Missing Bag From Phl?

crushed

Senior
May 26, 2003
Visit site
This was just passed down from Managemant yestarday.......
Effective immediately, no cargo delays will be taken.
Cargo doors are to be closed 5 minutes before departure and ONLY re-opened for strollers or wheelchairs. NO jetway bags or late connecting bags are to be taken less then 5 minutes before departure. EVEN IF THE JETWAY IS STILL ON!!
Local management says that this is coming from the VP's office.
Leave bags behind so that you go ontime.
What a joke!
Good luck to the downline baggage reps....it's gonna get worse.

and now let the bag claims pile up up up up and to the point that may be the honco munchos clowns of usairways will have to come and get folks to work for free just like the christmas fiasco!!!

I am glad i am being outsourced June 6. I hear we have another PHL flight to ILM that starts around June 9. The current flights usually arrive late with only carry on 's for the RJ's and a hand full of bags. The remainder of bags usually show up on the terminator mainline flights from CLT hours later.

Please forgive me for my negative post, but it's time to move on. Thank you all for listening.

Last time I checked, when I worked for AA, I got written up for taking late pax for a flight. That shouldn't have changed. If it's gate bags that'll be missing, then, yeah, I agree, you need more help to make sure they get onboard. When I worked flights at the gate, the best move you could do was to be proactive during the whole operation. Whether it was trying to board as early as possible, or hounding people on a full flight to tag their large carry-ons, you found a way to keep ahead. I'm not making excuses for management, but they do not work the flights, you do. You can blame them all you want, but that does not help any situation. Maybe I am being too hard, but it seems that if you're working at US, it's always someone else's fault.

markkus757 said:
When I worked flights at the gate, the best move you could do was to be proactive during the whole operation. Whether it was trying to board as early as possible, or hounding people on a full flight to tag their large carry-ons

[post="262729"][/post]​

This doesnt work too well when folks are going thru PHL. All of our customers know what a fiasco the baggage situation with the company has turned to. No one and I mean NO ONE, wants to check a bag at the gate. It turns into a shouting and name calling mess. Several times we've had to get the Airport Police involved when customers start making threats and cursing at the FA's and Agents.

I've had plenty of people threaten me doing that job. I had to learn how to diffuse the situation so it does not escalate. I also had many people talk about my mother or whatever else. It doesn't mean it gets to you. You are better than that and you can only do what you can do. Let them be mad, just don't give them a reason to be mad at you.