My favorite aircraft!...... What's yours?

One of the guys in my bike group is a retired TWA/AA pilot. I was chatting with him on a ride and asked what planes he flew. He said 707, 727. 757 and 767. I asked him which one was his favorite and he said it was the 757 by far. Said it was like a sports car.

One of the guys in my bike group is a retired TWA/AA pilot. I was chatting with him on a ride and asked what planes he flew. He said 707, 727. 757 and 767. I asked him which one was his favorite and he said it was the 757 by far. Said it was like a sports car.
I can believe that. I still remember my first ride on a 757 back when we could still get first class. The pitch angle on climb out was amazing.

Testors_Go-Hi.jpg

If he flew for TWA back in the 707 days, ask him about the 880 next time you see him.

I was always curious why the wing had that lift. Was it for take-off or landing to increase lift? Also, did they ever use these for the blue angels.
The reason for the variable wing was because if the F-8 came in with a clean wing, (lowered) it couldn't land on a moving flight deck without stalling .By raising the wing, the leading edge flaps, and trailing, were slaved to the wing, they would automatically deploy and increase the comber, creating more left at slower speeds ..... And no, the Blue angles never used the F-8's.

Last edited: