Military explosive detection dog denied on US flight

that seems reasonable to me .... military/police dogs are often aggressive ... i mean it IS a MILITARY dog ...can't risk it going beserk mid flight ...

Reactions: 1 person
that seems reasonable to me .... military/police dogs are often aggressive ... i mean it IS a MILITARY dog ...can't risk it going beserk mid flight ...

Such dogs are among the very best trained in the world, and I assume this one was traveling with his handler as well. Let's see here; the dog was trained to live and work in some pretty dire and extremely distracting conditions (to say the least) and did so successfully.....Ummm...YOU would be statistically far more likely to go beserk in mid-flight than that dog. ;)

Unless the dog showed unusual signs of agitation; I'd be quite happy to transport such a dog and his handler on any flight. That's not meant to second guess the crew of that flight, since they might have observed issues that concerned them, and/or simply held some personal reservations....

Now, for a bit of reference...300 pound, essentially untrained pigs,....aren't any apparent problem...? ;)

http://www.econ.ucsb...edb/flypig.html

http://wc.arizona.ed...70/01_95_m.html

Reactions: 1 person
Oh come on, it's a dog and it isn't a canine that is performing a service for a handicap human.

...the handler said that the dog sometimes will attack but they are not allowed to discuss the training...

Nothing to see here, now move along :rolleyes:

Oh come on, it's a dog and it isn't a canine that is performing a service for a handicap human.

You're right. That's brilliant! The highly trained dog's duty was merely to keep soldiers in a combat theater from being blown to bits and pieces. As for "...the handler said that the dog sometimes will attack..." So would the handler, and I'd hope any decent military person, when ordered and the situation required.

You're right. That's brilliant! The highly trained dog's duty was merely to keep soldiers in a combat theater from being blown up. As for "...the handler said that the dog sometimes will attack..." So would the handler, and I'd hope any decent military person, when ordered and the situation required.

Peta is that you???

Society has sunk to a new low when it feels that animals have rights in today's society.

The dog's duty was merely to keep soldiers out of harms way in the combat theater. The dog is expendible!!! The animal won't get anymore traumatized by being in a crate in cargo. If you feel strongly about the issue, then perhaps we should do a psychiatric evaluation of the pilot to see why he would refuse A DOG entry on the aircraft.

But lets make a story out of a bomb sniffing dog who went to Afghanistan and wasn't allowed on a plane.

Speaking to cops who handle the local bomb sniffing dogs at airports, these dogs are pretty nervous as they have to be desensitized to loud noise such as bombs. One did attack an airport employee, years ago.