Mec Meeting To Recall Teddy

abonny

Jul 28, 2003
ALERT ALL U Flight Attendants: Just received the following!

Dear Fellow Flight Attendants,

On August 2, without warning, Alin Boswell, LEC President DCA-41, Laura Albert, LEC President PHL-70 and Mike Flores, LEC President CLT-89, called for a “Special MEC Meetingâ€￾ rescheduled now for Friday August 5, 2005, to recall our MEC President, Teddy Xidas.

This financially irresponsible and senseless act is without cause or justification.

Laura, Mike and Alin purposefully, calculatingly and covertly devised both the timing and location of this meeting. They are well aware that Teddy cannot be in attendance to defend her self from their attack. She will be representing the US Airways FA’s at a previously scheduled meeting. They are also well aware that this location will make it extremely difficult and costly for members to attend, in particular, PIT FA’s. There will be no witnesses to this abuse of power and that is exactly what they intended regardless of what excuse they will give. In this electronic age there is no valid reason to waste precious union dollars by having a meeting in DCA when having one in PIT has proven to save thousands.

While the other unions on the property are focused on the merger, protecting seniority and improving their contracts, Mike (CLT), Laura (PHL) and Alin (DCA) will be busy dividing the MEC and flexing their BIG VOTE muscle in order to push through their own personal and political agendas.

There will be approximately 5,228 roll call votes in play at Friday’s recall meeting. These votes represent the number of US Airways FA’s in good standing. PHL, CLT & DCA control approximately 4,182 of those votes. Laura, Alin and Mike, who together have less than 1 & half years experience as LEC P’s between them, will easily determine the fate of 100% of the US Airways Flight Attendants, yet the combination of the votes that elected them is less than 13% of the membership! Mike (CLT) elected with 328 votes; Alin (DCA) elected with 74 votes & Laura (PHL) elected with only 267 votes but who now has control of approximately 2,110 PHL FA votes. A whopping total of 669 out of an approx. 5,228!

Teddy has been the MEC President for the last 7 months but in that short period of time, she has been more accessible, more outspoken, more visible, more successful and more effective than any other. You may or may not always agree with her or her methods but one thing is for sure, Teddy gets results!

Teddy has earned the right to end her term in a timely, dignified manner.

It will be a total embarrassment for the US Airways FA's to have our MECP recalled at this time especially since her term will be completed in less than 5-months anyway (December 05). Let there be no doubt, this senseless act will make the US Airways FA's the butt of jokes from Coast to Coast (Crystal City to Phoenix).
This is OUR Union...We need to Protect what is still good about it. Teddy fights 24/7 for us now it is time for us to give her a little support in return!

Call or Fax your LECP TODAY! Tell them to cast YOUR vote AGAINST the recall!

Include both your name and payroll number

Council 41 DCA: 703-212-8090 (office); 703-690-9350 (fax)

Council 70 PHL: 215-492-0840 (office); 215-492-0842 (fax)

Council 89 CLT: 704-527-0325 (office); 704-527-5040 (fax)

Is this serious? Talk about cutting off your own nose...

If I could pick anyone to represent me as a F/A it would be Teddy. I think other work groups only wish they had her. You might not always agree with her or her methods, but she's incredibly intelligent and ferocious in defending the dignity of the F/As on the US property. She has worked tirelessly and mostly thanklessly for the F/As for years.

There are all sorts of personal agendas here and US Airways F/As do not need people's egos interfering at such an important time. The same is going on at MAA with union folks taking thier eye off the ball and instead using thier "power" for thier social agenda in regards to people they don't like.

Also, everyone please pay close attention to the numbers above of votes each of these LECs recieved. It shows a huge lack of interest on the F/As part, so maybe they deserve what they get.

Piney,

My scorce tells me that Mike Flores, the CLT LECP, wants her seat and is not gentleman enough to wait for it.

If successful, this would fulfill another of his lofty goals by automatically putting him on the negotiating committee. Mike opposed Teddy’s election. He stated that one of his reasons was that he could not support anyone who would hold both a local (LEC) and MEC office at the same time. Now he is speaking out of the OTHER SIDE of his mouth as he has stated that if elected, he intends to retain his CLT Presidency (“At least for a while.â€￾) AND I am told he also has a seat on the BOD Finance Committee! Talk about too many irons in the fire!

Mike may write a good letter but the solutions he writes about are mainly pursued by, fought for and won by Teddy Xidas! Regardless of what others may say or want you to believe, it is Teddy who goes to battle for us day in and day out often taking on all of Crystal City all by herself in the process! Mike, has one-year in office under his belt and will NEVER be able to fill her shoes. Funny thing, he recently told a friend of mine that ‘This is no time to have to mentor someone’, he is correct and that includes mentoring him!

I understand he will try to push through the election in just 15-days (Constitution allows for 60). This will not give anyone, but the "regulars" much of a chance.

I hope his talent equals his ego because his timing s--ks!

This has got to be some sort of record! The newly elected PHL LEC, Laura Albert, and the newly elected DCA LEC, Alin Boswell, only in office a month and already recalling an MEC President! WOW! Their Flight Attendants should be very proud!

Isn't there any other issues they could get busy with?

This is just so sad and senseless that it hurts.

Hawk said:
Teddy should know by now "what goes around comes around." :up:
[post="285632"][/post]​

Yeah. Kind of like sleeping with the help, only Teddy has not done anything nearly as unethical.

Enjoy the curry. Take a few pilot's wives. It's all good.

I guess it's better to have vindictive union LECPs out to get one than bitter husbands (who also happen to subordinate). Word out of PHX is that it was the behavior, and not lack of position that's leading some abroad (so to speak).

God bless Teddy Xidas! These folks are either fools are con artists that want to remove the best part of the AFA. Only people like Hawk and the other management groupies want her gone.

MAABoss said:
What a HUGE mistake.
[post="285648"][/post]​

Yes, but the flight attendants can stop this madness if they would only engage. This is what happens when you don't know who you are voting for.

Management would love to see Teddy out of office. Anyone who has paid attention knows that the newly elected PHL LEC President, Laura Albert, is more management than labor. She's applied for Supervisor jobs, but was turned down due to cut backs. Now she is representing the very same FA's she was willing to discipline has there been a Supervisor opening.

Talk about a conflict of interest!

Laura openly brags about her "Very Close" friendship with the useless and over paid Ms. Groff, VP of in-flight.

Believe it Philly, you just put a management "Mole" inside the AFA MEC and she holds the LARGEST vote! Now we are going to lose our MEC President because of it.

Philly, You can correct this mistake. Get an AFA Constitution and By Laws, demand a local meeting and put Laura's recall on the agenda!

This is a sad day for ALL of labor!

ClueByFour said:
Yeah. Kind of like sleeping with the help, only Teddy has not done anything nearly as unethical.

Enjoy the curry. Take a few pilot's wives. It's all good.

I guess it's better to have vindictive union LECPs out to get one than bitter husbands (who also happen to subordinate). Word out of PHX is that it was the behavior, and not lack of position that's leading some abroad (so to speak).
[post="285646"][/post]​

Yeah. Old "Brucey" will have to get used playing hide the salami in a sari.