My U loyalty is over

RowUnderDCA

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Today, I slog out to the airport in an ice storm to redeem a $100 voucher that I 'whined' out of US to compensate for an expensive internet ticketing mistake from October.

Then my preference for flying LCC is over.

Obviously, the times are changing and I don't expect that LCC will do what U used to do for me to keep my loyalty. For various reasons, I havent gone to Europe twice or three-times a year (I even bought one of those cheaper envoy tickets once). I no longer use my USAirways credit card as much, and there haven't been any unusual circumstances (like 9-11) to inspire LCC to provide an easy way to make low level preferred.

And I certainly got treated VERY nicely by the old U-- more nicely than any reasonable business plan would prudently suggest. I managed to earn enough miles through the Silver miles bonus and the credit card to get a roundtrip to Europe on SWISS in first class and U was very helpful in getting me there and back. So, I had been very loyal.

But the last couple of purchases have been different. I feel like LCC is hoping they can find a way to ding me, even if the folks know it wasn't my doing. I had thought that there would be a good middle ground- LCC not offering me rediculous incentives for my relatively paltry business, but not treating me like a 'mark' to be cheated.

I don't expect that LCC will miss me much. But when I do start travelling to Europe again, it won't be on LCC.

I'll try to transition to be one of those folks that searches for the cheapest fare on the internet. I suspect that soon, if not already, there will be ways to search for good business class deals to Europe, since I'm a little spoiled with avoiding coach. Anyway, I'll fly LCC when it fits my schedule and price is competitive... ugh.. I hate having to shop!

Good luck

Attachments

• Walmart.jpg
    Walmart.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 171
you get what you pay for......
Delldue, to what are you referring? I hear this from some employees and it really irritates me if it refers to the price of my tickets. What should I get when I pay $1700 to FAT from PHL? On UA, I get a lot! On US, I get a dirty seat, dirty lavs, and terrible food. What should I get when I pay $1400 to SAN from PHL? On US, I get a box meal, dirty seats, and dirty lavs. On UA, I get a lot! What do I get when I pay $1200 to DFW--a dirty seat, no meal, and dirty lavs--maybe even an RJ. My point is, if US is going to charge fares comparable to UA and AA sans the amenities, they aren't going to make it very far. If they want to be a true LCC, with a crappy FC product like Airtran, then start charging fares representative of the product. And, if you really don't care about your most loyal FF's, revamp the entire program and offer one tier level like WN and Airtran. US's problem is it is inconsistent--every aspect of the company is inconsistent--from the product they offer to the quality of the product they offer to the fares they charge to the DM program. US has become an amorphous entity that doesn't know what it really is--if US doesn't know what it is--how will its customers know?

I'm afraid I don't understand this "get what you pay for" attitude from employees to our customers. U needs to have a standard of service no matter what the fare charged.

I generally have no idea who paid what fare, and it doesn't matter. Whatever the company dictates the service, that's what I'll deliver to every customer. Consistency is important.

I've been giving this some thought and wonder if it would possible to give customers chits for food, headsets and liquor according to how much was paid for their ticket.

Could something like this work? Would the customers who pay the higher fares like it?

I think it's worth considering.

Dea

Could something like this work? Would the customers who pay the higher fares like it?

I recommended this to CCY several years ago because of the increase in RJ use and received no response. I said, instead of me connecting on mainline flights on a $700 plus fare to ATL, why not give me some drink coupons for a non-stop RJ flight? That way, it gives me an incentive to fly the RJ product--particularly on a Friday evening flight back home after being away all week. As I describe above, US offers an inconsistent product--you never know how little to expect--that is unfair to the customers and to the frontline employees.

Delldue, to what are you referring? I hear this from some employees and it really irritates me if it refers to the price of my tickets. What should I get when I pay $1700 to FAT from PHL? On UA, I get a lot! On US, I get a dirty seat, dirty lavs, and terrible food. What should I get when I pay $1400 to SAN from PHL? On US, I get a box meal, dirty seats, and dirty lavs. On UA, I get a lot! What do I get when I pay $1200 to DFW--a dirty seat, no meal, and dirty lavs--maybe even an RJ. [/b]

you expect champagne service from a carrier known for price gouging in cities where they control the market?
you cited quite a few examples as where you get better bang for your buck...i spend my money where i get the best service at the best price. ;)

US1Yfare,

You should drop a note to the guys in Tempe. They seem to be a lot more receptive to to suggestions than CCY ever was!

Dea

RowUnderDCA, c'mon! You're pissed about a price of a ticket and a loyalty program! Have you lost your pension?? Taken a 50% paycut?? Or lost your job?? Your complaint is more suited for the FlyerTalk board.

you expect champagne service from a carrier known for price gouging in cities where they control the market?
you cited quite a few examples as where you get better bang for your buck...i spend my money where i get the best service at the best price. ;)

you really don't get it. US did not always offer a crappy product and was not always such an undefined entity. Now, US doesn't know what it is. There is no consistency in what they offer. It isn't a true LCC because it still charges high fares. It isn't a true legacy because its FC product stinks, yet it charges the same price as UA or AA for FC.

US gouged travelers in PHL for many, many years, but, I could always depend on good service and nice amenities. Recently, they are still selling high fare tix but offering an undependable and unappealing product. I'm not looking for the best service at the BEST PRICE. I'm looking for the best service reflective of the price I pay for my tickets--there is a big difference. I am not a $98 fare shopper looking for champagne. I am a Y, B, A, and H fare purchaser looking for the service level to match the fare like they do at UA and AA.

Once US defines itself, they will be in a better position to compete. Until then, they will struggle to survive because their loyal customer base will leave.

RowUnderDCA, c'mon! You're pissed about a price of a ticket and a loyalty program! Have you lost your pension?? Taken a 50% paycut?? Or lost your job?? Your complaint is more suited for the FlyerTalk board

No pax is going to say what they they did to the employees is the same as what is happening to the VFF. However, the comment is appropriate for here because the employees should know why the customers aren't coming back, why the customers have said forget it--i'm tired of this--the VFF fly because of the frontline employees, now, some of us are saying enough is enough and going elsewhere despite the frontline employees.

No pax is going to say what they they did to the employees is the same as what is happening to the VFF. However, the comment is appropriate for here because the employees should know why the customers aren't coming back, why the customers have said forget it--i'm tired of this--the VFF fly because of the frontline employees, now, some of us are saying enough is enough and going elsewhere despite the frontline employees.

The problem with our country is that we are a totally whiney society. We scream, threaten, pound, until we get our way, but at what cost? Did you not just read that airlines worldwide will lose $6 billion this year? The airline industry is a mess, and US Airways is a mess (although a mess with brighter prospects these days). This airline is in a merger right now and the focus is on that. I hate to say it, but a number of things will be changed that won't be popular. You may not like that, but for the greater good (which may be bad for some) of having a financially healthy airline that's what is going to happen. We have choices in this country, if you don't like something then I guess you have to make some changes. Remember where ever you go, there you are; and, if you want to fly in the good ole' USA these days you're going to have to go with the flow of change.

On UA, I get a lot! On US, I get a dirty seat, dirty lavs, and terrible food. On US, I get a box meal, dirty seats, and dirty lavs. On UA, I get a lot! a dirty seat, no meal, and dirty lavs--maybe even an RJ. [/b]

OK my friend, ENOUGH!! Go to f###ing United!! Some of us DO get it but YOU don't. Do you LIVE in Chicago? Well my brother does and HATES United. Why? HUm..dirty planes, dirty lavs, crappy food, and rude employees. Get it? If you think US is the only airline with those issues, you are blind as a bat. And RJ's? DAL is KING of them as is AMR and last I checked, so does freakin UAL!! BTW, as someone who actually works on the airplanes, they are not ALL dirty.

I have been patient with you and with the whiny coworkers that feel ALL should be settled with the new LCC in a month and a half. Guess what? It takes time. If you haven't the patience, then go, take your miles, and give them to UAL. I WOULD DO THE SAME THING!! But you are now as bad as the bitter US employees that I know. IT'S A BROKEN RECORD!!

I am thankful for your loyalty. Why you have stayed around as long as you have is beyond me, but on behalf of us who TRUELY feel your pain here at US Airways..We release you. It's ok to go to UNITED. We understand all is perfect at the three year old and counting bk UNITED, whose only real plan seems to lure our top fliers away. GO!! Really. It's ok. Do you think I would hang where my biz isn't wanted? We get it. We just don't need to have you throwing the #### in our face 24/7.

you really don't get it.
yes i do,way beyond the shadow of a doubt.
U always has been in the grey area of legacy airlines...most of the time its not even included in certain reportings....an overgrown regional with no clue as how to play with the big boys.... ;)
constant changes with no apparent success bears this out...and now for another rabbit outa my hat...

US does have a consistent product. Its consistently terrible. Its eons away from what it used to be and i have to tell you the arguement for the bad service is beyond stale. People arent going to accept the US excuse for bad service anymore because the airline is in a financial crunch. As stated in this thread, the airlines are going to lose 6 billion dollars this yr.That being said, the competition is eating your lunch when it comes to service. This is happening even as the airline industry post big losses. If the trend continues, i think US will find itself playing catch up to the competition right in US' own back yard, and in some areas, that has already begun.