Must be nice!!

Hey Wannabe!!...Try having enough tact , to not use the term Crash when it's regarding a civilian airliner, regardless of the applied livery. This industry has enough issues , without somebody creating further negative overtones. I could care less if you like U or not. Just have some common courtesy with regard to your references. The DHC-8 family certainly does not warrant such a ill-advised nickname either!!

The state of New York is using 2.3 million dollars (state funded)to fund two Dual Loading Bridges at ALB for Southwest so they can load and unload quicker. Reason for the gift was to hope for more routes out of ALB. When does this crap stop? Dave should be stepping up to the plate to level the playing ground. This is the same welcome arms that happed in BWI!

I'm not saying that the [STRONG]Dash[/STRONG] 8 is a bad airplane....but what do ypu expect when you pit a turboprop against a 737 with a considerable difference in cost....The situation USAir finds it self in now. I love it how the USAir people blame SWA & jetBlue for their problems.....its almost in harmony with the people at United, maybe you guys should merge! Okay, I was being sarcastic....Personally I hope you guys make it...but I'm sick of hearing about the so-called Battle of Baltimore....USAir ran from BWI and if they continue to run there will be a LUV bird in the wait to take the people from point A to point B!

It's basically akin to airports offering subsidies to lure U.S. majors to fly there, which is something that is common in the industry in places like the caribbean and ski markets that don't necessarily generate the demand or yield to offset operating costs. The fact that WN still remains the industry's Golden Child doesn't hurt either. And of course there's the political angle. It certainly helps a politician's cause if he/she does something to entice more low-fare service to serve his/her constituents. Gotta love it.

Wannabe, please behave like a grownup. I find myself embarrassed by most of your posts.

The USA has a Wal-Mart mentality. WN is simply the Wal-Mart of the airline industry. US Airways is more like Belks.
I have started moving my business around in the town where I live. When I have people tell me that they flew on so and so because its cheaper, I do the same thing. I tell them I bought my groceries, for example, at Wal-Mart instead of their store because its cheaper (although I hate the service ,or lack thereof, at Wal-Mart). But when I buy clothes I go to Belks because the quality and service is better.

At my location, the airport has given any new entrant carriers the store for nothing while they have screwed the airlines that have served the community for over 40 years..they raise our fees and then give the new guy on the block reduced and even FREE rent and landing fees to get them into the airport..and once the free ride is over they pack up and leave town..The airport director would drop to his knees to get WN in there, just to inflate his numbers and make him look like a bigshot to the locals. This is not to say that WN leaves a new market, just what aiports do to get them lured in..

Can't blame ALB for wanting to provide decent service to the population that uses their terminal. And if it means providing incentives for Southwest or other carriers they'll do it. U has been in ALB
for more years then anyone can remember. But when we keep turning mainline routes over to express it sends a negative message to airport operators as well as the travelling public.

US Airways is more like Belks

I would think a more appropriate analogy would be that US Airways is more like Kmart. (Both forgot about their customers, service dropped, changed their slogen 10 times, and then went to bankruptcy). Sorry but I like belks and don't like seeing their name tarnished.

Everyone things so much of WN but CO exp in Alb is growing by leaps and bounds mostly with Commutair which used to be a US Express carrier. If US had kept Commutair in the system then they would still have a big presence in ALB instead of having the airport authority try to remove gates from them. I know Commutair wants to expand their hub in ALB even more but the airport has no space for them to expand. They may only be express flights with Beechcraft but they would have kept all of the US agents in ALB employed and not furloughed. The last plan I heard was for them to go to 80 flights a day in ALB. US has done nothing to entice the airport authority in ALB to help them. Maybe now that ALB is finally getting a manager instead of sharing one with RIC we can start to see some progress. Of course we need jet service to compete especially to DCA. And losing BWI service was also a big hit -- it was the only commuter flight consistently booked to capacity and then some.

The USA has a Wal-Mart mentality. WN is simply the Wal-Mart of the airline industry. US Airways is more like Belks.
I have started moving my business around in the town where I live. When I have people tell me that they flew on so and so because its cheaper, I do the same thing. I tell them I bought my groceries, for example, at Wal-Mart instead of their store because its cheaper (although I hate the service ,or lack thereof, at Wal-Mart). But when I buy clothes I go to Belks because the quality and service is better.

A320-

Where you got your analogy wrong is not only is WN cheaper, ie Walmart, it provides better service in coach the US ie Belks. 737, free drinks, overhead space, friendly employees, higher frequency, more room, faster award ticket........

Only problem was that it was CommuteAir that left for CO. They did not want to stay because they would have had to get larger aircraft to remain a USAirways Express carrier. Thing is, they almost went out of Business because the CO Connection was not working, prior to making ALB a Hub.