More woes for Airbus?

Sat Jul 22, 1:58 PM ET
BERLIN (AFP) - New problems have been detected on Airbus's giant A380 super jumbo jet, adding to the woes of the fledging aircraft which is already afflicted with wiring problems.

Problems with section 19 of the fuselage were detected during trial flights in Toulouse, southern France, according to an internal Airbus document, the weekly Der Spiegel reported in its edition which goes on sale Monday.

No details were given on the nature of the problem.

The European aircraft manufacturer decided in early March to reinforce section 19, the aft cone of the fuselage, Der Spiegel reported.

Deliveries of the A380, the biggest commercial aircraft in the world, have been severely delayed.

The European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS), which owns 80 percent of Airbus announced in June that deliveries would be delayed by six to seven months because of a production problem involving wiring connections.

Only nine of the aircraft would be delivered in 2007, seriously affecting the EADS's financial results.

The double-decker plane is designed to carry 555 to 840 passengers, about 35 percent more than the Boeing B747. To date, 16 airline companies have ordered 168 of the super jumbo jets.

Source: yahoo

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060722/wl_uk...panyeadsgermany

Dont work the ramp, this is a us airways message board, not airbus.

And this has what to do with US Airways?
I'd think the problems Airbus is having with the A380 and certainly the A350 could potentially trickle down through the production of the A320 series. Airbus is clearly preoccupied with the A380 and A350. If Boeing is planning some new type of aircraft to replace the B737 using 787 technology, then come 2012-2020, US Airways could be flying some very out dated aircraft. If I recall correctly Boeing already has a back order for the 787 through 2012. The earliest Airbus is suppose to have the A350 ready for delivery is 2012-15. And that's if Airbus satisfies the airlines with a design equal or better to the 787. Doesn't US Airways have all of its eggs in the Airbus basket? It appears Boeing is now producing and planning the superior product. Even now airlines flying Boeing aircraft can further improve Boeing's older tehnology, the 737 and 757, by simply installing winglets.

I'd think the problems Airbus is having with the A380 and certainly the A350 could potentially trickle down through the production of the A320 series. Airbus is clearly preoccupied with the A380 and A350. If Boeing is planning some new type of aircraft to replace the B737 using 787 technology, then come 2012-2020, US Airways could be flying some very out dated aircraft. If I recall correctly Boeing already has a back order for the 787 through 2012. The earliest Airbus is suppose to have the A350 ready for delivery is 2012-15. And that's if Airbus satisfies the airlines with a design equal or better to the 787. Doesn't US Airways have all of its eggs in the Airbus basket? It appears Boeing is now producing and planning the superior product. Even now airlines flying Boeing aircraft can further improve Boeing's older tehnology, the 737 and 757, by simply installing winglets.
should be interesting.

i think that the 787 would look pretty cool with US colors. Also I think US should do something until they can get a hold of the A-350 or 787 if they're to continue the transatlantic flts

And this has what to do with US Airways?

Did or did not US Airways order the A-350?

Well they are having problems with the A380 which is a big piece of their business. Its a trickle down effect that occurs. And Airbus currently is having design problems with the A350, which US Airways has ordered.

The article may have not affect US Airways directly, but indirectly it does. For example, say you are interested about buying a new car, the car model that you are interested is fine. If they are having a recall problem with another type model, wouldn't you be interested? It may not directly be involved, but it does affect others.

If the article had gone into trickle down problems with the A350 production as a result of this recent A380 delay then the topic would be more appropriate in this forum. But as of now, we don't know that there are A350 delays as a result of this latest A380 news.

The article is about the problems with the A380, last time I checked US has NO orders for the A380, niether does any US passenger airline.

So please explain how it is relavent to be on the US Airways board if the plane has not been ordered by US Airways?

So shall I post things about Kimberly-Clark since US Airways' purchases Toilet Paper from them?

Or Playtex since the purchase femimine hygiene products from them?

Latest posts