Morning Coffee

bubbleboy

Advanced
Sep 21, 2003
Here's a scenario for you:

You are standing in a long line at Timmy Ho's with the usual rabid morning crowd. You notice that one of the servers has a runny nose, is coughing and or sneezing. It's your turn, and of course you get the guy that should be in a cold medication commercial. :(

He's been rubbing his running nose, and coughing, sometimes in his hand, sometimes not. He then gives you your extra large black with the non-winning roll-up-the-rim cup.

What would you do?

Say hey buddy, dump the coffee, blow your nose, go and wash your hands, and then come back and give me another coffee. Of course this would heat up the rabid coffee drinkers in line behind you who don't care, and then they wonder where they picked up the cold! Of course the snot nose server would get all embarassed.

Or would you just take the coffee and drink it like I have been doing? I'm not overly paranoid, but if you find yourself getting sick alot with these mysterious illnesses, how much of it can be attributed to the customer/consumer allowing this kind of service to continue.

Do you guys notice this apparent lack of basic hygiene? On another similar note, how many of you think the drive-thru at Timmy's should be for coffee only!!!!

I'm really losing it now!! I am genuinely curious as to what you would do.

I'd jump over the counter, throttle the little bugger, then turn my rage on the remaining customers who haven't already ran from the store, and proceed to toss timbits at anyone who tries to get in my way. Once the police show up, I'll threaten to poison the coffee unless they fly me out of there in a helicopter to my own secluded island in the caribbean, out of reach of the canadian judicial system.

Of course this is all hypothetical, since we all know I could never waste a timbit... :up:

But on a serious note...take my wife with you. She's flatly refused at Subway to accept a sandwich because the girl proceeded to make it on the wet counter after she wiped the counter with a rag from the dirty dishwater sink.

That must have been in the Subway in Revelstoke where I watched this girl with a runny nose keep wiping it wiht the back of her hand while she made my subs. At that point I told here to forget and went to some other ptomain palace where I couldn't see them make my food :p

That happened to me recently. your in a hurry, still groggy from just getting up, don't want to make a scene. you got about 30 seconds to decide what your going to do. I took the coffee and ended up just dumping it when I got to work. I should have called that particular Timmies when I got to work and reported my complaint to the manager, but Ive switched to Country Style Donuts for my morning coffee. shorter line ups, less screw ups with my order, coffee is more consistant and turns out I like it better. :)

Of course if any of this was the zoo in Inuvik back in the 60s-70s it would have been just fine :p

personally speaking...with a Timmy "HO" :shock: on every street corner in Canada, I think I'd just turn around and go to the next one. One of the "drones" behind you in need of thier fix would gladly take your "large double/double" and go on :blink:

You have my vote on streamlining the drive thru :up: No damn bagels allowed! :angry:

Then again, in my neck of the woods there's at least 8 people working the store in the morning and six of them are getting orders ready for the drive thru customers. :wacko:

And why is it, it seems when your standing in the corral with the rest of the cattle waitin for for your "fix"...you finally get to the counter and your server walks away to make a fresh pot of coffee :wacko: (seems like a friggin eternity)

Oh yeah!!! With the billions of $$$ Timmy is making... :down: WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE A G.D COFFEE CUP THAT DOESN'T LEAK??? :blink: :stupid:

Roll up the rim to win! shoulda called it "bite up the rim to reessayez S.V.P"

Startin to stress...time for another Timmy's...I just know that next cup is gonna be a winner :rolleyes:

sorry fellas, i now this has nothing to do with snotty coffee but, buckmeister, how do you manage to wear a headset?

An agravated engineer I worked with modified my headset and also equipped it with a baby bottle nipple on the end of the mic at no extra charge. :huh:

buckmeister: Judging from the photo, looks like coffee is a BIG part of your day.

I've given up on Timmy's coffee for now, and am taking the considerable savings and putting them towards research into pilots with small heads.

Thanks all for your snot filled tales. I will also be eating at home forever!!

Except McDonalds, and maybe Wendy's, O.K maybe Charles Smart Donairs and....

:up:

i might not be the the sharpest knife in the forest but some might say that a few boogers in your coffee would be the lesser of two evils considering some of the stuff that has been known to turn up in a clown burger. hey, and i'm all for free food.

ya better get used to it, bubblemeboy...

afore ya know it, you'll be working FOR a bunch of snot-nosed punks!!!

:D :D