PIT-BWI
PIT-BUF
PIT-RSW (this is mainline)
PIT-MHT (again)
PIT-ROC
PIT-SEA (also mainline)
PIT-PBI (also mainline)
PIT-AVP

PIT-SYR seems to lose 2 frequencies, from 4 to 2. PIT-ORD loses one daily mainline, leaving one plus 2 RJ's. PIT-ALB, PIT-YYZ, PIT-EWR, PIT-PVD, and PIT-MDT all lose one daily frequency with three remaining. PIT-ERI goes from 3 to 2. SEA may only be for the winter(like past 2 years), everything else seems to be gone for good. With this, US is down to 137 departures, 36 mainline. Doesn't seem like enough traffic to supprt most of these routes, but I am surprised PBI and RSW aren't doing well.

[quote name='smoot4208' date='May 14 2007, Doesn't seem like enough traffic to supprt most of these routes, but I am surprised PBI and RSW aren't doing well.
[/quote]
It ranks right up there w/ Cincinnati.

PIT-AOO
PIT-BWI
PIT-BUF
PIT-RSW (this is mainline)
PIT-MHT (again)
PIT-ROC
PIT-SEA (also mainline)
PIT-PBI (also mainline)
PIT-AVP

PIT-SYR seems to lose 2 frequencies, from 4 to 2. PIT-ORD loses one daily mainline, leaving one plus 2 RJ's. PIT-ALB, PIT-YYZ, PIT-EWR, PIT-PVD, and PIT-MDT all lose one daily frequency with three remaining. PIT-ERI goes from 3 to 2. SEA may only be for the winter(like past 2 years), everything else seems to be gone for good. With this, US is down to 137 departures, 36 mainline. Doesn't seem like enough traffic to supprt most of these routes, but I am surprised PBI and RSW aren't doing well.
We still have 36 mainline in PIT? Overkill.

I wouldn't get too worked up over the loss of RSW and PBI flights; I imagine they'll be back again in the fall.

Where did this information come from? And when is it supposed to begin?

Most (or all) of these cuts are already loaded in the US schedule.

PIT-AOO ends July 6.
PIT-ROC and PIT-AVP end June 2.
PIT-RSW becomes Saturday-only (737-300) starting June 2.
PIT-PBI ends June 2.

PIT-MHT and PIT-PWM were scheduled to re-start this summer but have since been pulled.

PIT-SEA and PIT-SAN are still showing as 3 or 4x weekly (each) this summer, but will only run through July 6.

I'm not sure about BWI and BUF. They still appear, though those cuts may not have been loaded yet.

I'm not sure about BWI and BUF. They still appear, though those cuts may not have been loaded yet.

The last day for BWI and BUF is July 7th. There will probably be more cutbacks when Air Midwest pulls out of the EAS markets unless Colgan decides to step in.

Look for major expansion from SWA here in the near future....

I doubt it. WN has had all the space and time necessaryto expand. It seems that PIT is low to nonexistant on the totem pole compared to DEN,SFO,and PHL.

Get used to it and you'll sleep better

PIT-BWI gone? Geez, it took what, 3 months from the LUV entry to market exit on US' part.

Amazing.

With WN $39 fares each way, I doubt US wanted to compete.

As a business flyer living in PIT, it's harder and harder to stay with US. I just priced flights in July PIT/SFO, the non-stops are $765 roundtrip and most of the seats are empty. Low cost carrier? They are never going to fill seats at that price.

You can bet the farm, WN will be adding more flights soon. Especially in the Florida market. From past experience, US gives its markets to WN on a silver platter.