Miami Flagship Lounge reopens after five year absence

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
The MIA Flagship Lounge reopened this morning:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081216/latu529.html?.v=31

In 1999-2000, AA opened Flagship Lounges at ORD, LHR, DFW, MIA and BOS. The financial crisis of 2001-03 saw the closure of MIA, DFW and BOS. Since then, AA opened new Flagship Lounges at JFK and LAX - which didn't get F lounges the first time around, although Premium Services operated (and still does operate) VIP/celebrity space separate from the Admirals Clubs in those cities.

Now, with the reopening of the MIA lounge, the only large AA hub lacking such a lounge is DFW. Doubt that BOS ever gets its FL reopened, but stranger things have happened.

I don't think BOS will get it's FL Lounge back, considering it has no flights with F space. DFW that is interesting since it has with F Space 2xNRT, 2xLHR, 1x GRU, 1xEZE, 1xFRA that gives you 7 Flights AFS Service so I could see it coming back.

I don't see DFW coming back anytime soon. Those other cities have a larger oneworld presence, and having a F lounge is expected by full fares on QF, BA, IB, etc.

I don't see DFW coming back anytime soon. Those other cities have a larger oneworld presence, and having a F lounge is expected by full fares on QF, BA, IB, etc.

You're probably right. Others have said that because AA has no other significant DFW competition, there's no need for a FL.

On the other hand, AA's real competition for high-yield international passengers at DFW is with CO at IAH and DL/NW at ATL, and perhaps AA will re-open the DFW lounge to try to attract them. In 1999, someone made the case for the FL at DFW and that business justification might be applicable again. Unless, of course, it didn't make sense back then.

They did reopen the Flagship lounge at DFW but now it's an NRSA lounge. I haven't seen it yet but I hear that it's pretty nice? I'm very surprised that AA did anything for us employees and our families but in the spirit of Christmas I'll give this one a thumbs up. :up:

THAT is good news. Actually, the new employee lounge at DFW is across from A-26, which is the old temporary Flagship Lounge/Arrivals Lounge that was used while the new A Club was being built out. When the permanent Flagship Lounge was closed, its space was integrated into the Admirals Club (across from A-24), much like in BOS when that FL was closed.

AA recently opened three new NRSA lounges, including MIA and JFK, in addition to the one at DFW. Good for AA. :up:

If DFW ever gets a Flagship Lounge again, it would be located in Terminal D, not A.

They did reopen the Flagship lounge at DFW but now it's an NRSA lounge. I haven't seen it yet but I hear that it's pretty nice? I'm very surprised that AA did anything for us employees and our families but in the spirit of Christmas I'll give this one a thumbs up. :up:

I saw that. It had been a couple of months since I've been through DFW and was surprised to see the new employee lounges. Hope you guys enjoy them. Lord knows you deserve them.

Latest posts