More On Concessions

tug_slug

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Concessions

To help achieve the four cents a mile savings, US Airways proposed that labor groups grant concessions equal to roughly two cents a mile. According to the presentation, employees would grant concessions equal to 0.9 cents a mile in wages , 0.7 cents a mile in productivity gains and another 0.4 cents in wage cuts .

The IAM has not met with the company, the CWA met with the company nad refused to sign the confidentiality agreement and proposed one that would let them tell thier members all non-financial matters that were discussed and the company refused.

The AFA met with the company on 2/11.

It would be amazing if a reported would use the facts.

Whats the purpose in not signing an agreement? Sounds like a tactic just to aggrevate.... We dont need the out beans spilled whats left of them have already been tossed out there. Just another sad tactic that bot sides play. Just get on with the buisness at hand !

usfliboi said:
Whats the purpose in not signing an agreement? Sounds like a tactic just to aggrevate.... We dont need the out beans spilled whats left of them have already been tossed out there. Just another sad tactic that bot sides play. Just get on with the buisness at hand !
You are just never happy are you?

The CWA wanted to be able to inform their members on what the transforamtion plan contained, except any confidential financial information. The company said no, they did not want any information told to the CWA members.

The CWA was trying to do their job and INFORM their members.

Can you not see that?

Funny how it is in the NY Times today for the whole world to see and the company can't even tell its own employees.

usfliboi said:
Fliboi are you CWA? If not, then it shouldnt matter to you. As a CWA member I want to THANK my union for telling me whats going on. I agree with the competition part of the confidentiality agreement and have no problems with that being kept quiet, but I want to be informed and know whats coming down the pike. I know enough people at work living in a haze and I dont want to be one of them. If I need to start planning for more cuts or other changes, I WANT TO KNOW ASAP! It sounds like a stall tactic to me on the part of the company. Whats so secret that the employees arent supposed to know? I saw the blacked out portion (by the company) of the latest CWA news and now I know why the company doesnt want the beans spilled. :shock:

There are certain things you will not know and should not know. 700uw im not the one who is 100% negative on here. THATS A FACT!!! Its none of our buisness when it comes to certain factual information. As a union member , you pay hefty dues rates and elect reps to make certain calls. They need to be willing to make those tough calls and pay a price if they make the wrong call . They will sign the agreement they have no choice. This bucking the chest stuff just delays and since none of us are in any position to demand anything ( other than keep the doors open once we have given again) all we can do is try and cooperate and protect what few members we have left in small ways since thats about all unions at this point can do is bark and watch... LOL Both sides cant pouce the chest stuff ! Get these things out of the way before it s way too late if not already!!!!

usfliboi said:
There are certain things you will not know and should not know. 700uw im not the one who is 100% negative on here. THATS A FACT!!! Its none of our buisness when it comes to certain factual information. As a union member , you pay hefty dues rates and elect reps to make certain calls. They need to be willing to make those tough calls and pay a price if they make the wrong call . They will sign the agreement they have no choice. This bucking the chest stuff just delays and since none of us are in any position to demand anything ( other than keep the doors open once we have given again) all we can do is try and cooperate and protect what few members we have left in small ways since thats about all unions at this point can do is bark and watch... LOL Both sides cant pouce the chest stuff ! Get these things out of the way before it s way too late if not already!!!!
I totally disagree with this!

Why do we need unions if the results are to give pay and benefits cuts every six months.

You are either afraid to death of your job, your abilities, a company person or confused.

usfliboi,

Why are you so eager to accept everything that management pumps out? Why is that?

You are more than eager to sell-out ALL of your supposed co-workers here , as long as it means that you might still have a future here? Why is that?

You seem eager to accept concessions in "Whatever" form they maybe presented? without knowing what is actually expected , or hoped to be gained from this proposed 3rd round of concesions Why is that?

You are quick to jump on the management support bandwagon without having seen a defined plan to correct our problems. Why is that?

You easily accept managements call for our W2 and Benefit reductions in hopes of competing with the LCC's...yet you never call for our leaders to be held to the same standard as that of their LCC counterparts. Why is that?

I think you need to fess up to what you are..and what you really represent in life...until then? Your credibilty is foundering at best.

Maybe you are foolish enough to just open your wallet to someone whom has nothing to give you in return? Charity is one thing...Stupidity is another !!

I think the results and the broken promises after concessions rounds 1 and 2 should serve as a burning example of just how clueless our so-called leadership really is. How little are you willing to work for?...and how many more here need to be cast to the breeze before you to wake up. A claim to be awake in light of all that has taken place in the last two years is as good as an admission to not being part of the laboring workforce to me.

You and USA320Pilot can give until you bleed from the eye-sockets.

Without seeing a defined plan or any security langauge , the answer is NO.

Until I see a plan and a leadership group that is willing to accept the same sacrifices that is being alluded too for me. I say NO to you and them...or am I saying NO to one in the same? :lol:

hammerhead said:
AOG, what airline did you work for before this one?
I can't claim to work for this one..or that one. That is if you have been keeping with policies?

But rest assured U or brand X is not my first airline job ...or my first trek in aviation in general :p :D

First and foremost AOG let me make it clear to you and your buds..... Im not here to gain credibilty from you or anyone else on this board. What i say is my opinion just as yours is yours. This is not about management vs employee or employee vs management as you would have it , it is deeper and more rooted. The Management team has made many mistakes and will again, and you will give again like we all have and will. In one form or another , you will give my friends whether its here and now with this airline or sold and have it done then. ITs simple isnt it? Dont you see that ? Some would like to believe that surely this dude isnt a usairways employee ! Wow this guy is nuts. He actually can do the same job as many and still have faith? WOW He can remain positive. ???????? WOW He doesnt look to his union as a savior? WOW He doesnt actually need this company to survive? I do not have the debt that many have on here. I was taught a lesson back in 1989 right after the merger. NEVER depend on a company for your future. ITS ABOUT MONEY FOR THEM >!!! ITs about making money for US! Guess who has always (and always will) come first ! SHareholders....Investors! I knew then to watch what i spend and since that horrible day that one sad misguided man bought the best airline this country has seen since and dismantled it, things have never been the same. The day that richmond VA catering tossed every single item off the plane in the name of this is the way it is done i knew to watch it. I knew to watch it when our company would Delay a n aircraft to remove the speed bird ( 2hrs ) I knew to watch it... Instant MAJOR raises for every one!!! major sced changes with crews!!! ( HEY WE GET TO CHOOSE OUR TRIPS?) major hiring etc all to be un done not even one year later . Yes the writing has been on the wall since 1989, it has all been down hill since. Dave did not create the shambles, the mess,and the box its placed itself in that our company is in . Its one of greed over time and yours truly with its union leading the way of taking more raises ,and money and less productivity all in the name of me me me me . Oh my friend i know all about this airline. Ive lived it, worked it, breathed it ! I blame the management in the past ! Do i like what is happening? ? NOPE! ! In the end .... was there enough done to save it. Well we will soon find out wont we.? Preach to me and others all you want. Most employees at this company cares less about our union or the POLITICS between both the company and unions. They want a job !!!!!!!!! They are here not because of the money for the most part but because of the industry. An industry that has changed and gone.

AOG-N-IT said:
I can't claim to work for this one..or that one. That is if you have been keeping with policies?

But rest assured U or brand X is not my first airline job ...or my first trek in aviation in general :p :D
Hammerhead: First I didn't know one needed to be qualified to a certain degree in aviation to post on here. And, if you simply read his posts it's obvious he has been around the block in aviation, if anything it shows YOU have no clue if you don't understand or misconstrue his postings.