Misery loves company.

You know, this board reeks of negativity.
How many bitter Tempe posts do we really need? I really would love to sit there and throw up a snotty "already being discussed" every time you people cry and complain about the company, but I'd exhaust myself.

Take some responsibility for your own misery. Haven't you realized that all of your hateful Doug remarks and your hateful Tempe remarks and your snarky little cracks at the west don't mean a drop in the bucket to them? Perhaps we don't agree with what we feel are mistakes in management, but how much control over this do we have? None.

At the end of the day , the only people still miserable are the ones incessantly complaining. Honestly, all this anger can't be good for you.....and posting it on a public forum certainly won't help the airline sell tickets.

Venting is one thing, but wallowing in your misery is guaranteed to keep you there. You can't control everything but you can control your attitude.

A step in the right direction would be to modify your attitude despite management's decisions and help nurse this company back to health.

You could argue that it won't make a difference in the operation, but as long as you're going to clock in anyway it will change you.

If you strive to be extraordinary amid dark surroundings , others will notice and be inspired. Otherwise, why not just save yourself the grief and stop clocking in.

That's just my viewpoint from my 8 year relationship with this company.

How many bitter Tempe posts do we really need? I really would love to sit there and throw up a snotty "already being discussed" every time you people cry and complain about the company, but I'd exhaust myself.

Take some responsibility for your own misery. Haven't you realized that all of your hateful Doug remarks and your hateful Tempe remarks and your snarky little cracks at the west don't mean a drop in the bucket to them? Perhaps we don't agree with what we feel are mistakes in management, but how much control over this do we have? None.

At the end of the day , the only people still miserable are the ones incessantly complaining. Honestly, all this anger can't be good for you.....and posting it on a public forum certainly won't help the airline sell tickets.

Venting is one thing, but wallowing in your misery is guaranteed to keep you there. You can't control everything but you can control your attitude.

A step in the right direction would be to modify your attitude despite management's decisions and help nurse this company back to health.

You could argue that it won't make a difference in the operation, but as long as you're going to clock in anyway it will change you.

If you strive to be extraordinary amid dark surroundings , others will notice and be inspired. Otherwise, why not just save yourself the grief and stop clocking in.

It's like the same five people on here, not the whole company...... Just laugh....

I do wish we had more disparaging, page long witty posts about the "desert crowd" though....Yawn.... :mf_boff:

Wow - lighten up a bit! Seems like you might be taking all of the stuff on this board a bit to seriously. And don't forget - it isn't just employees who post negative things on this board - there are plenty of customers who participate as well.

I actually get amusement from many of the postings on this board - it is hard to believe that people that run a company as big as US can make so many stupid decisions and do so much so wrong most of the time. I think alot of the stuff on this board is quite funny!

It's like the same five people on here, not the whole company......

I do wish we had more disparaging, page long witty posts about the "desert crowd" though....Yawn.... :mf_boff:

it's not just here, it's at work too. I don't like what has happened either, but after a while , the negativity gets exhausting.

I think this airline will survive one way or another. I will also point out that I've consumed lots of caffeine today. Thank you for reading my rant.

This management team deserves every "hateful" and "snarky" remark that comes their way!! You know why people are pissed?? They have lied to the employees, customers, and stockholders over and over again. Have you actually BEEN to the HQ in Tempe? Or are you one of them? They are 20/30 somethings they didnt have hair one between their legs when most of us started and no NOTHING about the airline industry. They think the new Amer...I mean US Airways is the standard! FOOLS!! The folks in Tempe can't make a simple decision like which inflight service procedure to adopt after over 2 years!! Oh and BTW...STILL no glassware on the East FC transcons. STILL!!!

NURSE the company!!! THAT, my friend, is managements job! I can kiss every customers butt until my face is brown, but if the tools aren't there it does no good. Why do people have bad attitudes? Because this BOZO ruined a pretty ok airline out west and made a bad situation WORSE on the east. It takes a real looser to pull THAT off!!.

And just so you know, MANY of us are already extraordinary amid this management guided "dark surrounding". I don't post much here anymore because it CAN be very negative, but I can tell you if I DIDN'T have this board to vent my frustrations out on, someone on the airplane would be the receiver.

As per your last comment about "save yourself the grief and stop clocking in"? That attitude is tired, old, and just stupid!! It is the old reliable when a company or employee sits in denial that there are true problems. If all of us who were over this place left, YOU wouldn't have a job! Instead of being holier than thou with all of us, start a task force to make REAL changes to our cooperate blunders. The "MISERY" isn't the reason US will probably show a loss in Q4 paying their employees the WORST wages in the industry while LUV makes money with the BEST paid! It is incompetence from the TOP floor of the Sandcastle to the BASEMENT!! If YOU really care, have at it. Wallowing in denial is as bad as wallowing in misery!
That's just MY viewpoint from my 21 year relationship with this company AND industry.

8 year relationship huh? Guess you got it all figured out. Put up and shut up and we'll get 'er back on course!

Prior to your coming here we had a hell of an airline. It started with airlines that knew then what Southwest knows now. This quote if from LUV's latest PROFITABLE quarterly statement:

"As we enter 2008, I am pleased with our longer-term prospects and could not be prouder of our Employees. They are the heart and soul of our great Company, and they continue to demonstrate the Warrior Spirit necessary to maintain our industry-leading competitive position and financial strength. Recent Southwest recognitions include receiving the distinctive honor of the Best Domestic Airline award by Travel Weekly. In addition, the Company ranked number one in the airline category of Corporate Research International's customer service survey. Finally, the Company received top ranking in the Zagat Survey of Global Airlines in the categories for Frequent Flyer program and domestic website."

We used to work for people who understood what they understand. Now we don't. Go over to the Southwest part of this website and compare the posts.

Without leadership you have no followership. You have no profitable airline. You have no future. This company is going into the crapper BECAUSE of management and we need to voice that. This website is one avenue to do so. Forgive me if I'm making you uncomfortable because of the complaining. But if you want to work here another 8 years you better consider speaking out also. Maybe the BOD will finally figure it out and dump the dimwits in Tempe. If the employees ALL speak out.

If the sentiments on this boad represent the majority of U employees then the company is even worse off than suspected. Because there is no way a company can succeed with attitudes like this.

The bottom line is if you want to make a change start with yourself.

was it mixed with those mini's again?

baileys.jpg

If the sentiments on this boad represent the majority of U employees then the company is even worse off than suspected. Because there is no way a company can succeed with attitudes like this.

Good point. As an ex-employee, trust me...this forum does NOT reflect the opinions of the majority. What you have here are a couple of handfuls of pissed off people that think they know it all and are armchair CEOs. It's always humorous to read the postings on this board, just take them with a grain of salt!
The majority of employees are hard working and want US to succeed.

Good point. As an ex-employee, trust me...this forum does NOT reflect the opinions of the majority. What you have here are a couple of handfuls of pissed off people that think they know it all and are armchair CEOs. It's always humorous to read the postings on this board, just take them with a grain of salt!

WRONG...there a very disenchanted majority. You are an ex-employee of a small regional airline that was run by people who knew people with enough money who could make their grandious dreams of running an international airline come ture.

Do not pretend you know the opinions of the real majority of the employees of this international airline. You are RIGHT about one thing though....the majority of the front line employees want this company to succeed. They have worked their a$$es off to keep it going when others bailed out. These are some of the hardest working, most knowledgeable and caring employees in this industry. Do not confuse that with satisfication or contentment.

When your loose 1/4 of your pay and those theiving rats in the litterbox give it to themselves and call it a bonus, it tends to piss you off. Anyone should be able to understand that. Unfortunately, the leadership in Tempe believes they can run a international carrier the same as a regional south west carrier. Yes they have made money, but it is only from slashing the wages of the hardest working folks in this company. In return, they have given themselves large million dollar bonuses, given us a second rate reservation system that after millions of dollars of improvements is still sub par, they accept no responsibility for the condition of this company, and they cannot come to an agreement with their work groups because they know it will cut into their million dollar bonus and perk package.

Yes they have made money, but it is only from slashing the wages of the hardest working folks in this company.
I must have missed that. Please educate me on when anyone from Tempe "slashed the wages" of anyone of the new US Airways. IIRC, that was your beloved USAir and it's old management that did that, not Tempe.

I must have missed that. Please educate me on when anyone from Tempe "slashed the wages" of anyone of the new US Airways. IIRC, that was your beloved USAir and it's old management that did that, not Tempe.
You're kidding, right? It was part of BK2 when HP and investment capitalists ground down US for merger. This was an "old management" and Tempe colabration. Take the blinders off. In response to questions when DP was meeting with employees he said that the wages were in line with the business plan of the new US.

As a customer - who for many years was Chairman's Preferred and have had the displeasure to interact with a large number of these supposed "hard working" employees - I would strongly disagree with your statement. And that goes for both sides of the country - not just the East.

It may have been that way when you worked here - but from the customer perpsective it certainly isn't that way anymore - inlcuding the most senior levels of this joke of an airline.

I mean really - making a huge deal out of picking new wine for in flight service - give me a break!