Merged Airline Faces Competition At Focus City

HP has some experience competing with SW out West, so hopefully they'll use that experience in PIT/PHL/etc.

Are you people blind?

WN has a significant cost savings advantage due to all their fuel hedges, they are the only airline to be profitibale for over 30 years straight, they are growing by leaps and bounds and single handily drove US out of the west coast, BWI and slowly are strangiling US out of the east coast.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

You mean SWA doesn't already fly from PIT to PHX? I guess that will help the passengers from PIT who want to connect to Alcapulco, Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta, Ixtapa, Mazatlan, Alaska, Honolulu, Maui.....etc., on SWA out of Phoenix.......NOT!!!!!! :p

700UW said:
Are you people blind?

WN has a significant cost savings advantage due to all their fuel hedges, they are the only airline to be profitibale for over 30 years straight, they are growing by leaps and bounds and single handily drove US out of the west coast, BWI and slowly are strangiling US out of the east coast.

[post="289236"][/post]​

You are right! Everyone! Start panicing and sobbing hysterically now!!!

700UW said:
Are you people blind?

[post="289236"][/post]​
i see your point .............

barbeetantrums said:
You are right! Everyone! Start panicing and sobbing hysterically now!!!
[post="289240"][/post]​

Well at least this gave the Pittsburgh media something else to publish in their "City Rag"! Geez man, let it go people!

What's so scary about WN? They have 1/5 as many destinations as U. WN is a cherry picker. U's money comes from serving places like GSP, PWM, and don't forget Europe, the caribean, and soon Aspen, Vail, and Jackson Hole... The list goes on. WN doesn't want U to go out of business. WN is a parasite. WN's whole business model is dependent on Legacy carriers blocking compitition and then WN undercutting in a few key markets.

WN is running out of room with its business model. It's going to have to get another type of aircraft, either smaller or larger, if it wants to continue to grow. A new aircraft type would really add to WN's CASM. Right now, WN has the lowest load factors of any airline and the highest labor costs. Granted they make up for it with their fuel hedge and operational efficiency, but they are not without problems.

I don't think Southwest will be too much of a threat to us in the future.

dunce.gif

WN carries more domestic passengers then any legacy carrier.

And can you show me any legacy carrier that has been profitable for over 30 years straight?

They have over 400 aircraft to 60 airports, over 2,800 flights a day and carried 65 million passengers last year, and turned a profit.

Yeah they are called "Cattle Cars"! SWA needs no acclamation for who they are, they will be around for a long, long, long time kind of like the cockroach of the Airline Industry! But, the need to stop comparing them to ALL the legacy carriers has been driven into the ground too many times!

700UW said:
WN carries more domestic passengers then any legacy carrier.

And can you show me any legacy carrier that has been profitable for over 30 years straight?

They have over 400 aircraft to 60 airports, over 2,800 flights a day and carried 65 million passengers last year, and turned a profit.
[post="289247"][/post]​

If they are so good and you like to cheer them so, why not go work over there? I'm sure you would be happier, there. Look into it.

Latest posts