More Us Airways Baggage Woes

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
More US Airways Baggage Woes
PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT-February 20, 2005 — More baggage problems plagued for passengers of US Airways during the weekend.
The passengers were left waiting at Philadelphia International Airport. They were people getting back from Costa Rica. They ended up waiting at least three hours for their bags to be loaded off the plane.

More PHL Baggage Problems

Nope, never will they learn.
BAD MISTAKES, they think cutting and cutting will SAVE $$$$,think again!

Dumber then a Box of Rocks!

Please....

One woman had to wear a bathing suit for the rehearsal dinner for her wedding because her bags were delayed.

What happened to the clothes she wore on the plane? Drama.

Not to belittle the fact that there are still PHL issues, but gimme a break.

Thought the free TV giveaways were going to solve the problems! When will management ever learn. You can't run a hub without proper staffing and without wages, it won't happen. Those of us who are here, we still do our job to try to make this comany last. But what is next?

workngd said:
Thought the free TV giveaways were going to solve the problems! When will management ever learn. You can't run a hub without proper staffing and without wages, it won't happen. Those of us who are here, we still do our job to try to make this comany last. But what is next?
[post="249440"][/post]​

You are wrong.. Of course you can run a hub they way they do. Just ask
Jerry Glass and USA320.. In their minds if the company could just oursource
all of those jobs the problem would go away.

Remember USA320 and Jerry both feel that every job at US Airways should be outsourced except theirs!!!

And I wonder.. Does Southwest have these problems in PHL? HMMMMM..

Friend of mine told me he flew U and they lost his bags...U used a local delivery service to deliver this man’s found bag….The delivery service lost his bag….!!!

He called U and said, “ Where’s my bag..??†U said, the delivery service lost your bag again and since they had it last you’ll have to deal with them. He told them that he paid money to fly on the plane and gave his luggage to U, they were ultimately responsible.

U stated….Sorry, we are not and you’ll have to deal with the delivery service..!!!

Needless to say…U just lost him as a customer. (Forever)

SL

The Soloution to the problem that management refuses to accept.

Each gate always staffed with at least 3 agents 4 for 757/321 . They always operate at below mininium numbers any patch work the company has tried to fill doesnt come close to bringing staff levels up to proper numbers.

Each gate has postioned and assigned ground equipment such as 2 beltloaders
4 bag carts 2 frieght cart and two tugs for crews assigned to each gate.
When a flight comes in the planes sits unparked and then unworked due to lack of personel and no equipment on the gate. Agents have to walk around hunting for equipment beltloaders tugs carts which takes alot of time.

The transfer bag department should be fully staffed every day with one tug assigned to each employee so if youy have 50 employees you have 50 tugs! The workers work at below miniums on staffing every day they then are assigned to meet inbound flights to pick up connecting bags and then transfer them to connecting flights ,workers have to wait in line by taking numbers to get a tug because they only have 10 or 15 tugs running to go pick up the bags. In some cases the bags are piling up on the ramp on the ground due to lack of carts. When the runners get to the gate the are rushing to make connections and most cases miss connnections due to lack of time that was wasted by above problems.

Each international gate should have 1 K-loader and plenty of containers
The international guys are getting crushed with flights which come in and there are not enough loaders to work all the flights so planes sit which means delayed bags.

All outbound bag rooms should have 8 agents on each belt to handle the excessive oveweighted bags the run the system. Each Belt should have 2 tugs assigned to each belt with plenty of carts on hand in case of weather or belt breakdowns.

General George Patton said the main things that won the world war 2 in Europe was the soldier and the equipment it had.

Management should take some advice from General Patton overstaff PHilly with Equipment and Personel it will then win the war!

Thanks for setting me straight justaumechanic. You are right. But what the heck I don't fly airplanes so what do I know. Can't wait to see the days of old when the flyboys had to check their own oil and load their cargo. Poor ole Tom and Ed must be saying "what have they done to my company?". :shock:

Probally before your time. Remember, I said it was the days of past but it does look like this is where the future is bringing us. At least what some want anyway.

Libertybell -

Excellent post. If you don't have the resources (employees and equipment) you will not get the job done properly.