ME3 vs US3

I'm happy that Doug Parker and Smisek are both speaking out on the issue; I said all along this is not a DL-EK issue

It is an ME3 vs US3 issue (really EU3 as well)

but the article, unless I missed it, says nothing about what Parker has said.

Picking favorites in a conversation means nothing if you can't remember what they actually said.

as much as some people want to admit it, Anderson just might have lobbed the comment about 9/11 into the argument to get enough extra press out of it.

If so, it worked. If that wasn't his intention, it still worked.

Anderson is a lawyer... he knows how to argue.

That isn't to say that Parker can't argue the point... but it is more significant that Anderson is speaking and his comments are being picked up by the media.

It would be great if the same thing happen with Parker and Smisek's comments.

let me know when that happens.

Yes you are unable to read when it suggests someone other than DL is better positioned to do something - it specifically says Parker should be the spokesman for the group as it states he is the best out of the 3 to speak - as the article points out one person already created an international issue with their approach

Reactions: 3 people
and you can't accept that perhaps Anderson might have intentionally escalated the discussion in order to get press... where has anything that Parker has said on the subject gotten headlines in multiple places in the press?

Anderson is publicly communicating on the issue while Parker and Smisek are not.

Reactions: 1 person
ACCURATE translation: Anderson succeeded at getting the topic discussed in a number of major media outlets... tell me what Parker has said on the issue that has done the same

Nope. Anderson succeeded at looking like a tool while Parker successfully planned another keg party.

BTW:  so given the immense threat DL faces from the ME3 as well as the assault from on the ATL hub from LCCs, the prospect of losing inn N. TX, the possibility of having to surrender the HND slot, being a also-ran in the transcon market to having to face the reality that fellow skyteam member AF/KL become a niche carrier in Europe and the piling up fuel hedging + oil refinery operating losses - just to name a few challenges - it certainly looks like DL has strategically painted itself into a tough spot in early 2015.

Reactions: 5 people
yes, Parker got drunk again.

and you have yet to show us anything where Parker or Smisek have succeeded in getting press on the subject anywhere close to what Anderson did.

btw, what is happening with that HND slot? if AA's win was such a slam dunk, why hasn't the slot been reallocated?

also ran in the transcons? I don't think so if you are talking about DL who is the number one carrier in the JFK transcon market.

AA in JFKSFO, however is indeed an also ran. IN terms of seats, last place out of the whole lot.

keep spewing..... if AA were in such a great shape or DL were so bad off, the earnings estimates would show it.

they don't. and Wall Street analysts are saying that AA will be experiencing the same revenue weakness in 2015 hat I have talked about for years that would occur.

so glad they finally caught up with me.

Thanks for the screen shot, Slander on the internet can be costly.

Parker is the CEO of the largest airline, you are an former DL employee who wishes he didnt take the money and run.

Reactions: 4 people
Hook, line, and sinker.

WorldTraveler said:
and you have yet to show us anything where  ...................

btw, what is happening with that HND slot? if AA's win was ...................

also ran in the transcons? I don't think so ..............................

if AA were in such a great shape or DL were so bad off ........................

... and Wall Street analysts are saying that ...................................

nelson_haha_white_400x300.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Nope. Anderson succeeded at looking like a tool while Parker successfully planned another keg party.
I didn't bring up key parties.

be sure you haul all of the screenshots into court.

btw, thanks for confirming that you, just like Laura Glading, are in bed with Parker.

If he needed to defend himself, I'm sure he could do it all by himself.

if labor and AA execs were half as interested in making sure they took care of AA labor as they are in defending each other, AA people would be very well paid.

for now, you have simply confirmed that AA execs and their unions are way too close to do any good for labor - and AA employees pay for it.