Mechanic arrested for attempted sabotage of an airplane

Yea yea, the dumb ass stuck a freaking peanut in a pitot, tube, he'll go to jail and the BS will continue. Besides that, the right wingers are already noticing the guys name and attaching some significance to that.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to minimize what this goof ball did. But, everyone knows you dont jack with airplanes and risk lives. The crap the union and the company are doing is a side show to the reality, which is safety, putting people in the sky and getting them all back on the ground without incident, and not getting hurt in the process.

It would be ironic if the powers that be use this as a catalyst to get this **** show over and the dumb ass rots in jail.

Google Birgenair flight 301 a 757 flight out of the Dominican Republic, after reading about it you could conceivably charge this piece of human debris with attempted murder! This S.O.B. needs to be locked up for life.

Yea yea, the dumb ass stuck a freaking peanut in a pitot, tube, he'll go to jail and the BS will continue. Besides that, the right wingers are already noticing the guys name and attaching some significance to that.
Why do have to bring politics into a potentially life-threatening issue?

I must have missed his name. Was it Joe Smith or something?

Reactions: 787nightmare

I say leave him locked up. He already admitted doing it, completely confessed. Is is facing 20 years if not more if and when more charges get added. He will be lucky if he is still alive when finally released.
He could also be viewed as a risk of flight as he is from Iraq.
I say keep him locked up, he does not deserve to see the light of day no longer. This guy is a disgrace to our industry.
I hope Bubba, his new cell mate, gives him the proper welcoming he deserves...
If there is a follow up to this story pls post the results of this bail hearing.

I say leave him locked up. He already admitted doing it, completely confessed. Is is facing 20 years if not more if and when more charges get added. He will be lucky if he is still alive when finally released.
I say keep him locked up, he does not deserve to see the light of day no longer. This guy is a disgrace to our industry.
If there is a follow up to this story pls post the results of this bail hearing.
Easy now, don't want to see you burst a blood vessel.

Another poster stated it came out in court that he had an ISIS video on his phone.

What is that you were saying about right wingers?

EDIT:

Here is the post for reference.

So CNN is reporting that the mechanic who sabotage the plane had ISIS video(s) on his phone. This apparently came out in court today.
And there are those (even in this forum) that were upset because of his last name the thought of terrorism was brought up. Whether that was his intent or not, in today's world, assuming can be a safer option than being politically correct!

Last edited:

And there you have it. Possible ties to terrorist. More charges coming IMO. Don't forget my "what if's".
I felt from the get go he was to quick to put the blame on the contract nego's. Seems even more so now that he was covering for something else. More to come...

American Airlines mechanic accused of sabotaging jet stored ISIS videos on his phone