Merger Team Announced

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
From an SEC filing today...

Merger integration team announced

Several officers with US Airways and America West Airlines have been tapped to lead key cross-departmental teams through the initial integration process for the merged US Airways.

On US Airways' side, Senior Vice President of Planning Andrew Nocella will head the scheduling team, and Vice President of Labor Relations Al Hemenway will oversee labor relations.

Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Jerry Glass will be responsible for the management organizational structure, human resources and benefits, including policies governing the travel pass program.

Executive Vice President of Corporate Affairs, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Liz Lanier will head the integration team handling all contracts, including labor and vendors.

Meanwhile, Senior Vice President and Controller Anita Beier will help integrate financial planning and auditing for the merged US Airways.

With America West, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Doug Parker will be responsible for integrating communications plans and the overall employee culture.

Vice President of Marketing Travis Christ will lead the team handling airline branding and the frequent flyer program.

Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer Joe Beery will shore up integration of reservations and all other Information Technology systems.

Senior Vice President of Customer Service Anthony Mule will handle airports' needs with his team, and Vice President of Revenue Management Scott Bowers will support the revenue management integration team.

Integration teams will oversee essential elements of the merger process and will be comprised of employees from both America West and US Airways.

These teams will work closely with integration leader Scott Kirby, America West's executive vice president of Sales and Marketing, to merge the two carriers into the new US Airways. Kirby also presides on the previously announced executive steering committee.

Officers for the merged airline have yet to be announced.

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
From an SEC filing today...

Merger integration team announced
[post="282032"][/post]​

WHAT? NO AL? :shock:

Yes Virgina there is a Santa Claus. First Ashby, then this. Now does anybody have any good news on Lime Boy?

Don't worry, with the other al and jg, the evil scheme will continue.

They will happily do what dirty work, and there will be some, needs to be done.

No al?

Reminds of the lawyer joke...

"What do you have if you find 1,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?"

"A good start."

longing4piedmont said:
WHAT? NO AL? :shock:

Yes Virgina there is a Santa Claus. First Ashby, then this. Now does anybody have any good news on Lime Boy?
[post="282033"][/post]​

There is hope for this...

And did anyone notice they are using the HP IT folks, not US? There is also hope for a working web site. :up:

jimcfs said:
There is hope for this...

And did anyone notice they are using the HP IT folks, not US? There is also hope for a working web site. :up:
[post="282059"][/post]​

Well, America West website is awful, so I wouldn't complain about US too much.

diogenes said:
No al?

Reminds of the lawyer joke...

"What do you have if you find 1,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?"

"A good start."
[post="282037"][/post]​
WHY ARE LAWYERS BURIED 12 FEET DEEP? CAUSE DOWN DEEP THEIR REALLY NOT THAT BAD. :lol:

BoeingBoy said:
Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer Jerry Glass will be responsible for the management organizational structure, human resources and benefits, including policies governing the travel pass program.
[post="282032"][/post]​
:blink: :shock:

Wherever Dr. Evil is, MiniMe can't be far behind.

I have probably said this before elsewhere, but Andrew Nocella is an excellent choice to join the new team. He has intimate knowledge of both US and HP, and is one of the few who I think really get it at CCY.

I hope this is his chance to shine.

I look forward to the new US Airways!!!!

My best to you all.....

Heaven help us, Everett Al Hemenway to lead the merger team on labor unrelations.

This man during the airbus arbitration gave "his" detailed history of the US/IAM contract, yet he was only at US for 4 years at the time, and he actually thought they company would win the arbitration.

Al is not a good person to work with.

It is my understanding the EVP's, SVP's, and other Senior Officers for the combined business enterprise will be announced within the next week or so.

In addition, the DOT, SEC, and ATSB have provided the companies verbal approval for the merger to proceed. Expect public announcements in the not-to-distant future.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

OldGuyinPA said:
Please....NO AC....

The cancer has been spread enough................
[post="282259"][/post]​

I doubt we'll be seeing Al coming along for the ride. He's busy now counting his money and getting his Golf Club Memberships all in order. There is still a few more dollars he can milk out of this company...once that's done, he'll be off on his merry way. It would be very interesting to see how much $$$ Glass is going to walk away with, thru his various back door deals and companies.