JAMAKE1

Veteran
Feb 15, 2003
SFO to DAB
Visit site
Press Release Source: United Airlines

United Airlines Announces New Ted Flights to Select Sun Destinations
Thursday May 26, 9:00 am ET
Service to Florida, California, Mexico and the Caribbean Comprises Part of 20 Percent Fleet Expansion Unveiled in March
Begins September 7, 2005

CHICAGO, May 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- United Airlines today announced that beginning September 7, 2005, and continuing through the fall, it will launch new Ted(SM) service to popular destinations in the U.S., Mexico and the Caribbean, comprising part of its previously announced 20 percent fleet expansion. Additional routes to be served by Ted's fleet expansion will be announced in the future.
The multi-route launch meets increasing customer demand for Ted service in these markets, and represents a conversion of several United mainline routes to Ted, as well as one route that is brand new to United. As announced in March, nine Airbus 320 aircraft are being converted from United to the Ted configuration to provide this service.

"We've had such positive customer response to Ted in the last year, along with strong financial and operational results, prompting us to continue to launch Ted service in markets with significant low-fare demand," says Sean Donohue, vice president-Ted and United Express. "We're pleased to provide our customers additional options for a sun-drenched fall or winter vacation on Ted to great destinations in the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean. Ted customers may also enjoy travel within the United States with this new service, and connect to United's greater route network."

Effective September 7, 2005, Ted will offer roundtrip service between San Francisco and Ontario, California, twice daily. This service is brand new to United, and does not represent a conversion of an existing mainline route to Ted.

-- Also effective September 7, 2005, the following roundtrip service will
be available on Ted, unless otherwise specified:
Denver to Miami Twice daily
Washington Dulles to Miami Twice daily
Los Angeles to Phoenix Twice daily on Ted
Four times daily on United Express®

-- Effective October 2005, the following roundtrip service will be
available on Ted:
Once daily, effective Oct. 23
Chicago O'Hare to San Juan, Puerto Rico
Chicago O'Hare to Miami Twice daily, effective
Oct. 31

-- Effective November 15, 2005, the following roundtrip service will be
available on Ted:
Denver to Cancun Once daily
Washington Dulles to Cancun Once daily

-- Effective December 18, 2005, the following roundtrip service will be
available on Ted:
Washington Dulles to San Juan, Puerto Rico Once daily

I am pleased to see United re-enter the SFO-ONT market. The route has been left unserved following United Shuttle's withdrawl shortly after 9/11.

Great to see us re-enter the PHX-LAX market with the A320s. There are about 1000 pilots and flight attendants of all airlines who make that commute. Especially for the UAL guys and gals, having those extra seats and jumpseats will be a welcomed relief. These 2 TED flights are replacing 2 UAX flights and will add 212 additional seats a day to the market. Hopefully we can steal some market share from Southwest and AM West.

Its nice that Ua is replacing much of its Miami traffic with TED but what about West Palm Beach? TED flies to FLL and now MIA but Palm Beach is also an important market, not to UA. PBI is lucky to have two flights to O'Hare in the winter and none to Washington Dulles. How about TED from PBI to IAD & ORD?

Wait a minute. I though Boyd said that Ted was a big waste of time and doomed to be a failure at UAL? But all those analysts- they said that Ted was a bust for UAL? Is it possible that all the naysayers were wrong? Nah.....

What a country!!

Only in federal bankruptcy court can a guilty debtor ignore their creditors in favor of shellacking out more bucks to repaint the place and buy some new curtains.

Oh yeah --- and provide better connections for the freebies from PHX-LAX.

Jake Brace is my hero!

Certainly the creditors would agree, yes?

Show the STATS and the MONEY PLEASE!!!! :up: AKA UniTED SHUTTLE, PERIOD!

You can throw some paint and a new interior in a plane but it's still the same old UniTED SHUTTLE!!!! :up:

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!! :shock:

Is any of this additional TED flying to cover the B767s that are leaving the fleet this week? I know a huge size difference, but with the 5 or so planes leaving, some domestic a/c may have to be rotated to international service now. Just wondering............

Hopefully TED can attract more revenue away from F9, so Fish can get his paycut too! :D Ok, that was 'smallish' of me....just enough revenue so the only employee at F9 who gets a paycut is Fish--that's better. :up:

Rat,

As a matter of fact F9 was just yesterday up-graded again to a buy. Actually I guess TED isn't really hurting F9 as much as they'd like! Even the stats from the state of the air line here showed that over the past 5 years UniTED has lost 20% of the local pacs to DENVERS hometown air line FRONTIER:)

Our losses this past quarter were half of what everyone was speculating. And some even see F9 reaching profitablility in 2006 :) I'd bet you some money RAT that UniTED will still be losing 10 MIL a day for some time to come! Even with your pension termination and your pay cuts! They just aren't doing enough to lower the structural costs at UniTED. That is what they should have concentrated on in the first place. But they knew they could beat down the employees again, just as they did for EFLOP.

Wasn't UA loss for the month of April $124 million, meaning they are losing aroung $4 million a day, not $10 million a day. With the new wage cuts, I think UA will be profitable all summer long.

Latest posts