More New Saturday Nonstops

weatherman

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
PVD - FLL
MDT - MCO
BWI - MCO

I am very happy to see PVD-FLL nonstop. I hope this flight becomes daily! These flight begin June 12 and appear to be year round service.

Maybe soon they will catch on that there are still a few of us US customers left here in BOS that would jump on a nonstop to FL. Fares on the nonstops from Song and Jetblue aren't necessarily all that cheap on many of the dates I've checked. I'd rather give US the business.

mbmbbost said:
Maybe soon they will catch on that there are still a few of us US customers left here in BOS that would jump on a nonstop to FL. Fares on the nonstops from Song and Jetblue aren't necessarily all that cheap on many of the dates I've checked. I'd rather give US the business.
I think it was a bad decision to pull nonstop from BOS and NY to FL, but I think it would be tough for US to jump back into those markets. The competition is very fierce between DL, JetBlue, and AA. I think US is smart to offer nonstops to FL from smaller markets where they still have a strong customer base and only have to compete with SW. US offers a much supperior product to that of SW and can easily take market share in these markets. I hope they continue to give SW a run for their money in PVD, but it is going to be a tough fight. Saturday nonstops to MCO and FLL are a step in the right direction to keep frequent flyers on US.

weatherman said:
I think it was a bad decision to pull nonstop from BOS and NY to FL, but I think it would be tough for US to jump back into those markets. The competition is very fierce between DL, JetBlue, and AA. I think US is smart to offer nonstops to FL from smaller markets where they still have a strong customer base and only have to compete with SW. US offers a much supperior product to that of SW and can easily take market share in these markets. I hope they continue to give SW a run for their money in PVD, but it is going to be a tough fight. Saturday nonstops to MCO and FLL are a step in the right direction to keep frequent flyers on US.
I don't think US would have trouble filling a limited number of nonstops during the peak season and not necessarily at heavily discounted prices. There are still plenty of people here in BOS that would favor US. I think it's important to meet their needs to retain market share. These are many of the same people that fly a lot of other places on US. And I think nobody would fault US for pulling some of the same nonstops during the slower season.

Since Saturdays are the toughest day of the week to fill airplanes.....in part because of the ridiculous Sat overnight stay fare rules.....the company is exploring ways to better utililze aircraft on off peak days. Hence the announcements of new Sat point-to-point service. Great idea......long over due.

Who knows what the possibilities would be if we were to actually add the 60 a/c to the fleet that the companyi s dangling in front of ALPA. Could we see routes such as BDL, PVD, BOS, MHT to MCO, FLL, SJU, AUA, LAX? Could we see additional point-to-point flying on weekends from SYR, BUF, ROC to LAS, TPA, MIA?

MarkMyWords said:
the announcements of new Sat point-to-point service. Great idea......long over due.

Who knows what the possibilities would be if we were to actually add the 60 a/c to the fleet that the companyi s dangling in front of ALPA. Could we see routes such as BDL, PVD, BOS, MHT to MCO, FLL, SJU, AUA, LAX? Could we see additional point-to-point flying on weekends from SYR, BUF, ROC to LAS, TPA, MIA?
Um, MMW

In case you have forgotten, we <i>used to</i> do this just before Mssrs. Wolf and Gangwal got here and started the great funnel through PHL.

It seems that every rotation of managers suddenly makes all that was old new again. Then gets a tidy bonus. It has been discussed here repeatedly.

As to the 60 airplanes, those would be replacements for the current Boeing fleet, not additions to the fleet count. Wishing it were won't make it so.

Umm, Flynomore.....

When did we ever fly from PVD-LAX or SJU? When did we ever fly BDL-AUA or LAS? How about SYR-LAS? ROC-SJU?

Yes we did do PVD and MHT-MCO as a competitve response to WN, but we never did anything about that cost structure of the airline and lost our assetes. Chagne the fare structures coupled with the changes in cost structure and add the appropriate airplane (not the gas guzzling 732) and you have a plan that may work.

As for the 60 airplanes.....everything that I have seen written calls them ADDITIONAL aircraft, not replacement aircraft. What kind of carrot to ALPA would it be to keep the mainline fleet count at 279 (give or take a few timed out S check airbuses)?

While we're at it lets not forget ISP--we used to have ISP-MCO and it was always full. It would be a great stab at WN here at ISP.

Of course I write this from the CLT club--having been here during the snow today.

Great job CLT team--I got in early and am leaving on time. My compliments to you all......

Latest posts