Mesa Air Group April 2003 Traffic Increases 26.8% Year-Over-Year

----------------
On 5/8/2003 12:51:17 PM ITRADE wrote:

Cry me a river.

----------------​

Thats a good one ITRADE. Come up with that all on your own? You should be proud. Better yet you should be ashamed.

With as many people that this company has out on the street, for you to make that comment is pathetic. The only way to bring our brothers and sisters back to work is to end the outsourcing that you don''t seem to mind. With as much as you post on this site I would have thought that you would have alittle bit more respect for the employees of U. Apparently you don''t.

Jesus Christ Bored. You need to wake up to reality of 21st century economics and business. If things are too high and too inefficient, you''re going to outsource and utilize those tools that are better suited to make the company run better.

This crap about full employment and bringing everybody back to work reminds me of the efforts of the Luddites back in the early 1800s.

Bored,sir you got it right.

You''re not the only one who really
sees what''s going on.Keep on that way,
you''ll be ok...

"This could be the year". Go Cubs...

Bob you sound like you are a proponent of the Henry Ford school of labor relations.During the early days of union
organizing ole Henry said "If you you don''t like it here
boys,I got 200 men in line outside waiting to take your job."

Check the yahoo report from the new ceo of AMR,Arpey.
He''s making the honest effort and stating that amr might be
turning the corner.You won''t hear that from Siegel and
his minions cause they still have some cost cutting to do.

Oh, and while I got you on the line since U made a profit of
a billion plus should''nt I get my 5% back?

Piney ,put that beer down long enough to support me on
this you old cockroach...

PineyBob ,thank you sir.
You''re up to the mark...

Oh and for you Pirates fans,

"this could be the year"...Go Cubs.

----------------
On 5/8/2003 6:25:07 PM cubfan02us wrote:

Bored,sir you got it right.

You''re not the only one who really
sees what''s going on.Keep on that way,
you''ll be ok...

"This could be the year". Go Cubs...

----------------​
Thanks Cubfan. I''m tryin and at least thats somthing.

Goodluck with the Cubbies.

----------------
On 5/8/2003 4:56:02 PM ITRADE wrote:

Jesus Christ Bored.  You need to wake up to reality of 21st century economics and business.  If things are too high and too inefficient, you''re going to outsource and utilize those tools that are better suited to make the company run better. 

This crap about full employment and bringing everybody back to work reminds me of the efforts of the Luddites back in the early 1800s.

----------------​

Do you really think that the economics and business dealings of today are any different than 50 or so years ago? Please, spare me, the rich just want to get richer at anyones expense.

First of all, if things are too high and inefficent you can be sure its due to poor mgt. In which case its up to mgt. to fix these problems while working with your employees to limit the impact on their lives. Why you ask? Because a good mgt. team knows that with good LEADERSHIP an employee will do anything for their company, and those are the type of employees that make a company money. Not to leave out that the simple fact that mgt. has the MORAL obligation to do just that. You don''t just put people on the street then give their jobs to someone else. Its not ETHICAL.

Now lets talk about outsourcing. You seem to say that outsourcing is a tool better suited to make the company run better. Sorry I''m gonna call B.S. on this one. Unless you call paying full price for an airplane that is hardly ever full, then by all means outsource away.

As for your last paragraph, it is written proof that you, like so many others in the "21st century business world" lack the simple skills needed to be part of a successfull mgt. team. ETHICS, MORALS, AND LEADERSHIP

----------------
On 5/8/2003 6:43:48 PM PineyBob wrote:

----------------
On 5/8/2003 4:56:02 PM ITRADE wrote:

Jesus Christ Bored.  You need to wake up to reality of 21st century economics and business.  If things are too high and too inefficient, you''re going to outsource and utilize those tools that are better suited to make the company run better. 

----------------​
Some don''t understand that a job is not a right or entitlement, or that the free market ultimately determines rates of pay, union contract or not. With some of the attitudes on here you''d think some think that the buggy whip makers got screwed by management

----------------​

Bob,

Stop throwing around that free markett blah blah blah. Whats right is right and there is way too much wrong with the things that go on in this company.

"It certainly is a useful tool. Note that one of the beauties of the industry - Southwest - utilizes significant outsourcing with respect to its maintenance. Are you going to chant them down from the rafters?"

I wonder why they don''t outsource any of their flying?

INVOL

----------------
On 5/8/2003 10:45:30 PM BoredToDeath wrote:

Do you really think that the economics and business dealings of today are any different than 50 or so years ago? Please, spare me, the rich just want to get richer at anyones expense.

----------------​

Airline economics are certainly different than they were 50 years ago (or 30). Prior to deregulation, you had guaranteed pricing, fixed fares, monopolistic routes, and little if any incentive to operate efficiently. I am not making a rich want to get richer argument - I am simply stating that in today''s world you have to use the tools that make the corporation better and return better dividends to its stockholders - many of whom are not rich. Corporations are not welfare states.

----------------
First of all, if things are too high and inefficent you can be sure its due to poor mgt.
----------------​

Demonstrate to me how all inefficiencies are attributable to management? Who threatened to strike and not work during all of these contractual negotiations?

----------------
In which case its up to mgt. to fix these problems while working with your employees to limit the impact on their lives.
----------------​
Agreed with the first half, but where is it said that it is required of management to guarantee employment. Hint, it isn''t.

----------------
Why you ask? Because a good mgt. team knows that with good LEADERSHIP an employee will do anything for their company, and those are the type of employees that make a company money. Not to leave out that the simple fact that mgt. has the MORAL obligation to do just that. You don''t just put people on the street then give their jobs to someone else. Its not ETHICAL.
----------------​
There is no moral obligation whatsoever. There is no contractual relationship between management and employee guaranteeing employment. All employees are essentially at will and serve at the pleasure of the ultimate management - the stockholders and debt holders. As to ethicacy, it is wholly ethical for the management to live up to their fiduciary duties and ensure that the company operates at a margin that the holders are comfortable with.

----------------
Now lets talk about outsourcing. You seem to say that outsourcing is a tool better suited to make the company run better. Sorry I''m gonna call B.S. on this one. Unless you call paying full price for an airplane that is hardly ever full, then by all means outsource away.
----------------​

It certainly is a useful tool. Note that one of the beauties of the industry - Southwest - utilizes significant outsourcing with respect to its maintenance. Are you going to chant them down from the rafters?

----------------
As for your last paragraph, it is written proof that you, like so many others in the "21st century business world" lack the simple skills needed to be part of a successfull mgt. team. ETHICS, MORALS, AND LEADERSHIP
----------------​
You forgot All Hail the Soviet in your slogan.

You''re living in a 19th century world that has moved on to bigger and better things. Your claims of "ethics, morals, and leadership" are thinly veiled covers for the fact that you''d like to see full employment of a work group that has clearly strangled and stifled the forward progress of any number of companies.

Oh well, thats fine. I''m glad that some can always be reminiscent. Makes for interesting postings.

Southwest is currently bring more maintenance work in-house as they are having quality control issues at third party facilities.

----------------
On 5/9/2003 7:06:03 AM W:EXCH:INVOL wrote:

"It certainly is a useful tool. Note that one of the beauties of the industry - Southwest - utilizes significant outsourcing with respect to its maintenance. Are you going to chant them down from the rafters?"

I wonder why they don''t outsource any of their flying?

INVOL

----------------​
Ummm...Maybe because you will never seem them flying to cities with less than 300,000 people (i.e. ROA, ERI, CHA, and BTV).