Midwest Airlines To Outsource Heavy Maintenance

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Midwest Airlines to outsource heavy maintenance
Wed Oct 27, 2004 05:33 PM ET
CHICAGO, Oct 27 (Reuters) - Midwest Airlines (MEH.N: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Wednesday that it plans to cut at least 90 maintenance jobs at its Milwaukee hub and take more elaborate heavy maintenance checks on older jets to an outside source starting in 2005.
The airline has replaced many of its older MD-80 and DC-9 airplanes with new Boeing Co. (BA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) 717s, making it unrealistic to continue performing the periodic heavy checks in-house, Midwest Airlines said. The cuts are expected to start in mid-January.

The airline said it expected to choose between four major U.S.-based maintenance firms within the next several weeks. It will continue routine daily maintenance at its facilities in Milwaukee, Kansas City and Washington D.C.

700UW, You need to look at your own airline's situation before you come here and spew B.S. How about that new IAM concession deal? Get laid off and come back at the bottom of the pay scale. :down: No recall rights after three years :shock: All this for 1980 wages :angry:

IAM and TWU leading the AMT to slaughter! :mf_boff:

When are you U.S.AIR people going to walkout? They wiped out your contract :down: ,so what are you U.S.AIR people waiting for?

Decision 2004 said:
What exactly does AMFA have to do this one?

Oh, that's right, AMFA is to blame for everything. :unsure:
[post="195575"][/post]​
Maybe Midwest Airlines needs a good dose of a wage lowering twu OSM program. We at ArrogAAnt Airlines have had the twu money maker since 1995 and we still have 3000 on the street and thousands more to come. Now, with all the glorious twu sellouts of the past, we now have a maintenance base soon to be taking a dirt nap. Don't forget according to the government, AA also has 41% of our work outsourced.

So much for the twu concessions for jobs (dues) theory, endured since 1983.

It must have been the price of fuel that caused 22 years of twu concessions, I keep forgetting that.

Show me the un-shared sacrifice, and I show you a worthless twu.

700UW said:
Midwest Airlines to outsource heavy maintenance
[post="195567"][/post]​

I hate to break it to you, but AMFA doesn't represent the mechanics at Midwest Airlines. They are non-union and the most recent union to try organizing them was the IBT this year. Are you going to blame the Teamsters now?

NWA/AMT said:
I hate to break it to you, but AMFA doesn't represent the mechanics at Midwest Airlines. They are non-union and the most recent union to try organizing them was the IBT this year. Are you going to blame the Teamsters now?
[post="195636"][/post]​

Ah yes, but the Industrial Union Zealots do not care, AMFA is to blame for everything.

The truth does not matter with these Bus Shrine Worshippers, as long as they are bashing AMFA then things are good for them.

The airline said it expected to choose between four major U.S.-based maintenance firms within the next several weeks

AA will no doubt bid for the contract work considering its AMTs are the lowest paid in the industry they should be able to underid the competition.

More work in house for less pay in house. Thank you twu

Latest posts