MDA

exflygirl

Nov 30, 2005
I resigned from MDA about 8 weeks ago and I have been waiting for my vacation pay. I finally received it today and find out there were more deductions taken out...

I am so glad that I have moved on from MDA but it still makes me angry that the payroll department still cannot get the accounting correct. They shorted me 6 days that they had already deducted from October 31 and STILL took out $10.00 for uniform expense when they just reimbursed me for taking it out when they were not supposed to in the first place. What are they doing in the payroll department at MDA?

I sure hope those of you that are still with the company are considering GETTING OUT. I like to think of it as jumping out with a parachute before you get pushed out without any protection. Do you really think the company will pay you the extra money they promised so you would stay? And as for those of you re-locating back to PHL since it will be the only base effective Feb 06, do you really think you will get reimbursed for relocation expenses. It took over 6 months the first time and by the time you file for the expense there wont be 6 months left and who will you get the money from?

Just wanted my co-workers to realize that the worst is yet to come when they do resign or get furloughed...

I resigned from MDA about 8 weeks ago and I have been waiting for my vacation pay. I finally received it today and find out there were more deductions taken out...

I am so glad that I have moved on from MDA but it still makes me angry that the payroll department still cannot get the accounting correct. They shorted me 6 days that they had already deducted from October 31 and STILL took out $10.00 for uniform expense when they just reimbursed me for taking it out when they were not supposed to in the first place. What are they doing in the payroll department at MDA?

I sure hope those of you that are still with the company are considering GETTING OUT. I like to think of it as jumping out with a parachute before you get pushed out without any protection. Do you really think the company will pay you the extra money they promised so you would stay? And as for those of you re-locating back to PHL since it will be the only base effective Feb 06, do you really think you will get reimbursed for relocation expenses. It took over 6 months the first time and by the time you file for the expense there wont be 6 months left and who will you get the money from?

Just wanted my co-workers to realize that the worst is yet to come when they do resign or get furloughed...

When I was furloughed from mainline I was shorted several thousand dollars (ALPO's answer was to grieve it). It was a top priority for them <_<

I cannot even begin to imagine all the abuses coming at you from your union (what a joke)and the company at MDA or any of the other J4J crash landings. Best of luck to you now that you are free to discover life on the outside. You will find it is quite refreshing.

Cheers,
Phoenix

USAirways MEC:Where you to could have been hired in 1989 and find yourself flying co-pilot to a 1999 hire at MDA. Its beyond a bad joke.....

USAirways MEC:Where you to could have been hired in 1989 and find yourself flying co-pilot to a 1999 hire at MDA. Its beyond a bad joke.....
Absolute travesty on how the people at MDA have been treated by the Company and Unions alike.

Absolute travesty on how the people at MDA have been treated by the Company and Unions alike.

Yeah it is amazing and the craziest of all is that some people don't even know what MDA is or "was" , it makes my stomach turn to think of all those people losing their jobs and not being included in the merger, being paid on C scale and just being treated like trash,,,, IT DISGUSTS ME!!! The AFA should be judged as well as the company for letting this sh*t happen!!!

Yeah it is amazing and the craziest of all is that some people don't even know what MDA is or "was" , it makes my stomach turn to think of all those people losing their jobs and not being included in the merger, being paid on C scale and just being treated like trash,,,, IT DISGUSTS ME!!! The AFA should be judged as well as the company for letting this sh*t happen!!!
How very TRUE! Many of the mainline employees were CLUELESS when it came to the MDA operation and when the troubles began looked the OTHER way (afterall it is so easy to act like it isn't your battle). My heart goes out to ALL the folks at MDA who made it a real class operation- one of the shiniest stars in the former East. As the sun sets on the MDA issue.....keep you heads up,You did what was asked of you and did it well!

What Astroturf said! From what little I know about the MDA employees, they are a class act. I am outraged by the way they were used and just blithely discarded. Every airline employee should be as well.

exflygirl, have you guys considered getting a lawyer? Many law offices take some cases pro bono. This seems like a good case to me.

Also, check with the AFA International office for a list of lawyers who are "Union Privilege" providers. Frankly, I think that as a sign of good faith, AFA should provide the lawyers and pay for them. I'd much rather my share of dues that go to the worthless AFL-CIO go to take care of you guys.

My God, what corporate America gets away with in this country is atrocious. :angry:

Dea

Good luck to all who have moved away from all the stealing theives of U management. I quit, got nothing except a half thank you attached with 'don't forget to turn in your stuff if you want your final check' and am quite happy working for someone who values your existence.

Jerry Glass screwed me once but not anymore. I see where he is so valuable he even gets a second chance to dish out the pain again. I guess the money was so good the first time, they seem to come back for second helpings. Reminds me of former U guys at Seabury Group double dipping during the bankruptcy.

Today's Corporate America exsits to extract as much money for themselves and their buddies, and since they are not smart enough to earn it themselves, they have to turn to their workforce and those they do business with to pad their pockets. I'll bet management didn't get stock options at a strike price in the $30's. Check out how much Republic's CEO is cashing in on.

U is a cancer, and must be removed from the body to return your health. Best operation I've ever had! As far as MDA employees, do yourself a favor and cut bait, you deserve better! I agree, all a class act and someone else can use your professionalism and commitment to a job well done!

exflygirl,

SSO (Shared Services Organization)

They have been AND will continue to screw up MDA, PSA, and PDT's payroll for years to come.