Midatlantic Routes For Sale In April

MarkMyWords

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
I was looking on USAirways.com for an upcoming trip in April and noticed that there are routes out there for sale with E70 equipment types starting April 4th. These are MidAtlantic flights. I was able to find the following routes being flown by MAA roundtrip once a day.

PIT - ALB, ATL BOS, BNA, EWR and SYR
PHL - MCI and SYR

I guess MAA may be getting off the ground soon!

Does anyone know if we have starting proving runs or taken possession of an airplane yet? Have they worked out the software problem?

MarkMyWords,

Saw a bulletin yesterday at work that we'll be selling tkts is RSV soon. As clueless as everyone about having aircraft but I would have to assume we do or are close to having them considering we are selling seats. Have no idea about software but can tell you (whether it's any help or not) that flights are apparently going to be color coded like the shuttle. (For those familiar with CARE and RSV bookings.)

Putting this aside, I was under the impression MidAtlantic would be delayed by a few months. Isn't this somewhat on schedule?

It will also be interesting to see how many more stations go Express or MDA. You can bet they will close them as fast as they take delivery of new A/C. By the beginning of 2005, (if we are still here that is) I doubt there will be more than 15-20 true Mainline stations left. Can anybody say hello Poverty???

There are ZERO ERJ 170's in the hands of Airways at this time. We will not take a plane until the aircraft is fully certified.
4lowed

4lowed, are these AC going on routes to former mainline routes where now Rjs are in place or will they be going to smaller cities, ex FWA,GRR,TOL,ERI, etc...?

there is a photo of the aircraft on jetphotos.net . its in usairways colors . its parked in brazil . i think the reg is N801MA. someone posted it here several weeks ago.

4lowed said:
There are ZERO ERJ 170's in the hands of Airways at this time. We will not take a plane until the aircraft is fully certified.
4lowed
You are correct, what I did mean is that there are at least two for US to pick up.

2 weeks ago I heard it's still an epic software problem FAA doesn't like. the person who told me has no idea when it will get fixed.

That tracks with what I heard.

As far as not flying the a/c on the provisional certificate (proving runs), I heard it is an insurance thing - nobody wants to insure the plane or crews without full certification.

Jim