Mda Vs. Song/jetblue/swa And The Likes...

ACrazy8

Advanced
Aug 7, 2003
A Song in Soho:Delta keeps telling us that its Song discount carrier is not simply an imitation of rival JetBlue. To compete, Delta has outfitted Song with video games, MP3 playlists and extra legroom. But the latest gimmick is really over the top. Song will open a store location in Soho for six weeks, beginning Friday. What will an airline store have? The New York Times (free registration) says it will show off airline seats, X-Box game systems, and airplane windows stocked with retail items from Kate Spade —who is designing uniforms for the flight attendants. Customers can also make flight reservations at the store. And, if you can get tickets, don't miss out on the store's opening gala. Song says Grace Jones will DJ the event, with the guest list expected to include Moby and Drew Barrymore. Perhaps not coincidentally, New York is the hometown of JetBlue — Song's main foe.

I know...I know. MDA is our answer to DAL's Comair and MetroJet didn't work for us either. However, we need to get people "Interested in USAIR". We have ZERO PR!!! Everyone is on line today. WE need leadership.....we need to identify who we are. Trendy or not...people search the WEB for companies they can identify with. Target/GAP.....ETC. We need to become....popular....and yes focus on our fare structure. We need a marketing department.....

MidAtlantic is more in the vein of Comair than Song. We will just be flying smaller (not by much) aircraft to the same old places, still charging the same, but paying employees peasant wages to keep turnover high. It will be a whole new franchise to add to the plethora of Express carriers so everyone can remain seperate enough to not fight back, and so the whipsawing can continue.

They are continuing to degrade the "mainline" product into service akin to a ride on a school bus while our low fare competitors add amenities such as IFE and food. They've laid off the junior half of the airline, keeping only the higher paid seniors and trying to make thier life so miserable that they'll leave.

This is how we will "compete."

As for celebrity endorsers, who would back US?

Here's an idea: Christina Alguilera. She's a hometown PIT girl with really bad fashion sense- perfect to strap on a tie tab and 80's uniform. She can perform her hit "Dirrty", as it applies to our aircraft. :rolleyes:

I'm being sarcastic of course... Crazy8, I think you and I have more of a clue how to market this airline than they do.

Light Years said:
As for celebrity endorsers, who would back US?

Here's an idea: Christina Alguilera. She's a hometown PIT girl with really bad fashion sense- perfect to strap on a tie tab and 80's uniform. She can perform her hit "Dirrty", as it applies to our aircraft. :rolleyes:

I'm being sarcastic of course... Crazy8, I think you and I have more of a clue how to market this airline than they do.
That was a good one. it made me laugh!! :)

:up: RIGHT ON LIGHT YEARS!!!! YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST POSTERS ON THIS BOARD!!
They need to bring back those old commericals with the young boy and his dad, the ones with "US Air Begins with You" That was probably the best marketing this company ever invested in.