...where can I sign up to get 23k a year, (or less) under a suto "american eagle" crappy contract. :lol: This is got to be the only industry that the longer you've been it ...the less your paid, expreience does'nt count here. :down:

86 Pop:

Precisely. Which is why I fail to understand why ANYONE that is furloughed from this company would consider for one second signing on with MDA. Can someone please answer that question for me? Please?

mr

Mr Planes.... Sure I'll answer your question....

Where else are we supposed to get a F/A job????? I have applied to express (CHQ,PSA,MESA) and other Airlines ....GEE....No one is hiring at this time!!! So, you tell me what else are we supposed to do !!! Gee, Maybe we can just continue collecting unemployment checks or go Wait Tables !!!!

I know people waiting tables that make a whole lot more than $23k/yr. Plus, they actually get a real life, with real vacations, time off on holidays, and get to be home with their families. It doesn't sound like such a tough choice to me!

Hey Oldie,

I waited tables before... I don't ever want to do that again... Vacations...yeah after how many years...Holidays...I remember working long hours on Holidays... Oh and 23k was the top amount of Money they probably topped out at...Even with Really good Tips !!!

Some of us took this job to travel.... A LOT... Not one big vacation every couple of years.

If that's all you have for job skills, then you are totally at their mercy. I would suggest that you learn another skill. I've been in this business for 20+ years, and it's getting worse and worse. Nonreving anywhere is a nightmare, even if it is free. You must be one of those folks that are here for the "glamour" :blink: When you're middle aged, with nothing but this crummy job( t's getting almost impossible to have any kind of a "normal" life), you'll understand what I mean!

Colby,
I believe I read on another post that you would be making approximately $17 an hour at MAA. Flying 80 hours a month that equals approximately $1300 a month. After the basics, (food, shelther, utilities, car, taxes, insurance) where and how do you plan on traveling a lot? The way I figure, MAA flight attendants will be in good shape if they can afford to buy gas for their cars.

If folks on MAA want medical coverage, its high contributions for those wages. This is when medical health services become unaffordable. So I suggest you keep away from sick people, eat well, sleep, well, exercise, and stay healthy, otherwise health care services is where your income will be absorbed.

I am all for loving what you do, as long as at the very least, the job you love can sustain you, without having to live with at least 6 room mates your entire career.

Success to all who accept this job, and AFA will be there. Make it successful, and, come 2009, will be the time where improvements will be demanded. And we will come out real strong!

USA MEC will have to make sure the Permanent Defense Fund incudes MAA. If not, another Agenda Item will be written to include MAA f/as.

Oldie, I have other job skills....Gee 8 years of being a Travel Agent...Look where they're at now!! Gee, seems to me you with your 20 years would be the one that only has a skill as a Flight Attendant !! The Middle Aged Flight Attendants are the ones that seem to be doing all the Whining....Let's just say I'm NOT A TWENTY something year old...I have had quite a life and so far the F/A job is the one that is my NICHE...Guess maybe it has something to do with my Dad being a Pilot when I was growing up !!

MLT... As for your Math...Remember to add in the Perdium, that usually helps out a paycheck and For your info.... I am living pretty comfortably right now on only 932.00 per month... :shock: unlike some people I'm not a "Needy" person !! Oh yeah and that would be with only 1 roommate...Amazing what you can do when you need to !!! Gee... Guess it helps when you Don't try to portray the "Glamouros Flight Attendant" I'm perfectly happy with Cover Girl...Don't need to wear MAC !!

Colby:

Thank you for your answer. It confirms my thoughts on the subject as it relates to both flight attendants and pilots. These two groups love the flying so much they are willing to work for slave labor wages and similar working conditions to stay in the industry. Regardless of their other job skills. Travel agent? If you can do that job, and with your obvious people skills (they wouldn't have hired you as a flight attendant if you didn't have some) you could make substantially more money outside this industry in, say, sales or other related field. But you wouldn't have the travel privileges or he "aura" of working in the airline business. I respect your right to your choice but it is imperative that you, and all others who choose to work under these conditions, understand they (Seigel and his minions) get away with it because they know you will come to work for them. Supply and demand is not a hypothesis. It is a fact.

Pilot's included. Each has a college degree. Each has skills that can translate into other jobs outside this industry. But they come to Ornstien and Seigel and take his flying jobs because that is what they love. More than they should. And the wages go down. And the work rules go out the window. And our standard of living falls. Orenstien thinks he is still overpaying his pilots. And he says that because he has pilots standing in line to fill his open jobs. And he is correct.

The problem is us. Until we tell them to take their jobs and shove them they will continue. Good luck to all who choose to work for MDA or Mesa. I respect your abilities as professionals but I think your decision making skills as they relate to taking a JOB need some work. You are better than what they are offering. Much better.

mr

I agree mrplanes, but it's not just airline F/A and pilots that have 'aviation delusion.' In the G/A part of the industry, folks just can't stand NOT to engage in rediculous business plans. I keep thinking that the romance will wear off, but jeez, it's 2003!

And honestly, I know pilots that might have liked some aspects of the job, but also, tired of the routine and the hotel rooms. Actually, some get used to the schedule.

Latest posts