MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL.........

gilbertguy

Senior
Aug 29, 2002
Good news for our 737 pilots....WN will be hiring 200+ pilots in 2003....
IAM gets payraises and stock/benefit boosts for ground service agents....
15.gif'']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/24/2002 9:13:56 AM PineyBob wrote:

Hey let's hope some of those "prima donnas" get hired and totally poison the well and drag morale down to the level of the other majors. Attitude is SWA's Achilles heel, you take away the morale at SWA and you lose one of the main reasons they are successful. When morale goes they will start clamoring for better wages putting more pressure on SWA's margins. In fact I think all furloughed US employees with sh*tty attitudes should go to work for SWA.

Happy Holidays one and all! Just tired from the travel! going to GRR and i have a 2 hour lay over.
----------------
[/blockquote]
WOW! GOOD MORALE=BUSINESS SUCCESS! Go figure!! How about 'treat employees with respect'= Good business success!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/24/2002 9:05:40 AM exagony wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/24/2002 8:49:05 AM gilbertguy wrote:

IAM gets payraises and stock/benefit boosts for ground service agents.... [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif']
----------------
[/blockquote]
I doubt Southwest Airlines will want to hire any of the Prima Donna's from U. Just look at what they did at U, do you really think a REAL airline like Southwest wants to put up with the I am better than thou attitude that comes with many ML pilots?
----------------
WN preforms de-programming seminars and knocks them down a few pegs before they hire them..... [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/24/2002 8:49:05 AM gilbertguy wrote:

IAM gets payraises and stock/benefit boosts for ground service agents.... [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif']
----------------
[/blockquote]
I doubt Southwest Airlines will want to hire any of the Prima Donna's from U. Just look at what they did at U, do you really think a REAL airline like Southwest wants to put up with the I am better than thou attitude that comes with many ML pilots?

The last vote on WN's contract extension shows that about 30% of the pilots are pre madonnas. Most of them were based out of Oakland where much anti-company sentiment seems to exist. A few bad apples out there were whining and thumping there chest on what they thought they deserved led by our OUTGOING union president. Fortunately, 70% of the pilots had a little more vision. I think most of the others are beginning to see the light after the unfortunate events at UAL and U. Of course, you'll always have those that won't drink the Kool Aide, even when you lead em' to it.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/24/2002 10:12:35 AM A320 Driver wrote:

Ran out of things to do, so you decided to do a little pilot bashing huh?

Thanks a lot.

A320 Driver

prima donna....a temperamental or vain person...yeah...that's about right....

You don't even know me. You have no idea how I conduct my professional life, my home life, or my spritual life...but you judge me anyway.

"The greatest obstacle to truth is the illusion of knowledge"

Merry Christmas

A320 Driver

ps Our pension problems are just that...OUR problem. We'll find a solution. It has NOTHING to do with you.

In fact I think all furloughed US employees with sh*tty attitudes should go to work for SWA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For with what judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you"

Bobbby Bobby watch youself, least you fall right into the lap of an U employee and become of the same mind.

ps Our pension problems are just that...OUR problem
-------------------------------------------------------------------

True, but also false as it affects us all unless a solution is reached like now.

PineyBob says:
"Attitude is SWA's Achilles heel..."

Now that's a new spin to the old conventional wisdom.

However, LUV's strength is due to its ability to hire great people first, then great "technicians" second. I'm sure there are plenty of great people at US who are being spun off that will easily conform to LUV's culture, and thus continue to propel it forward in the years ahead.

JetBlue is also hiring a lot of former US employees using the same template. We are more than happy to have them on board since they have made our young airline more capable and vibrant.

An achilles heal it isn't!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/24/2002 10:33:54 AM Speedbird wrote:

PineyBob says:
"Attitude is SWA's Achilles heel..."

Now that's a new spin to the old conventional wisdom.

However, LUV's strength is due to its ability to hire great people first, then great "technicians" second. I'm sure there are plenty of great people at US who are being spun off that will easily conform to LUV's culture, and thus continue to propel it forward in the years ahead.

JetBlue is also hiring a lot of former US employees using the same template. We are more than happy to have them on board since they have made our young airline more capable and vibrant.

An achilles heal it isn't!
----------------
I agree Speed...it's NOT their achilles heal...it's their STRENGH!
9.gif']

ALPA and management are working to find a solution. If there is one, they'll find it. None of us wants this to fail. I just think these personal attacks on the pilot group are counterproductive.

A320 Driver

ALPA and management are working to find a solution. If there is one, they'll find it. None of us wants this to fail. I just think these personal attacks on the pilot group are counterproductive.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my take on pilots in general.

I have heard some of my fellow mechanics say pilots have a problem with big attitudes. Well I say some of my fellow mechanics also have trouble in that area. I have dealt with several pilots on the job mostly with check flights and have found everyone one of them to be very friendly with a good sense of humor making it a fun experience. I believe some of this stuff comes from job envy. Personally I was also a pilot years ago deciding it was not my cup of tea. I found a two minute turn called simple to be otherwise. Flying under the hood with instruments saying I was in a 50 degree bank and not believing them until I looked up, getting lost was way too easy. All this stuff was not fun but actually work I preferred not to perform. I must have made a wise choice because I have never looked back and still don't have the flying desire 33 years later. I gladly leave flying to you guys, although I would love to fly a glider someday for fun.