Mobile Aerospace

AP Tech

Veteran
Sep 4, 2002
Lastest and greatest from the rumor mill has 8 of the Airbus "S" checks heading for Mobile Ala the beginning of next month, with the work being rerformed by Mobile Aerospace. No word from the fighting Machinists yet! I guess we have to wait till they actually get there and the checks are started. Then the IAM can file one of their almighty injunctions to stop the work. We all know what the result of that will be in our legal system today. Hate to tell all the "yes" voters who voted for "Scope", but many of the "no" voters have already told you what would happen! :down: :down:

I talked to the Maintenance Trainers and they did not go to Mobile, it was two of their managers to went to look at the facility.

AP Tech said:
Lastest and greatest from the rumor mill has 8 of the Airbus "S" checks heading for Mobile Ala the beginning of next month, with the work being rerformed by Mobile Aerospace. No word from the fighting Machinists yet! I guess we have to wait till they actually get there and the checks are started. Then the IAM can file one of their almighty injunctions to stop the work. We all know what the result of that will be in our legal system today. Hate to tell all the "yes" voters who voted for "Scope", but many of the "no" voters have already told you what would happen! :down: :down:
If those "S" checks to get outsourced, what are you going to do about it?! The IAM ain't doing squat, folks. I think their whimpering and hiding over the last year proved that they've got no guts to put up with US Airways management.

So what are you going to do?

Of course, I'm not advocating anything illegal or that would result in injury to persons or property - but a message needs to be sent that mercenary maintenance must stop. Timco, Mobile Aerospace and their kin ARE THE BIGGEST THREAT TO YOUR JOB. Every airline exec gets h---- thinking about moving that work there and getting rid of YOUR job. Face it, we need to unleash hell on US Airways management if they outsource the 'bus work. Hah! Maybe you'll get a job with MDA.....is their hub in Area 51 or something? I haven't seen a damn airplane for "mid-atlantic" - I bet its a ruse to keep ya happy while you're furloughed (which in today's market means permenanly out the door.)

I'm sick of airlines hiring some ghetto hangar in double-wide trailer country to do my work for half the price. "It's just as safe." Yeah....I think there's still a big old bug splatter stain on the side of the hangar in CLT that makes it pretty clear that you get what you pay for when it comes to maintenance.

We need to say no. If the company pulls out the legal magic and manages to buy off a judge or two in order to get out of their contractural obligations- LET THE GAMES BEGIN! Are you going to stand here on this silly message board and cry about how Dave d----- you again? Or are you going to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Again, I'm not saying that we need to hurt people or break stuff, but a nice systemwide flu during Christmas week might be a start. I got the sniffles now just thinking about it.

For those of you in other work groups that think this is just a maintenance issue. The toll bells for you too. Dave is just starting with us. You're next on his list. Just wait until he starts contracting out res to minimum wage numskulls who screw up reservation after reservation. Imagine the fun when you have former prisoners and welfare enrolees checking in your flights for a no-name business that we contracted with last week. Hell, that'll make the PHL Express Agents look like bona-fide experts in the field. Imagine when we have contracted out flight attendants, ones who forget which airline they're flying for and probably will quit next week. (No joke, on a Chataqua flight about four years ago, the f/a forgot she wasn't flying on another express company and used their announcement in flight. It was pretty funny.)

Again, we get what we pay for. Remember, as I've said for years now, DAVE WANTS YOUR JOB. Seeing how Mr. Seagle's generous yearly salary could have kept me on the US Air payroll for my entire career, I can't wait to see him go. Teach Dave what happens when he isn't labor friendly. Or are you scared? :up: :shock:

N513AU said:
Again, I'm not saying that we need to hurt people or break stuff, but a nice systemwide flu during Christmas week might be a start. I got the sniffles now just thinking about it.

For those of you in other work groups that think this is just a maintenance issue. The toll bells for you too. Dave is just starting with us. You're next on his list. Just wait until he starts contracting out res to minimum wage numskulls who screw up reservation after reservation. Imagine the fun when you have former prisoners and welfare enrolees checking in your flights for a no-name business that we contracted with last week.
First off, I understand your frustration, but screwing up MY holidays by screwing up US Airways aint gonna matter jack to Dave and CO. Its just going to make your coworkers lives hell for that week and get them po'd at you. Chalk another one up for the guys at the top.....you gotta think of another way to get it across to them...then again, seeing how the past years CS has taken the brunt of screwed up holidays (Sabre cutover, summer maint fiasco cancellations and the monthly end of crew shortages) why should this year be any different.

As far as Dave starting with maintenance, I'm afraid you guys are WAAAY behind the curve on this one.
US.COM
Kiosks
Skycaps doing boarding passes
Express yourself

Been there, still doing it....... :down: