my trip

A330US

Senior
Aug 10, 2005
oh man where do i begin !
my family went to SFO for spring break, 3 days, friday we were heading out back to CLT, all flight were EXTREMELY FULL !
we couldnt get on any flight, which amassed to about 12 hours stuck in sfo airport. we then got a flight to LAS, first time on america west, the plane was terrible, sucked like crap, really old and tattered, i was scared how it even flew, the AW A320 we were on made the old 737s look really good, the FAs were really nice however, all AWA ppl were helpful. got to LAS and 30 mins later was a flight to CLT, me and mom went and dad, sis and brother were left in LAS, they spent overnight there, next day went to phoenix in order to get to PHL, all PHL flights from LAS were full as well !
rest of fam went to PHX-PHL, then PHL-CLT on a 767 (with new interior)
rest fam just got back 10:30 EST.
crazy most aggravated trip ever, wants you to not non rev anymore again, even with SA1 priority.
SFO was a great place though, and we went on a non reconfig. A321 as well, which was nice and clean

oh man where do i begin !
my family went to SFO for spring break, 3 days, friday we were heading out back to CLT, all flight were EXTREMELY FULL !
we couldnt get on any flight, which amassed to about 12 hours stuck in sfo airport. we then got a flight to LAS, first time on america west, the plane was terrible, sucked like crap, really old and tattered, i was scared how it even flew, the AW A320 we were on made the old 737s look really good, the FAs were really nice however, all AWA ppl were helpful. got to LAS and 30 mins later was a flight to CLT, me and mom went and dad, sis and brother were left in LAS, they spent overnight there, next day went to phoenix in order to get to PHL, all PHL flights from LAS were full as well !
rest of fam went to PHX-PHL, then PHL-CLT on a 767 (with new interior)
rest fam just got back 10:30 EST.
crazy most aggravated trip ever, wants you to not non rev anymore again, even with SA1 priority.
SFO was a great place though, and we went on a non reconfig. A321 as well, which was nice and clean

Wow, I've made worse connections than that pre 9/11. That is just part of non-rev experience. If you want a guaranteed seat you should purchase one.

Its Spring Break season, if you want to get from point A to point B, you purchase a seat. You get 20% off the price. I always NEVER non rev during a holiday season, nor let my family or friends either!.

Its Spring Break season, if you want to get from point A to point B, you purchase a seat. You get 20% off the price. I always NEVER non rev during a holiday season, nor let my family or friends either!.
100% agreed! But are you sure that 20% discount is still available to us? We asked res last December and were told no......

yes the 20% off fare is available.. you cannot book it thru res, go to the ticket counter and book and pay there.. it isn't refundable though...

OK I need to say something here.

1. Who in their right mind books any personal trip during spring break? Even my normal business travel becomes 1000 times more frustrating because of the hordes of the unwashed masses.

2. No available seats? Wow! You're just finding that out now? There are less seats available than ever before on this airline. But the Sandcastle will squeeze more into planes that shouldn't have more (A320, 321, 330). You've faced what all of your daily customers face. LESS SEATS and LESS FREQUENCY. There was a time I could hop onto any earlier flight and get a seat. NOT ANYMORE.

Welcome to the real world of travel. You're screwed or delayed or even left behind more and more.

Let me get this straight....a party of 5 had trouble non-revving during spring break? Don't even tell me that you couldn't get seats together!

Let me get this straight....a party of 5 had trouble non-revving during spring break? Don't even tell me that you couldn't get seats together!

LOL
i knew it was a busy season, but flights when i checked looked okay, but when the days closer to departure came, the less seats we had...one day there were 13 seats open, next day only 4

one day there were 13 seats open, next day only 4

This is something that changed with the new HP pricing system. Since most fares no longer require an advance or roundtrip purchase, you have a lot more people buying on US last minute than in the past. The numbers on some flights change very quickly the last few days. I've watched a couple flights I've been interested in taking go from 20-30 open the week before dept to being oversold. You cant guage open seats more than a day or two out any more.

yes the 20% off fare is available.. you cannot book it thru res, go to the ticket counter and book and pay there.. it isn't refundable though...
Yes YOU do book it by calling Res...Just booked a trip last week ...and saved 20 % off the lowest price avail for that day.

Yes YOU do book it by calling Res...Just booked a trip last week ...and saved 20 % off the lowest price avail for that day.

ok my next question is, this 20% discount is applicable to everyone listed on your term pass? Meaning kids AND parents?