Mesa Named Regional Airline Of The Year

the turtle

Advanced
Mar 7, 2003
Mesa Air Group Selected Regional Airline of the Year by Air Transport World
Wednesday January 26, 9:01 am ET

PHOENIX, Jan. 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) announced today that Air Transport World had selected the Company as 2005 Regional Airline of the Year. Mesa was recognized by ATW for its exemplary service to the public as well as completing a successful business restructuring during one of the most difficult periods in the history of commercial aviation. Air Transport World is the leading monthly magazine serving the airline and commercial aircraft manufacturing industries and the ATW Awards are one of the most coveted and valued honors an airline can receive. Since the ATW Airline Achievement Awards program was created in 1974, Mesa is the first airline to have won the Regional Airline of the Year award twice. The ATW Award winners are selected by the magazine's editorial staff after a lengthy consultative process.

"ATW's recognition of Mesa as 2005 Regional Airline of the Year is a wonderful achievement for our Company," said Jonathan Ornstein, Mesa's Chairman and CEO. "The selection of Mesa for this honor is a validation of the hard work and dedication of our 5,000 employees. This recognition is especially gratifying given the current state of the airline industry. We appreciate the confidence our airline partners have placed in our operations and would like to thank all of the 10 million passengers who chose to fly with us last year.

I just flew on a USX flight on Mesa, and a monkey in a nun's outfit would have made a better impression on the customers than this F/A did. The chick kept on saying "USAir" (no ways, no Express) which was annoying, wore a brown coat over her uniform the whole flight, and muttered into the PA something about Flight Fund, which I believe is America West's FF program. Upon landing she got back on the PA and said "Thanks for flying USAir, we hope you enjoyed our flight as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride. Remember, no one loves your business or your money like USAir." I wanted to pull her hair. I'm sure she'd be great in an emergency. On top of that, the plane smelled like urine and had trash in the seat pockets... are they not expected to tidy the cabin between flights like everyone else? It was absolutely infuriating and disheartening to think that US pays them to impersonate them and then doesn't hold them to even the lowest service standards.

couldn't resist :blink: :blink: :blink:

i wonder what kind of 'qualities' the atw 'editors' use for determining the winning status....
consultative process? with who?? their bank accts?

and orenstein, what a tool 'like to thank the 10 million people for choosing mesa' nobody 'chooses' mesa they get stuck on them by the overseeing brand....

and turtle, you obviously planted this as flame bait, and your watching it now, why haven't you come back with any of your 'pro-mesa' bs yet?

We have customers who are now able to look at tail numbers out the window and figure out who is who ands what they are in for. Mesa is also easily recognizable by thier tacky stickers all over the plane. You know it's bad when customers are able to differentiate between Express carriers and book around them.

Have these people ever been on a flight operated by them?

av8or said:
and turtle, you obviously planted this as flame bait, and your watching it now, why haven't you come back with any of your 'pro-mesa' bs yet?
[post="242557"][/post]​

I don't have any. I thought as well that it was some kind of joke...I don't know what to say.....

What we've been saying here is...If we came in first.....who came in last?!

The Regional Airline of the Year Award is a joke. It's an awarded by management types to the regional airline that screws it employees the most. Last year Pinnacle won it. Doesn't mean I want to work at Mesa or Pinnacle.

Turtle,

Look around at your fellow Mesa employees next time you're in the PHL crew room. I feel sorry for the couple cool guys that work at MESA because your airline resembles the Island of Misfit Toys. JO likes to hire people that he knows are afraid to stand up against abuse. For all Mesa's stupid unionist stickers you guys still have the worst contract in the industry. No one wants to work at Mesa. Mesa is where you go after every other company shoots you down.

golden1 said:
Oh Paleese..... :down:
[post="242551"][/post]​

WHAT ?????

MESA the Regional Airline of the Year??? Was this person drunk at the time? The same
MESA whose name means Make everyone Stay Awhile or Make Everyone Sit Around,
and then there's my favorite MTC Every Single Airplane. The same Mesa whose FA's
forget to show up for flights? The same Mesa who can't handle the routes they have?
Remember last year on this same message board?.... MESA was voted the least
reliable of our Express operators. The same sloppy operator that has chased way
many of our best customers is now the airline of the year?

Is that Rod Sterling in the corner of our boarding area ?