Not open for further replies.

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Reactions: 2 people
Like I said before:

MEM:DL = PIT:US

As someone that used to work there when it was really hopping, these cuts are tough to watch. People can make as many economic points as they want- and E's point about needing airframes is quite likely valid- it still bums me out.

It's also my understanding that we no longer have our own tower there anymore...

Reactions: 1 person
downsizing hubs doesn't work unless there is a significant local market on the segments that are retained. MEM does not have it.
CVG does.

Less of providing shells for SEA, many of the MEM cuts are because CRJs are leaving the system. SkyWest said that ExpressJet predominantly will lose about 150 aircraft over the next 18 months.

accuracy requires including this from the article which defies the definition of "slashing":

"Delta will be adding two Memphis flights to the airline's global hub in Atlanta.

“Clearly, they're trying to push more people through Atlanta,” said Brockman.

"While Delta is eliminating some flights, the number of available seats on Delta flights will actually increase, because the airline will be adding larger flights to its fleet."

regardless of what his comments are  the fact is DL folks are losing their jobs and Im quite sure a DL cheerleader will be along the way in saying how wonderful it is for DL and horrendous for all other airlines..  plain n  simple     

Reactions: 4 people
where was your concern for all of the lost jobs regarding AA/US' recent announcements int'l route announcements?

"take the log out of your own eye in order to remove the speck from the other person."

700UW said:
Seasonal cuts, are not cutting jobs, big difference.
Where was your outrage for UA CLE?

AA STL?

HP CMH?

US PIT under your very own IAM

and soon enough AA/US in CLT mark my words.

Josh

WorldTraveler said:
Less of providing shells for SEA, many of the MEM cuts are because CRJs are leaving the system. SkyWest said that ExpressJet predominantly will lose about 150 aircraft over the next 18 months.
While generally true, MEM-DEN is flown with a CR9, which aren't leaving.    MEM-AUS is flown with an ERJ145, which are among the small jets making their early departure.      

CLT will not see the PIT type of cuts    also our new TA states NO FURLOUGHS   Take that to the bank.    Overseas we don't normally employee our own FSAs  though I cld be wrong on that.     Either way  a cut is a cut and at DL they don't have as much of a recourse as US AA UA etc  

Reactions: 2 people
DL has a far better track record of protecting its employees in downturns that US ever did.

There are ample stats to show that.

IN your outrage you also missed the fact that DL is adding MORE seats than what is being removed. DL is essentially shifting flights from Delta Connection to Delta Mainline.

DL mainline flights are operated by Delta Air Lines employees.

There is MORE work coming for DL employees, not less. DL still has dozens of 717s and 739ERs coming online in the coming years. DL's fleet plan continues to be to remove DCI flying and replace it with DL mainline aircraft which ARE operated by DL employees.

Get the facts and understand before showing up trying to stir up the pot. It just backfired in your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.