Might Delta Upgrade To Baton Rouge

Adam4848

Sep 5, 2005
I've been searching on Delta for tickets and suprislying not really :p all of the seats are booked. Like now we have about 6 CRJ-700's that go to Atlanta and two extra MD-88's and they are filling up the 142 seaters in just a couple of days. Do you think that Delta will bring mainline back in though they just pulled out bringing ASA in? Ana any other information...thanks

It will take some time to see where people end up but I think it is rather certain that Baton Rouge will become a much larger city. BTR can't handle on a long-term basis the number of people that are there now so it remains to be seen how much air transportation is actually needed. I think the same thing can be said about other Gulf Coast cities; some will grow while others will not need as much air service.

WorldTraveler said:
It will take some time to see where people end up but I think it is rather certain that Baton Rouge will become a much larger city.  BTR can't handle on a long-term basis the number of people that are there now so it remains to be seen how much air transportation is actually needed.  I think the same thing can be said about other Gulf Coast cities; some will grow while others will not need as much air service.
[post="296944"][/post]​

Actually the mayor and president spoke to each other and Bush said that he would give Baton Rouge all the money it need to make a new Bridge on the north side of the Mississippi River, a bigger airport, and businesses. Just things that the city here really needs, whichs means at least half of the people here are going to stay and with the MSY airport out Baton Rouge will really beef up in population.

Yall all know that Galveston and Houston were the same size in the early 1900's before that hurricane hit :(. And look at what happened to Houston the fourth largest city in the United States!!!

I really think if the airport can find space to extend the runways we might have a great future! :up:

I just noticed that AA has uprgaded to 3 MD80's and some people have said service to ORD will they also start service to BTR- MIA

Also Midwest planes have come in and Trans States Airlines... what do yall think?

AA's additions to BTR are said to be temporary until MSY is fully up and operational, including rental cars and hotels, but I agree that BTR is going to see a lot of businesses moving in that direction.

This may be good for Baton Rouge, but the last time I checked there was no French Quarter there. I hope to God they rebuild New Orleans because it was one of the most unique cities on earth and can never be replaced.

Yea but do yall think people in New Orleans are even gonna be able to live there because everything you need like stores and gas stations, schools, and etc... aren't gonna be taking students. Who is gonna move back to New Orleans when your kids are in school in a city like Baton Rouge. I do wish that New Orleans does get back up and running but this may be the point where Baton Rouge makes its run to be the biggest city in Louisiana. B)

You make some good points. Louisiana needs a rebuilt New Orleans. NO was one of the top convention cities in America. I rarely worked an empty flight down there. There'll be a lot of money lost to the state next year during Mardi Gras. It was an awesome city that I hope can be rebuilt. It may be a logisitcal pipedream to rebuild it, but it sure is worth trying.

Yes that also and Louisiana isn't Louisiana without New Orleans and the Federal Government has promised money to rebuild which is up over 62 billion last i heard :rolleyes:

Yet building the city's economy around tourism and convention business is pretty much recognized as a measure of last resort.

Is there a major US company who still calls New Orleans home?

Back