mechanics lose in court

Is it any wonder AMR spends millions of dollars every year on private law firms, when it sits with perhaps one of the largest corporate legal departments in the country?

It is very hard, extremely hard in fact to take AMR to court for any reason and win. I've seen AMR spend $150,000.00 to shut down a $300.00 case.

Well we really did not take AA to court, we took the TWU, AA claimed that they would be harmed if there was a revote.

The case centered around whether or not we have the right to vote on our contracts.

According to Judge Preska "any" only means "any" when Sonny Hall says so.

The Judge said flat out "the plaintiffs do not have a right to a ratification vote".

Apparently this statement is not confined to this incident but "any" contract.

She said that our expectation to get to vote was "wholly unreasonable", because our right to vote might, could, maybe cause economic harm to the company. The fact that this contract causes us economic harm is not even a consideration. Its funny how several times she cut off the plaintiffs lawyer for speculating but then had no problem using speculation to make her decision. So the "right" of the company to exploit our labor comes ahead of our "right" to vote. (However, now it appears that voting on contracts is not a right but a privilidge).

Those are the priorities of many of todays Judges, money over democracy, not to mention the fact that if she had ruled our way her chances of recieving any future benifits are pretty much nil from an appreciative bunch of working slobs but by finding a way to rule in the company's favor who knows, those people know how to reward friendly judges, there could be some nice consultant job waiting for her at AA or some other company that has some connection somehow when she decides that she has "served" on the bench long enough.

In reality we should not be suprised since this is the same structure that said that the people of the United States do not have the right to pick their President because in order to do so it could cause uncertainty and disruptions. So her denial of our rights to vote on our contract should not come as a suprise.

OK, so members do not have the right to vote for Jim Little who has sole juristiction over our contract.
We do not have the right to vote for Sonny Hall who appoints Jim Little to the position of ATD director.

And now we have just been informed that these unaccountable people do not even have to follow the Constitution of the TWU!! They do not even have to allow us to vote on our contracts!!

Basically, you have no democratic rights that are not subordinate to the whims of Sonny Hall, who you are not able to vote for or against.

This is how the International uses your dues money, to take away your rights!

Bob,

Those of us that are still Freedom Fighters would like to thank each and every mechanic that funded the legal matter to this stage.

It was worth every penny to prove the point about the TWU the over powering Constitution and the dictators that are "The Union" under the TWU.

If possible, I would like a pdf file of both the TWU filed legal brief stating their interpetation of the TWU Constitution regarding contract ratification and Sonny Hall's God Like Power, and the transcript of today's hearing.

Need money for producing this material? Just let me know where to send my contribution.

THANKS AGAIN! For all you have done to prove that AMFA is the way to go!

----------------
On 7/2/2003 9:38:15 PM FA Mikey wrote:

This doesn''t bode well for us. I believe there is still an outstanding lawsuit as to voting irregularities and the voting extension, by APFA.

----------------​
There was never a chance in hell that a judge would issue the injunction sought by the TWU. Too bad the union members were shafted by the lawyers who apparently didn''t tell the TWU that the chance of prevailing was ZERO. Same for the APFA lawsuit - your lawyers have lied to you if they told you that there exists any chance of an injunction or a re-vote. Too bad the union members wasted their money on these lawyers (not that any other lawyers would have done any better, since the chance of winning was ZERO, as mentioned above).

A fool and his money are soon parted (and that goes for foolish union leadership as well).

Neither case is being brought forward by the unions themselves. They are from disenfranchised members who were screwed out of a fair and legitimate vote on concessions for the company. To not at least fight for your rights, its the same as laying down and being walked on. That may work for you at your job, not me in mine. The vote actual vote by the APFA members was NO.

So cast the one vote they WILL listen to . . . with your wallet. Stop paying your union dues. There will be no mistaking where you stand from that point forward.

----------------
On 7/2/2003 10:06:49 PM FA Mikey wrote:

Neither case is being brought forward by the unions themselves. They are from disenfranchised members who were screwed out of a fair and legitimate vote on concessions for the company. To not at least fight for your rights, its the same as laying down and being walked on. That may work for you at your job, not me in mine. The vote actual vote by the APFA members was NO.

----------------​
The mechanics case was brought by Locals 561, 562, 563,564, 565,567 and 510, we also recieved petitions from several other Locals, including 514.

----------------
On 7/2/2003 9:47:18 PM FWAAA wrote:

There was never a chance in hell that a judge would issue the injunction sought by the TWU. Too bad the union members were shafted by the lawyers who apparently didn''t tell the TWU that the chance of prevailing was ZERO. Same for the APFA lawsuit - your lawyers have lied to you if they told you that there exists any chance of an injunction or a re-vote. Too bad the union members wasted their money on these lawyers (not that any other lawyers would have done any better, since the chance of winning was ZERO, as mentioned above).

A fool and his money are soon parted (and that goes for foolish union leadership as well).

----------------​
Well I dont have much confidence in our legal sytstem, basically it too owned by the rich and is simply another arm of the political system but it was worth every penny and we would do it all again. The total cost was less than what a mechanic is losing in one year and several other locals have already agreed to share the cost. So for a cost that is less than one years worth of losses we could have given 30,000 workers the chance for a better deal. Besides if the workers should resort to wildcat or other forms of job actions in the future we got it covered, we fought it but the judge said that we do not have the right to vote on our contracts. Tyranny breeds conflict, what did they expect?

----------------
On 7/3/2003 8:45:01 AM FA Mikey wrote:

You cannot stop paying dues. Article 31 union security, basically no pay, no stay. The only clear choice is an administration change.

----------------​
Article 38 for the Mechanic and related. If you feel strongly enough about this issue, ensure that you read and understand the rules.

Hey idiot,
The TWU International told you exactly what was going to happen in court, and it did! You can't seem to get it through your rock hard head that our legal folks are not beginners. If you had any sense and any balls you would have told the truth, revealed all the information and if at least you were semi honest, you could've saved your membership the expense of being made fools of in front of the entire country!

P.S.

May be Seham could've done better!! ha ha

WFR.jpg

IF YOU VALUE YOUR RIGHTS,
YOU WILL REPLACE THE TWU

----------------
On 7/3/2003 6:19:23 PM Checking it Out wrote:

Everytime the amfa supports go up against the TWU they have lost or settled out of court. Why is this? I suspect because the majority is incompitant!

----------------
in•com•pe•tent

Pronunciation: (in-kom''pi-tunt), [key]
—adj.
1. not competent; lacking qualification or ability; incapable: an incompetent candidate.
2. characterized by or showing incompetence: His incompetent acting ruined the play.
3. Law.
a. being unable or legally unqualified to perform specified acts or to be held legally responsible for such acts.
b. inadmissible, as evidence.

—n.
1. an incompetent person; a mentally deficient person.
2. Law.a person lacking power to act with legal effectiveness.

CIO, that is a pretty important word to misspell when used in a context that attacks on personal levels.

THINK ABOUT IT?