Need An Answer To A Question-mine

wench

Veteran
Oct 10, 2002
After being on HOLD for 45 minutes, I re-called HR, Payroll, and Salary only not to get an answer to my question.
Their answer? Ask your supervisor.
Well if I did GET an answer from my supervisor,then why would I be calling you?

Here it is and hopefully I can get an answer-
I'm in a mainline city- I understand with the 21% pay wacks, our hourly rate will be increased 2 maybe 3.00 per hour..?

When?
Is there any TRUTH to this?

Thanks...

golden1 said:
After being on HOLD for 45 minutes, I re-called HR, Payroll, and Salary only not to get an answer to my question.
Their answer? Ask your supervisor.
Well if I did GET an answer from my supervisor,then why would I be calling you?

Here it is and hopefully I can get an answer-
I'm in a mainline city- I understand with the 21% pay wacks, our hourly rate will be increased 2 maybe 3.00 per hour..?

When?
Is there any TRUTH to this?

Thanks...
[post="198990"][/post]​

To be honest I don't think I understand the question, that is to say, the way you worded it HERE..perhaps HR didn't understand either.
Care to rephrase?

Alright I will ..

Currently I'm at 13.01 per hr.

With the 21% pay cut..EXCLUDING MAINLINE EXPRESS>> our station mgr, in a meeting to us, his employees, mentioned EXPRESS will no longer be and the express people will be under one umbrella.. The same payscale...no express wages.

If mainline is at 16.oo at the moment., our 13.01 per hr wil be increased...to that amount..

Sound logical now?

The manager who you told this seems to have a different source of information than is available to just about everyone else. The "proposal" from the company to the CWA calls for - with the two year "stepdown" - a mainline express TOS payrate of $10 and change.
No mention of ME being phased out.

According to the CWA official with i whom spoke (last week) there have been no major changes to the company's proposal.

http://cwa.net/PDFs/Management10-22-04proposal.pdf

[B]12.65 - Top of Scale - MidAtlantic/Mainline Express [/B]
13.62 - Top of Scale - Customer Assistance Reps (CAR's)
14.21 - Top of Scale - Dividend Miles/Baggage Call Center
15.20 - Top of Scale - CSA, CTO, Reservations, Club Reps

• Active Customer Service Agents, CTO Agents, Reservations Agents, US Airways Club
Representatives will have their pay date seniority adjusted to reflect placement on the new pay scales
four pay steps lower than their current pay seniority (Example - an agent with 20 years of pay
seniority is reduced from top of scale placement by 4 pay steps {from step 14 to step 10} and will have
an adjusted pay seniority of 10 years)
• Active Customer Assistance Representatives, Dividend Miles Service Center and Baggage Call Center
Representatives, Mainline Express and MidAtlantic employees will have their pay date seniority
adjusted to reflect placement on the new pay scales two pay steps lower than their current pay seniority

(Example - a CAR with 15 years of pay seniority is reduced from top of scale placement by 2 pay steps
{from step 10 to step 8} and will have an adjusted pay seniority of 8 years)
• Employees returning from furlough will return to the first step of the pay scale

Thanks!

What a crock of you know what!

Seems the story has changed prior to a week or so of US filing BK..

He had a meeting with us, and mentioned the company did not like the idea of mainline express,and all the employees would be making the same amount!!

An 18 yr employee today gave her 2 week notice.

This is what these B@&T@rD$ want...

NEWS FLASH!!! The "story" isn't the only thing to have changed since US filed for a second BK!

There was talk a while back about doing away with MDA, and making everything mainline again. Not only didn't it get past the talking stage, I'm sure it's now long since forgotten. In fact, if you read the proposals the company has given to the unions, many of today's mainline stations, will be secondary stations if they have their way. The employees at these stations will then be reduced to your wages, not you brought up to their's!

One thing I'm willing to bet the farm on, in relation to US Airways future, is that NOBODY (outside of management) is going to see an increase in their wages for a VERY long time.