moving up U seniority list

flygirl74

Senior
Nov 13, 2004
I know that we have been parking aircraft, etc. but how much have you moved up in seniority?
I have been averaging 250-275 a year (pre 9/11).
From January 2004 til December 2005 I have gone up 1250 people! Does anyone know the current number of us left? Maybe HP will not be so fearful since the numbers are shrinking. :up:

What movement :lol: Back in 1989 the combined US/PI had 440 aircraft and over 50,000 employees......many years later after we grafted the plan of "Honey, I SHRUNK the Airline" and merged Again we are still small in scope and only have 35,000 employees. And what is really ridiculous is having all these f/a's sitting on reserve with minimal work available.......I don't get it and I sure as hell know THEY don't either.

The bad thing about all of the shifting up in seniority is that at the same time we are all falling back in seniority....if that makes any sense? Chalk it up to the incredible shrinking airline syndrome. From what it looks like our F/A numbers are at about half of what they were pre 911....sad thing is,even with all of the furloughs and early retirements we still seem to be overstaffed....does anybody have any insight to those numbers?

The bad thing about all of the shifting up in seniority is that at the same time we are all falling back in seniority....if that makes any sense? Chalk it up to the incredible shrinking airline syndrome. From what it looks like our F/A numbers are at about half of what they were pre 911....sad thing is,even with all of the furloughs and early retirements we still seem to be overstaffed....does anybody have any insight to those numbers?
You certainly hit the nail on the head!

Latest posts