My Wonderful Experiences So Far w/ US East

comeflywithme

Mar 18, 2006
Hello! This is my first post on US Aviation, so be nice :)
First, I am a US West employee. I'm fairly junior, so the merger is more exciting for me than anything.

Several weeks ago I had the honor of flying US Airways East from PHX through PHL, and on to FRA. And, on my return from FRA through CLT and back home to PHX.

I just wanted to say how kind everyone was to me. On each flight I said "I'm a US Airways emplyee based in Phoenix. Everyone said "Welcome aboard" and went out of their way to treat me so good. In fact, we had much fun comparing companies, weighing the good and the bad, telling stories and laughing.. We found out that there are things that we can both benefit from each other.

So, I'm asking all those who read this. Let's remember that when we meet someone from the 'other side', to keep in mind that they, too, have a reason for being here. Some have families, children, or maybe a sick mother or father at home. Some of us have unimaginable hardships that we deal with outside of work. Let us go out of our way to make each other feel welcome, no matter where we are.

J

Noooo! noooo! i hate them all! the first thing i say to the us airways employees at the gate before i board one of the east flights is "i hate you all!" then after i get my seat i make sure to tell the flight attendants and the pilots that i hate them as well! Forget their familes and if their nice people , their all evil!!!! evil!!! lol
So your a new poster on here huh? your evil as well and i hate you!! welcome lol

Your enthusiasm is welcomed. Don't be disappointed if everyone doesn't share the same cheerful attitude.

Welcome comeflywithme! Glad you had a great experience. Remember what you read here is by far simply a few posters that try to shed their negative thinking and by far isn't the majority at all. You could put a nice thick juicy steak in front of some of these "people" and they would *itch! If you spend any time on this board in the future you will get to know them. Anyway...welcome to the board and don't be offened by the negative posters..they laurch in the background just waiting to pounce on someone's enthusiasm!

Hello! This is my first post on US Aviation, so be nice :)
First, I am a US West employee. I'm fairly junior, so the merger is more exciting for me than anything.

Several weeks ago I had the honor of flying US Airways East from PHX through PHL, and on to FRA. And, on my return from FRA through CLT and back home to PHX.

I just wanted to say how kind everyone was to me. On each flight I said "I'm a US Airways emplyee based in Phoenix. Everyone said "Welcome aboard" and went out of their way to treat me so good. In fact, we had much fun comparing companies, weighing the good and the bad, telling stories and laughing.. We found out that there are things that we can both benefit from each other.

So, I'm asking all those who read this. Let's remember that when we meet someone from the 'other side', to keep in mind that they, too, have a reason for being here. Some have families, children, or maybe a sick mother or father at home. Some of us have unimaginable hardships that we deal with outside of work. Let us go out of our way to make each other feel welcome, no matter where we are.

J
Customer Service Agents should always remember every body has a unique situation. They deal with every life situation imaginable. It is hard when it is not a two way street.(management to employees) That is why WN is so successful

Yes welcome to the board, glad you had a nice experience, they all should be.
But like a few have said don't take to heart some of the negitive postings you may read, unfortuately there are some that do alot of it. They are a small minority. But very vocal.
Plus be prepared to hear that you drink alot of kool-aid.

Attachments

• kool1.jpg
    kool1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 94
Plus be prepared to hear that you drink alot of kool-aid.

I've been called a kool aid drinker because I'm good with passengers, I volunteer at DO Crew, the union and other charities, etc... but you know what? I don't take it personally. Who cares? name calling doesn't bother me.

In the airline industry, it is sad to hear that when you do something that is good and want to see your company succeed, they call you kool aid drinker. That's pretty sad.

Allegheny...great thumbnail. Optimist..you said it all. I tried using the "ignore" feature but found myself seeing only two or three posts per day. These people just love to be miserable and when they find someone here with their same sucked attitude...Bingo, they get a rush and can rant and not be identified. I would rather sip the "Koolo-Aid" then chug the poison that they have shipped in! Don't like what's happened to the industry but waiting to read how they would run an airline and be successful. And, if you have a way, your wasting way to much time turning wrenches or checking in passengers!

I've been called a kool aid drinker because I'm good with passengers, I volunteer at DO Crew, the union and other charities, etc... but you know what? I don't take it personally. Who cares? name calling doesn't bother me.

It's all jealousy!!! There is nothing wrong with doing other things (whether it is vol or paid)to better yourself. I do many things within the company, and I get the same sh#@.

Jealousy gets you know where.

I met a west employee on a flight from FRA to CLT a couple of weeks ago (a customer service agent from IAH). My only memory was that he told me his company saved mine from going out of buisness. Hope that wasn't you.

I met a west employee on a flight from FRA to CLT a couple of weeks ago (a customer service agent from IAH). My only memory was that he told me his company saved mine from going out of buisness. Hope that wasn't you.

Ya know, I don't really want to stir the pot, but why is this issue such a slap in the face to the east side? Is it not a fact that USeast was on it's way to liquidation within aprox 60days prior to the announcment of the merger? I am not saying HP did not have their own financial issues, but why is it so hard to accept the fact that the merger was a savior for USeast? Those of us who talk about this do not mean it to be derogitory (sp?), it's just a fact, like 2+2=4, its not really a 'grey' area, as far as I have learned.

IT'S TRUE...So what!!!