More moneymaking ideas- who thought this up?

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
Effective Mar 11, all garment bags are to be checked in a garment box or signed for with a limited liability waiver. Good news is we have boxes for this, bad news is its going to cost you $25 for one! Yikes. I am truly embarrassed to work for this company again. Whoever keeps thinking up these ideas needs to get out of the office once in a while. We keep dumbing down the airline, nickel and diming people and the whole time we''re getting worse on policies than the very airlines management is screaming are eating our lunch. Wonder why?!
15.gif'']

so what goes in the coat closet now? Just coats? I'm sure MR CHPR and MR GOLD PREF is gonna love this one, waiting for his/her garment bag at the baggage carousel,.....bye bye MR CHPR to OA..and bye bye USAIRWAYS..to BK!
!!!!!!!(2 more huge sev. chks and I'm free of this madness)!!!!!!!!!You can keep the flight bennys Davey.

Hey BEN!! Did you think this one up too?????? Pay toilets are next so I'd better start bringing my own toilet paper just to be safe.

U needs to get rid of BEN and his cronies in marketing. They are going to drive PAX right into the seats of the other airlines.

Next thing you know they will charge for the shuttle from B/C terminal to F terminal in PHL!!

One would assume that the garment box is required only if the passenger CHOOSES to check the bag. At least one HOPES this is the case.

Another ridiculous thing is getting rid of the music on transcons. Not only is there no music, but it appears that there is no maintenance being done on video systems on 757's either-on 2 of the last 757 transcons (LAS), the video system wouldn't track properly, so NO movie.

Instead of saving the $5.00 per flight that canning the music results in, why don't they get the $35M back from the three stooges???

By the way, great job by my fine friends at US both Saturday night and last night, despite the snow and the involuntary reroute to LGA.

FWIW, the Express Agents in PHL have a lot to learn from their main line counterparts.

Keep up the great work!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/7/2003 2:51:23 PM phillyguy wrote:

Next thing you know they will charge for the shuttle from B/C terminal to F terminal in PHL!!
----------------
[/blockquote]

The bus drivers would appreciate exact change or the proper SEPTA token to ensure timely service.

Preferred members of the Dividend Miles program may use e-tokens to sit near the front of the bus. Please check usairways.com for your current e-token bank balance.

If you wish to take a different bus on the same day of travel, you must purchase non-refundable coupons on certain bus fares. Please note that the "flat tire rule" may not be considered if a substitute bus is made available within 2 hours of being stranded by a bus with a flat tire.

9.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/7/2003 2:50:15 PM tadjr wrote:

No you wont be forced to check the garment bag. The requirements are for those who want to check them in and not carry them onboard.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Gee tad thanks, wish you had been more clear in your original topic.You left it up to one's imagination to believe ALL GARMENT BAGS had to be checked,,with this company you never know if something like that would have been true new procedure.

Uh, well Mr. Customer, I can sell you a garmet box for $25 so our ramp rats don't ruin you bag. Oh you have a bike, that box is only $15. Twice the cardboard for almost half the price. Who said good things come in small packages ?

I would bet that next week we will hear another "we changed our mind statement" We just wanted to see if our customers were paying attention.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/7/2003 6:48:58 PM ClueByFour wrote:

Guess my garment bag will be riding in a bike box if it needs to be checked.

What foolishness.
----------------
[/blockquote]
bike box is cheaper..but is also oversize..catch 22.....

[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/7/2003 11:07:44 PM gilbertguy wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

No you wont be forced to check the garment bag. The requirements are for those who want to check them in and not carry them onboard.
----------------
How much for the cardboard box that requires you be a physicist to fold the bottoms together?
----------------
[/blockquote]

no charge for the box....assembly $15.00

[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
How much for the cardboard box that requires you be a physicist to fold the bottoms together?