Mitt Romney suggests cutting mortgage interest deduction

xUT

Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
SanFranFreako, KommieFornia
Mitt Romney suggests cutting mortgage interest deduction

DENVER - Offering deficit-cutting ideas before his first debate with President Barack Obama, Mitt Romney says he might be willing to reduce income tax deductions used by millions of families for home mortgage interest and health care costs.

He suggested the changes could be part of a plan that includes a 20 percent cut in tax rates across the board, continuation of upper income tax cuts that Obama wants to end and a comprehensive tax overhaul plan that the Republican presidential contender has so far declined to flesh out in detail. Romney says his overall plans would invigorate the slowly recovering U.S. economy.

Yea, cutting interest deductions will spur housing growth.
What an idiot!
B) xUT

Not to mention that this would increase the tax burden on the middle class even more while decreases in capital gains decreases the burden on the wealthy even more. I am starting to think that Romney is trying to loose.

Reactions: 3 people
Not to mention that this would increase the tax burden on the middle class even more while decreases in capital gains decreases the burden on the wealthy even more. I am starting to think that Romney is trying to loose.
This ID-10T will bury this country.
But I am sure 'his interests' will be just fine.
Certainly not impressed with NoBama, but this clown fest will set us back another 4 years.
B) xUT

It is to gain more tax revenue for US.
When are people going to come to grips with the fact that sacrifice will be made by all to eliminate the blind mindless over spending of the last couple of decades?

It is to gain more tax revenue for US.
When are people going to come to grips with the fact that sacrifice will be made by all to eliminate the blind mindless over spending of the last couple of decades?
Thanks for playing. Nothing to see here, move along.
Take my property deductions at your own peril!
I only have a few and can not get them down to 13% like the rest of the 'elite' can.
Maybe if I had offshore accounts drawing interest and paying capital gains taxes, I would see it differently.
But Hey, I am not running for POTUS.
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
If eliminating the intereste deduction is the first step towards elimination of the Federal Income Tax etirely then great. If it's to raise revenue to support an already debt ridden government then NO.

If eliminating the intereste deduction is the first step towards elimination of the Federal Income Tax etirely then great. If it's to raise revenue to support an already debt ridden government then NO.
Drop 'ALL' deductions and put in a flat tax.
See how many jump on that ship!
B) xUT

Thanks for playing. Nothing to see here, move along.
Take my property deductions at your own peril!
I only have a few and can not get them down to 13% like the rest of the 'elite' can.
Maybe if I had offshore accounts drawing interest and paying capital gains taxes, I would see it differently.
But Hey, I am not running for POTUS.
B) xUT

Do not attack me for your dependency upon the government to make ends meet. Like I said, only a rampant idiotic buffoon will try and dismiss the tax obligations that are coming for all one way or another. You can not see that at all, Sir?

Do not attack me for your dependency upon the government to make ends meet. Like I said, only a rampant idiotic buffoon will try and dismiss the tax obligations that are coming for all one way or another. You can not see that at all, Sir?
When you level the 'tax code' we can discuss.
Gooberment makes the tax code. Are you one of the 'renters' in my neighborhood that voted in a property tax assessment?
Thanks!
B) xUT

Gooberment makes the tax code. Are you one of the 'renters' in my neighborhood that voted in a property tax assessment?
Thanks!
B) xUT

It is not up to me to 'level' the tax code. It is up to us to make it happen. It never will happen and you know it. Why do you attempt to deflect your dependency on mickey mouse tax loopholes as a means of paying the bills to help paying down the US debt that like it or not, you are a big part of?

Thanks!
B) xUT

No, I'm one the ones you pay the rent for. Ask me about my new cell phone, Homie.