Messianic one

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
President-elect Barack Obama has yet to attend church services since winning the White House earlier this month, a departure from the example of his two immediate predecessors

On the three Sundays since his election, Obama has instead used his free time to get in workouts at a Chicago gym.

No pain,no gain...

Asked about the president-elect's decision to not attend church, a transition aide noted that the Obamas valued their faith experience in Chicago but were concerned about the impact their large retinue may have on other parishioners.

"Because they have a great deal of respect for places of worship, they do not want to draw unwelcome or inappropriate attention to a church not used to the attention their attendance would draw," said the aide. :lol: :lol:

The election is over....that's why.It was all a put on.

The issue of where he worships is, of course, fraught. For about two decades, Obama and his family attended Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. But, with the public disclosure earlier this year of incendiary sermons at Trinity by the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama and his wife, Michelle, in June resigned their membership in the large South Side congregation. :blink:

Only after it was an issue :down:

The Obama aide said the family "look forward to finding a church community in Washington, D.C."

Now they will....just the like Rev Wright debacle....

Caveat Emptor

No pain,no gain...

Caveat Emptor

He is practicing separation of church and state, nothing more, give the great one a break---everyone else did to the point they placed their entire futures in this chosen one, more so then even God. Now lets sit back and see how the only and only true God responds, and trust me, he will.

No pain,no gain...

Caveat Emptor

Dell,

Do you really care if/where a politician goes to church? Politicians lie. Even if he did go to church do you believe it would be sincere? Bush goes to church and then during the week he deprives people of civil rights and starts wars? What has church got to do with anything? Pat Robertson is head of a church and goes on TV advocating the assassination of a head of state. I am sure Foley and Craig went to church as well. What do you want to bet that Spitzer went to church? Wow, a politician who lied to get in office. What will they think of next.

310981.jpg

OBAAAHMAAAH! :lol:

Dell,

Do you really care if/where a politician goes to church? Politicians lie. Even if he did go to church do you believe it would be sincere? Bush goes to church and then during the week he deprives people of civil rights and starts wars? What has church got to do with anything? Pat Robertson is head of a church and goes on TV advocating the assassination of a head of state. I am sure Foley and Craig went to church as well. What do you want to bet that Spitzer went to church? Wow, a politician who lied to get in office. What will they think of next.

No Cos...not really...what I think matters is this guy flaunted his church association as part of his campaign(not a Muslim you know)...Rev Wright became an unpleasant item so he switched brands...now the campaign over and he's showing his true identity...but now this is another Obama oops and you'll see him at church regularly.

This and many other things will unfold and America will see what they paid for. :down:

No Cos...not really...what I think matters is this guy flaunted his church association as part of his campaign(not a Muslim you know)...Rev Wright became an unpleasant item so he switched brands...now the campaign over and he's showing his true identity...but now this is another Obama oops and you'll see him at church regularly.

This and many other things will unfold and America will see what they paid for. :down:
Speaking of flaunting church beliefs, the religious right sort of came to power because Ronald Reagan courted them. How often did Ronnie go to church?

He only did that because he was accused of being a Muslim. (Not that being a Muslim is a bad thing in and of itself).

I could care less if the guy ever goes to church. That is not why I voted for him.

Running our country and going to church have nothing to do with each other and never should.

It is that whole separation of church and state thing.

I agree with T.J. on this one:

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state.

Thomas Jefferson Jan.1.1802.

Do you think there is a politician in any state or national office who did not misrepresent them self to get in office?

Do you think there is a politician in any state or national office who did not misrepresent them self to get in office?

None, that had this much help from the media, getting elected !

Perfect example was "The View", what a joke of a show !

Nobama's episode" Is it true your related to Brad Pitt?" Blah,blah,blah. No substance !

McCain's episode " Nothing but a bunch of old biddy's hitting him left and right with so many questions ,he didn't have time to answer one!

And watching all the crap spewed from the media did nothing , but make me want to puke !

None, that had this much help from the media, getting elected !

Perfect example was "The View", what a joke of a show !

Nobama's episode" Is it true your related to Brad Pitt?" Blah,blah,blah. No substance !

McCain's episode " Nothing but a bunch of old biddy's hitting him left and right with so many questions ,he didn't have time to answer one!

And watching all the crap spewed from the media did nothing , but make me want to puke !

Now try answering the question.

Someone should pass that on to the middle east.
We tried...we took the most secular leader in the middle east and ousted him. We are friends with the country whose schools teach the most anti American (in the name of Allah of course) and is the most heavily influenced by radical Muslims. In fact, most of the guys that attacked us on 9/11 were from this country. Yet, we oust the secular leader of a different country and whom the radical Muslims hated almost as much as they hated the US.

So far he seems to be doing one hell of a job , and he hasn't even taken the oath of office yet ....

The senior staff he's assembling is experienced and it's giving our stock market confidence if only for a short time ... it also sounds from what i've been hearing that obama is already altering some of his campaign promises to adjust to our nations new economic climate ... some of you might call that flip flopping , but in my world of pragmatism that's a big thumbs up for dealing with reality ... :up:

As to the obamma families point about their prescience disturbing church services , DUH ... i'm surprised with this being an aviation web cite that more of you don't know what happens when air force one comes into town .. geez the motorcade never ends .. and with him being the first black president the security around him will be the tightest in us history ..

if your going to complain about something , at least TRY and make it sound logical ....

Latest posts